What's new

Lahore is 'Paris of Pakistan,' tweets William Hague

This is another low point in Lahore, which collects rain water from various roads and it takes 1 hour before the water discharge.
It is parallel to Mall... which is 10 yards away from the point in photo above and never is immersed in water.
Other point is this part of Lahore was built almost 2 centuries ago, there is a limit to fix all problems.
People shall also understand that rains in Lahore are heavy... not like European rains.
You can read at the bottom of same picture.. word 'Tufani'

You haven't seen European rains otherwise you wont be saying this. Let me put it this way if it rains as much as it rains in european countries then entire lahore would be underwater. Europeans planned even their villages before they built them so don't disgrace them by comparing them with lahore. Lahore can be Paris but it is no way near that standard yet even after facial makeovers like Metro Bus.

You haven't seen European rains otherwise you wont be saying this. Let me put it this way if it rains as much as it rains in european countries then entire lahore would be underwater. Europeans planned even their villages before they built them so don't disgrace them by comparing them with lahore. Lahore can be Paris but it is no way near that standard yet even after facial makeovers like Metro Bus.

Trust me, i have seen Europe and its seasons, more than what you have seen... in your few years of life.
Perhaps, you have never seen a tropical rain.... read my posts again.
Water collection in lower pockets of Lahore is only temporary.... Lahore as a city does not have drainage issues.
These pictures are from areas of Lahore, which are 2 centuries old, you can only blame the same British.. if you are looking to blame some one.
Heavy rains are seasonal...., therefore it does not stay flooded all year long.

Trust me, i have seen Europe and its seasons, more than what you have seen... in your few years of life.
Perhaps, you have never seen a tropical rain.... read my posts again.
Water collection in lower pockets of Lahore is only temporary.... Lahore as a city does not have drainage issues.
These pictures are from areas of Lahore, which are 2 centuries old, you can only blame the same British.. if you are looking to blame some one.
Heavy rains are seasonal...., therefore it does not stay flooded all year long.

As i said even if you take out Drainage issue calling lahore Paris is foolish. Well keep believing if it makes you happy but there is no such thing called Paris in a third world country like pakistan. I have lived in pakistan and islamabad is the best it can get for us.

You have to look at the context of the statement: Brits have a deep hatred for Paris. Therefore the statement is an insult rather than a complement.

You have to look at the context of the statement: Brits have a deep hatred for Paris. Therefore the statement is an insult rather than a complement.

This isnt the 1870's anymore.
Paris is a must-go destination for tourists, British or not.

He said Paris of "Pakistan"... read the thread and the caption first, then comment.... ;)

Read my lips.

Lahoris get laptops, without electricity to use them.

Lahori girls will get bikes, without petrol to fuel them.

:lol:

This is a big joke on Pakistani people, while Noon League khassis recieve kick backs.

**** the laptops and mopeds.

Give our people electricity. Give our people running water. These noon league khassis are cheating the people.

Lahoris get laptops, without electricity to use them.

Laptop works on batteries, charge them when electricity arrives,

Lahori girls will get bikes, without petrol to fuel them.

There is no petrol issues, its their pricing and only CNG has such hardens

Give our people electricity. Give our people running water. These noon league khassis are cheating the people.

Oh so u think that energy crises is just a matter of a month or so, u know that federal government formed is working on such matters, meanwhile the provincial government, is working on other issues, solving traffic problems(introducing Taxi yellow cab, metro buses, and of course giving bikes to Lahori girls etc etc), making educational institutions, establishing hospitals, making bridges, and people like u criticize on Laptops schemes?, while got to inform u while the federal government is working on electricity problems, Punjab govt. is giving Laptops to first and "SOLAR PANEL SYSTEMS", (which perhaps include solar panels, battery, a 12 VOLT fan, which i suppose never stops and a low watt bright LED lights), to students who stood 2nd Positions in their institutions, free of cost.... cant u see this???? I am amazed to hear such good thinks coming from Lahore, and also It makes me somewhat angry that Sindh Government is not even interested to make LAW and Situation under control, forget about the development of KARACHI, they cant even introduce some new buses to solve the problem of transportation....
So if there is some development going in any part of your country, atleast being a patriotism feel proud rather than criticizing on it..... in Karachi, I don't see any sign of government anywhere....

pl are saying difference between Lahore n Karachi is now very vast. Lahore has truly changed into a most modern city and every kind of facilities. I heard on a Dr Danish Programme that Lahore is now 10 years or even 20 years to Karachi now.

Keep politics aside, Lahore is undoubtedly Pakistan most beautiful city.

Lahore has a rich history. Its architecture, from days of Mughals to the British and contemporary period is unmatched in Pakistan. Lahore also is a cultural capital of PAkistan. So there are similarities to Paris in some ways.

If anyone praises my cities, or my country, I will not think for a second, who won from that city and who rules that province. Its my country, its my cities. When someone praises it, I take it as a compliment.

pl are saying difference between Lahore n Karachi is now very vast. Lahore has truly changed into a most modern city and every kind of facilities. I heard on a Dr Danish Programme that Lahore is now 10 years or even 20 years to Karachi now.

Really? I need to go visit. The problem was my jaw dropped and I was fixated at the lovely sight of the girls coming out Punjab university. I didn't move from that spot after that.

Just came back from Lahore to Karachi. Sorry, have to disagree. Everything and everyone in Lahore is soooo slloooowww!!
All that loadshedding, too many unemployed and everyone to bed by 10.

Lahore is among the best in so many ways, but modernity is hardly it.

Back
Top Bottom