What's new

Lahore is 'Paris of Pakistan,' tweets William Hague

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
578679-williamjhague-1374162514-399-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: British Foreign Secretary William Hague referred to Lahore as the ‘Paris of Pakistan’ while on his visit to the provincial capital as part of his Pakistan tour that officially began on Wednesday.

Tweeting from his official Twitter account, Hague said that he was happy to visit Lahore, before comparing it to French metropolis.

Me Lahore aa ker khush howa! Paris of Pakistan

Hague started this official tour of Pakistan on Wednesday, starting with a bilateral meeting with the adviser to Prime Minister on foreign affairs and national security Sartaj Aziz. A foreign ministry official told The Express Tribune that the focus of British foreign secretary’s visit would be on the current Afghan situation. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Britain, which is part of the US-led Nato/Isaf mission in Afghanistan, was concerned about the deadlock over the Qatar talks.

The British foreign secretary later joined the Punjab cabinet for Iftar on Thursday evening after a day of meetings with the Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif.

Pleasure and honour to join Punjab Cabinet for #Iftar dinner as they break their fast on Thursday evening in Lahore

Lahore is ‘Paris of Pakistan,’ tweets William Hague – The Express Tribune

They are just trying to flatter pakistan, want to suck up to pakistan because they have no future in the future. They know pakistan will emerge as a major player in the world horizon that is why all these stupid remarks are coming. pakistani leaders should never ever be impressed by their hollow statements. these brits cannot praise pakistan from their heart, it is just a lip service.

Well all I can say is, I haven't seen a better city outside Europe than Lahore.

When I was visiting Lahore as a tourist for one day couple of months ago (I have however been to Lahore for countless times but mostly about some sort of work). I kept on reiterating that it is much more beautiful than Rome as I thought it shared few similarities with Rome (The area around Shahi Qila, Badshahi Mosque etc).

I don't think I have seen better castle than Shahi Qila or Mosque like the Badshahi Mosque anywhere in the world. But when you go around poor areas of Lahore, you hardly compare it any any third world country.

buttering at its best !

Of course. You must be one of those people who live in Defence or other areas, south of the City and want that to be one of your 'Naya Pakistan' ! Lahore is one of the historic cities in South Asia and the Mughuls, Britis and Hindus were not stupid to leave that easily. These words i.e. 'Paris of Pakistan', 'City of Gardens' didn't come down by any accident.

Presently, The Walled City is undergoing rehabilitation and by next year it will invite more tourists. :)

All I can say about Lahore is,

When you visit Badshahi Mosque, Shahi Qila, Minar e Pakistan, Maqbara-e-Jahangir, Dinner around Ravi, Daata Darbar and Wagah Border etc, you feel like you are not in Lahore. It's the other world... All of them are comparable to any world standard

When you go and visit poor areas, it's a different Lahore
When you go to Defence, Model Town... It's Canada :D

I have been to European cities, Rome, Paris, London, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Istanbul and you will find the people of these cities very nationalist. Unfortunately there is a class in Lahore who are ungrateful. They have their inferiority complexes.

Back
Top Bottom