What's new

Kunduz update

They ran away to Kunar via shawal valley which extends both in North and South Waziristan. We asked American presence on the other side of border specifically. But since Americans were high on Haqqani BS at that time. They conveniently forgot to seal border properly from Afghanistan side nor there were any Afghani presence there

And the trend continues till to day. Read this account for better understanding !

Defending Dandi Katch checkpost in N. Waziristan

@A-Team He is still alive ?

Buddy Shawal isn't anywhere near Kunar , it borders Khost and Zabul.Kunar is up in the north adjacent to bajuar , to say they escaped to Kunar via shawal would mean they would have to cross Jalalabad. TTP in Kunar are the ones that escaped from Swat and Dir . Yes i believe ANSF completely ignores TTP movements and even might lend support. But i dont think US and ISAF soilders are manning borders in Khost or Zabul. Basically , the Americans wanted the Operation Marjah and Operation Northwaziristan to be conducted simultaneously but the whole ramond davis fiasco and disagreements over timings , which militants to targets, let to further tensions and relations soured .But to say that they "sided" with TTP is wrong .Infact they were the ones who caught Latif mehsud , trying to collaborate with NDS against Pak and subsequently took out Hakeemullah .

osmap111209.gif

1- Reports coming in that Taliban Shadow Governor Mowlvi Abdul Salaam , claimed dead by NDS has released an Audio message proving he is still alive .

2- Meanwhile Afghan regime appoint a new governor for kunduz as previous one (omar safi) escaped to Euope to claim asylum. But as the city is STILL under control of Taliban isnt he the shadow governor now?

3- Imam sahib district of Kunduz (north of kanduz city) fell to Taliban about an hour ago.

Just your lack of knowledge on basic geo-political issues regarding Pakistan and Afghanistan. Perhaps you are young?
If you are Pashtun, where is your province and what is your tribe?

Can you elaborate those basic issues that I have no knowledge of ?

Pakhton Yama Peera ;)

@A-Team Why ANSF And NDS acts like they can pick fight with everyone and can win and when the time comes to fight, they are the first one to fold

The main reason is because they have not accepted the Durand Line as a border and they want to capture large parts of Pakistani territory. For them to achieve such an objective they need world support against Pakistan, by projecting it as a terrorists state and arm and fun groups which could collapse the state machinery of Pakistan. Unfortunately they have been caught surprise since the Peshawar attack in how our security forces have virtually eliminated the TTP. Before their excuse was that we have not conducted operations in SW and NW, however this no longer applied and now they can only whine. I hate the Taliban, however the national interests of Pakistan and the policy of real politik dictates the conjecture that we must covertly support them, unless the Afghan Government gets its act together and does not allow India to use it's territory to destabilize Pakistan. I don't feel sorry for the Afghans because they are an ungrateful community who speak ill on Pakistan, yet take food from our tables and live in the sheltered homes we provide them.

Can you elaborate those basic issues that I have no knowledge of ?

Pakhton Yama Peera ;)

I don't speak Pashto. I don't understand the last word you wrote, but the first two I understand. What area is your family from and what is your tribe?

From the southern area using "k" instead of "s"?

Guys let's not turn it into afghan bashing thread because some afghans cheered badaberh attacks on twitter. We have to show restrain.

Not only did those ungrateful fools cheer on the attacks on Pakistan, they were also discussing how to annex FATA and KPK from Pakistan. Karma works in mysterious way and now their grandeur vision in capturing Pakistani territory can rest in peace, because they can't even hold there own land from the Taliban.

I know where you stand, you are making distinction between the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban, and then we have no middle ground to discuss. I am offering you a narrative whereby I make no distinctions between the two, I consider both of them as barbarian thugs which should have no future but you are considering Afghan Talis as an Afghan problem when their command and control are on your side of the border.

I think Pakistanis who make a distinction between TTP and Afghan Taliban are wrong. They and many afghans aswell have yet to realize that the good taliban and bad taliban policy ended a long time ago.
Afghans and Indians also often overestimate pakistan's influence over Haqqani network and other such groups.

1.If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy , why do they not accept pakistan's stance on durand line ? Infact they consider FATA as part of their Emirate.

2. If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy , why dont they declare jihad against ttp ,like they did against ISIS.They operate in the same provinces and yet never act against our enemy TTP.

3. If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy ,why did they not listen to Pakistan's envoy in 2001 , when musharraf asked them to hand over OBL?

Very simple :

I will target Fazlullah because he operates from the Afghan soil and I want you eliminate Mansoor because he operates from your soil. This works for you ?

No this does not work because in reality you would offer your transport and residence to Fazlullah and kill Mansoor at a critical time when we will be hoping to end this mess once and for all. This is how you have worked and this is how you still want to work.

Do more than emotional blackmailing, we are not the same Pakistanis of 1980's, it does not work on us any more ;). We have learnt to demand instead of greeting with open arms, if our enemy can be your friend then why not your enemy be our friend what is so wrong in that? You should have done more and you should do more otherwise their claim to capture Kabul seems realistic to me. And please what you foresee for your country is not applicable to us, our forces have gained ground in nearly every no go area, for the time being you need to prove if your forces can retake a city from your insurgents and terrorists.

I think Pakistanis who make a distinction between TTP and Afghan Taliban are wrong. They and many afghans aswell have yet to realize that the good taliban and bad taliban policy ended a long time ago.
Afghans and Indians also often overestimate pakistan's influence over Haqqani network and other such groups.

1.If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy , why do they not accept pakistan's stance on durand line ? Infact they consider FATA as part of their Emirate.

2. If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy , why dont they declare jihad against ttp ,like they did against ISIS.They operate in the same provinces and yet never act against our enemy TTP.

3. If Taliban ( afghan) are really a Pakistani proxy ,why did they not listen to Pakistan's envoy in 2001 , when musharraf asked them to hand over OBL?

1.They consider Afghanistan and Pakistan as their Emirate.

2.Tribes living on the border have family ties.

3. Nang

The taliban fighting in all the six districts.. The situation is getting serious and becomes worse as time passes by and every moment more questions on the ability and the tall claims of the afghan govt in combating and taking cobtrol of territories, will be raised and the taliban will showcase greater power and strength. Its bad enough that the fight has escalated into all the six districts of the province and the counter attack has fallen. The afghan govt, their army and the people need to create unity and rather than bashing Pakistan and pointing fingers at Pakistan they must try to bring the taliban on the table. Mullah akhtar Mansoor with this attack will also show that the taliban are strong and united........

The ANA must regroup quickly and mount a strong counter attack. They can't let this drag out as it will just get worse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom