What's new

Kiyani Demands US Limit Drone Attacks and Operations

^ I have always only been critical of Pak government, never it's civilians. Samewise I am not going to get fuming if a non-Afghan points out all those millions of negativities of our government, to which I have agreed most of the time infact. It's generalising words such as 'ungrateful, shameless, traitors', and etcetera which targets an entire nation and only then I continue with whatever argument existing. Blame our government all you want, our Afghans aren't devils or monsters and it's just stupid to see some members say things like 'I met an Afghan who said he hates Pakistan', or 'I met an Afghan who said Pakistan destroyed Afghanistan', or anything similar because I know they are lying. Being political is one thing, being personal is another which isn't supposed to have any room in PDF.

Ok brother, I lied :yahoo: (about the last post in this thread). But even you would have to admit that there are many Afghans that say Pakistan destroyed Afghanistan, some of them even in Pakistan. It is those Afghans Pakistanis get angry at. Peace brother.

The RD fiasco will continue to haunt Gen. Kiyani now ... the public interest isn't fading in this case (though RD has gone) . Even our house maid knows the name 'Raymond Davis ' ... its pretty much like 'Aafia Siddique' case ... one which continues to attract rallies n media attention . This case might be another nail in PMLN's coffin in next elections ...

General Shuja Pasha has come back.He was intended to stay for more time but came back earlier and gave clear warning to US that get your operatives out.It's all over US Media.They are bashing Pakistan Army now and spreading propaganda.

Is the US biting time while the public opinion in Pakistan and Afghanistan is at an all time low for US led forces ?
That public opinion is not going to change significantly for a very long time, barring some dramatic policy about-turns from the US that might be popular in Pakistan.

'Biding time' till public opinion shifts in the absence of any such policy changes by the US is pointless.

Wowww wonderful news, now finally the naive terrorists can live peacefully..
Or the US could transfer control and operations of the Drone attacks in Pakistan into Pakistani hands, with US officials present as observers and coordinators only.

The problem here is the US attitude of doing everything its way, even when operations are being conducted on Pakistani soil, and not sharing technology and intelligence with Pakistan.

If you are that concerned about 'terrorists and criminals getting away' then criticize the US attitude and policy of not transferring the drones to Pakistan.

Interesting that Kayani says stop and they stop.

Sort of puts paid to all the crap about the US infringing Pakistan’s soverenty if Pakistan could stop them any time they liked?
Makes some of the gutless worms you have in parliment that knew all along what the reality was yet bleated like sheep every time there was an attack oh its the bad Americans we cant do any thing.

They knew, they gave permission they, gave targets and now you have the proof of the reality all along, every drone strike had a big stamp on the hellfire Approved by the goverment of Pakistan.

Wikileaks has already established the complicity of Zardari and the PPP in the drone attacks:

WikiLeaks: Pakistan quietly approved drone attacks, U.S. special units - CNN.com

Wikileaks has already established the complicity of Zardari and the PPP in the drone attacks

So who is the U.S. supposed to listen to, the general or the government? Or do you think there will be another coup soon?

Declassified documents from National securtity archives-
Pakistan: "The Taliban's Godfather"?

Taliban captured power in afghanistan by murdering previous rulers and hanging them in lamp post-Yet pakistan was the first one to accept them as legitimate rulers of afghanistan.Pakistan continued their support to brutal taliban govt up until they got the heat from USA after 9-11
Though pakistan no longer support afghan taliban,we can still see former ISI chiefs/high ranking officials expressing their support to taleban.
According to Colonel Imam-the mentor of mullah umer(he stayed in afghanistan as guest of taleban until 2001)
Colonel Imam: ‘I have the Green Beret but the Taleban beret is better’ - Times Online
And according hamid gul,
"The US occupation of Afghanistan is “unjust”. The Afghan resistance(by taliban) against the occupiers is legitimate. It’s a national resistance. It should be recognized as such. They’re Mujahideen of Afghanistan as they were during the occupation of Afghanistan by the Soviet Union”."
Hamid Gul: Afghanistan war ‘lost cause’ | Rehmat's World

Are we talking about the past Taliban regime or the current situation?

The above does not establish any Pakistani government or military support for the Taliban in the present.

Why Shuja Pasha returned early from his visit to US?-

Or the US could transfer control and operations of the Drone attacks in Pakistan into Pakistani hands, with US officials present as observers and coordinators only.

The problem here is the US attitude of doing everything its way, even when operations are being conducted on Pakistani soil, and not sharing technology and intelligence with Pakistan.

If you are that concerned about 'terrorists and criminals getting away' then criticize the US attitude and policy of not transferring the drones to Pakistan.
Drone technology is not the only way to get them, it has restrictions, but the actual combat is most effective.
So either PA goes all out after them or let allied forces in.
Drone is no blessed weapon, that it alone can weed them out.
America is handicapped by not being able to go all out after them,Pakistan has no restrictions on its own territory.

Drone technology is not the only way to get them, it has restrictions, but the actual combat is most effective.
So either PA goes all out after them or let allied forces in.
Drone is no blessed weapon, that it alone can weed them out.
America is handicapped by not being able to go all out after them,Pakistan has no restrictions on its own territory.
All that is fine, but in the context of the current discussion it is irrelevant.

This thread is about Pakistan demanding an end/limitation on US drone strikes on Pakistani soil (and any other US military intelligence operations not approved by Pakistan), and your comment appeared to imply that Pakistani demands for an end to drone strikes would result in terrorists going free, hence my comment.

Lets face it Pakistan cant do much they signed the kerry lugal bill and they get aid from IMF too they are in this knee deep nothing will change

Back
Top Bottom