What's new

Khorramshahr multi warhead ballistic missile

two us official from pentagon says the missile tests failed (skip to 00:28)
the missile traveled over 600 miles before exploding, failed in reentry stage
I wish Hassan Tehrani would be still alive, it surely has huge impact on Irans missile advancement :(

Iran ..dont be fooled by the drama called UN, WMDs, Sanctions, Rouge State etc etc...the world was nvr a just place...Just detonate your N/W.

two us official from pentagon says the missile tests failed (skip to 00:28)
the missile traveled over 600 miles before exploding, failed in reentry stage
I wish Hassan Tehrani would be still alive, it surely has huge impact on Irans missile advancement :(

Brother. The failure of test of the missile that you heard from Fox News is at least two or three months old, I've seen this report. This rocket is now ready.

Iran reveals nuclear-capable missile

This is a new report

All those saying the Missile carries Multiple warheads, should also look at Missile's Width. which is not more than 1.5 meters tops.
How i calculated that?
A mercedez benz truck Rim is 22.5 inches in dia.
You can count pixel in the nearest rim of the truck to the section of missile you want to measure.
Now you know by measuring Pixel sin Rim dia, that how many pixels are 22.5 inches.

@Stryker1982 I think you're confused about terminology here.

MRV (also called MaRV) stands for Manoeuvring Reentey Vehicle. The key here is Manoeuvring. This means the warhead is seperated from the missile body and can be guided towards a target and can even make random manoeuvres (not dodge) in flight to confuse ABM. The Emad and Zolfaqar have an MRV. But the Shahab, Qiam, Ghadr, Scud etc. do not have MRVs, as the warhead remains attached to the missile, and don't have terminal guidance. The Fateh-110/313 have terminal guidance but the warhead does not seperate.

MIRV stands for Multiple Indepenently targetted Reentry Vehicles. This is the same game as the MRV, just there are multiple on 1 missile. For example, the SS-18 Satan has 10 MIRVs... all nuclear. It could have carried 40, but various treaties meant you could only carry 10 per missile. So it has 10 MIRVs and 30 decoys...

MIRVs are different submunition warheads. Those are basically cluster bombs mounted on missiles. Lots of tiny unguided bomblets.

@PeeD I think shahin is partially right. The Khorramshahr is too small to carry 3 large MIRVs - 650 kg as you say. Though I think it could carry 3 smaller MIRVs, more accurate. If used in a lofted trajectory, you've got 3 very accurate warheads coming down at very high speeds. Great for taking out Israeli/Saudi ABM.

The commander said the warheads are released after 1800 km. Just 200 km from the target. So I would presume, unlike the Zolfaqar, the warheads make a very steep dive toward the target.

There is no reason why it should not be able to carry 3 RVs space wise. Warheads are often larger because the interface diameter and CG/CP reasons. smaller warheads without wasted space are feasible here.

MRV is also an option, without a bus, this means they are not independently targetable and strike the same target. This increases ABM capability and destructive power of area targets.

There is no reason why it should not be able to carry 3 RVs space wise. Warheads are often larger because the interface diameter and CG/CP reasons. smaller warheads without wasted space are feasible here.

Sure, but 3x 650 kg MIRVs? Essentially 3 Emad warheads.

You would wonder how much space of that RV is empty, just take the 1 ton SCUD-B warhead as a hint with ~0,8m dia.

Good stuff finding the video.

Here's my "big question": What the heck is going on at 0:55 in the bottom right image?

We see just before that in the ground-level footage that the missile's exhaust trail seems to "jink" and then at 0:55 (likely a replay of what we just saw but from the 4 onboard cameras), see a large flow of the exhaust plume moving perpendicular to the missile body.

If it's thrust-vectoring of some sort (what I assume since the missile didn't explode immediately afterwards), is what we're seeming typical?

VIDEO (Longer)

Untitled.png

I saw 3 engines, what a beast

Good stuff finding the video.

Here's my "big question": What the heck is going on at 0:55 in the bottom right image?

We see just before that in the ground-level footage that the missile's exhaust trail seems to "jink" and then at 0:55 (likely a replay of what we just saw but from the 4 onboard cameras), see a large flow of the exhaust plume moving perpendicular to the missile body.

If it's thrust-vectoring of some sort (what I assume since the missile didn't explode immediately afterwards), is what we're seeming typical?

In Persian it's written : the moments of separation of warhead from the missile body .. the same in 0:37

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom