What's new

Khorramshahr multi warhead ballistic missile

Thats a fat *** missile and I like it :yahoo:

It seems its cold launch and tube is similar to NK´s Pukguksong-2

Im very curious how the Iranian TEL for this missile looks like
A Mercedes Benz truck, I think, cant handle the weight
Does Iran has a armored TEL similar to NK?
Its also not a coincidence Iran unveiled it today, just in time as Trump wants to scrap/redefine the nuclear deal.
just wait they have not showed solid propellant, you won't be disappointed

Its also not a coincidence Iran unveiled it today, just in time as Trump wants to scrap/redefine the nuclear deal.
This seems to be an empty missile carried by the benZ TEL which has carrying capacity of 30 tons. So this empty she'll must be less than 20 tis for the TEL this size and shape to erect it.
Once erected, it is filled with fuel by a tanker truck which is always part of the convoy.
I don't this this missile can carry multiple warhead because the nose cone is not elliptical.

Iran tested it in Jan 2017 while NK did in February 2017 .. means Pukguksong-2 is similar to Khoramshahr.. not vice versa ..

during today's armed forces parade, a new ballistic missile dubbed Khorramshaher with the range of 2000km was unveiled.

according to general Hajizadeh Khorramshar is more compact and tactical and can carry multiple warheads (1000kg in total) upto 1800km away. (means Israeli air defenses are officially f@cked up).
after the end of crew trainings, this missile will become operational.

1396063110231820211999624.jpg

1396063110210762311999594.jpg

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13960631000332

I think you quote wrong numbers here... The missile is said to have a range of 2000 km and can deliver a warhead of up to 1800 kg and it is an MRV tech with 3 independent warheads, finless, shorter comparing to other existing missiles.

This seems to be an empty missile carried by the benZ TEL which has carrying capacity of 30 tons. So this empty she'll must be less than 20 tis for the TEL this size and shape to erect it.
Once erected, it is filled with fuel by a tanker truck which is always part of the convoy.
I don't this this missile can carry multiple warhead because the nose cone is not elliptical.
images

getimage.dll

what missile is this?

the missile is cold launching missile and the TEL which is in images curring the Khorramshahr missile cannot launch this missile , you just need to look at rear of the missile for proof ,

what does that tell you ?? and guess what ? they said the magic number 2000KM range, but in realty ............., and they going to say it is conventional missile, because of UNSCR 2231

meaning the BS continues

Iran Sacred Defense Week 2017 ballistic missile parade Khorramshahr IRBM موشک بالستیک خرمشهر#

Iran DM Gen Dehqan:recent Khorramshahr missile test was"successful" سردار دهقان: آزمایش موفقیت‌ آمیز
وزیر دفاع: آزمایش موشکی اخیر "موفقیت‌آمیز" بود
وزیر دفاع، آزمایش موشکی اخیر کشورمان را موفقیت‌آمیز اعلام کرد.
سردار حسین دهقان وزیر دفاع و پشتیبانی نیروهای مسلح در گفت‌وگوی اختصاصی به خبرنگار دفاعی خبرگزاری تسنیم با اشاره به آزمایش موشکی اخیر کشورمان، گفت: این آزمایش موشکی موفقیت‌آمیز بوده است.
وی افزود: تست‌های موشکی ایران هیچ مغایرتی با برجام و قطعنامه 2231 نداشته و ندارد.
http://tn.ai/1315991
Iran Defense Minister brigadier General Hossein Dehqan: the recent Khorramshahr ballistic missile test was"successful"

ran's ballistic missile test successful: Defense minister
Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan says Iran’s recent ballistic missile test has been “successful.”

“This missile test was successful," the Iranian minister said as quoted by Tasnim News Agency, emphasizing that "Iran's missile tests are not, and have never been, in violation of the JCPOA (Iran's nuclear deal with six world powers) or [UN Security Council] Resolution 2231.”
Dehqan confirmed on Wednesday that the country had conducted a missile test within the framework of its defense program, saying the Islamic Republic does not allow any foreign meddling in its domestic defensive affairs.
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/02/508816/Irans-missile-test-was-successful-Defense-min

Iran Gen Dehqan: 3 ballistic missiles near future Khorramshahr long-range سرداردهقان:۳

the real cold launch Transporter erector launcher (TEL) tube

missile in tube satellite images

View attachment 426982View attachment 426981
The claimed Truck TEL in last sat photo is not a tube for missile... it is a fuel tanker... look at its shadow and compare it with the driving room shadow... If it is for missile test then it is probably the fuel tanker...

I think you quote wrong numbers here... The missile is said to have a range of 2000 km and can deliver a warhead of up to 1800 kg and it is an MRV tech with 3 independent warheads, finless, shorter comparing to other existing missiles.
That's what many websites have reported!
stupid reporter is the source of misinformation, he mixed everything and said the weight of 1 tone and 800 kilometer!
I will correct it after heard the direct interview with Hajizadeh.

images

getimage.dll

what missile is this?

The claimed Truck TEL in last sat photo is not a tube for missile... it is a fuel tanker... look at its shadow and compare it with the driving room shadow... If it is for missile test then it is probably the fuel tanker...
Ignore these drawings .
These are made by Indian fanboys to somehow show that their Agniis MIRV while it is not.
Look for other examples. All MIRV have elliptical warhead canopy.

The best case? This little monster:

Raketa_R_27U_s_kassetoy_golovnoy_chast_yu.jpg

With conic warheads due to reduced re-entry speeds (to retain higher terminal speed than tri-conic warheads and be more compact for the arrangement.

The 1800kg number sounds reasonable, if not more, it would make 3 x 600 kg warheads (bus not counted). The R-27 basis is strong enough for such a performance at 2000km range. Due to the increased length, the range performance is certainly above the 2400km (650kg warhead) of the R-27. If we assume 3000km with a 650kg warhead, it is possible that the payload is 1800kg @ 2000km.

From the looks it is that of the typical submunition warhead of Ghadr and Qiam. In worst case it is just a submunitions warhead, which would make it very destructive but an area attack weapon (very good too).
If they have mastered a bus stage (and the separating of the whole conic warhead indicates it), it could position the 3 unguided warheads on an accurate course to achieve something in range of 200m CEP if spin stabilized. A bus would also be ideal to place credible penetration aids into the trajectory.

I have always been a friend of liquid fuel missiles for conventional use. They can easily have a lifetime of 100 years if overhauled a little. Solids need a complete propellant replacement after 15-20 years at best 30.
So your weapon system investment becomes on the one side a very long term one and the high throw-weight gives you three missiles for one, making conventional usage sufficiently efficient (higher accuracy guidance costs pays off etc.). Delivering a payload to up to 2000km will remain a very basic, needed and important capability for the foreseeable future and beyond.

So I like the large diameter and short length of the Khorramshahr. I like the high throw-weight but short "designed" range for which structural changes are necessary. I also support the liquid nature of it due to cost-effectiveness as pointed out. I like that this system proves in a elegant way, that Iran has a reach beyond the self set 2000km, without going beyond 2000km.
Lets see if its a brute force unguided submunition system or a Bus'ed MIRV (and yes I think 3, 600kg full-conic warheads would fit there).

Are we expecting Khoramshahr to have MIRV or MRV capability. I'm curious about MRV technolgy, does that mean all warheads are going toward the same target? In terms of countering Anti-BM systems, the MRV has to make sure that one missile cannot take out all warheads so they need to be with sufficent distance apart when re-entering. How does this work. And additionally, do all 3 or more warheads land on the same target or can it be programmed for all warheads to land within say 50 meters of each other at various targets at say, an airbase.

Are we expecting Khoramshahr to have MIRV or MRV capability. I'm curious about MRV technolgy, does that mean all warheads are going toward the same target? In terms of countering Anti-BM systems, the MRV has to make sure that one missile cannot take out all warheads so they need to be with sufficent distance apart when re-entering. How does this work. And additionally, do all 3 or more warheads land on the same target or can it be programmed for all warheads to land within say 50 meters of each other at various targets at say, an airbase.
All warheads land in the same general area. Such as a large military base or airfield..

Welcomes into the class of these guys!:
Sahab-3
Sejjil-2
View attachment 426989

Co'mon test it officially, i wanna add it to my 2000 Km gallery

Ugly!
I want my khorram :taz:

What the hell ever happened to the Sejjil-2 anayways. It complete dissapeared never to be mentioned again. Sejjil was a great fully Iranian designed solid-fueled missile. It seems that our focus is not in solid fuel missiles, I beleive this is the only soild MRBM we've got and I'm still not even sure if it is in operation service. They never show it

All warheads land in the same general area. Such as a large military base or airfield..

Thanks

Ok, so its liquid fuel... likely it has the R-27's engine and 1,5m diameter.
Now we have to see what multiwarhead means, submunition, MRV or bus with MIRV.

I expected a large dia. 2000km range solid fuel with MRV. It surely needs to have high payload to present a significant capability increase over the Ghadr.

Was the Ghadr ever MRV? Its baby bottle warhead shape doesn't seem to be able to carry Multiple warheads. Mabye submunitions but its warhead doesn't look like the most optimal design for that considering the design optimizes speed, likely for single target strike no?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom