What's new

Khalistan, a Sikh homeland. A myth or reality?

Samurai_assassin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In recent times there have been growing numbers of support for a seperate Sikh homeland mainly by Sikhs who reside in UK, Canada, Australia & US. Even with the military contributions, business ownership and involvement in politics, Sikhs have failed miserably to get outside support for their cause, even after the 1984 assault on Harminder Sahib and Delhi anti Sikh riots. There are some voices within the Sikh diaspora population who claim the Indian state of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Pakistan Punjab & KPK are the rightful land areas belonging to the Sikhs as it was, as they claim under the control of Ranjit Singh and for the future state of Khalistan. Is this another 'Kurdistan' dilemma for South Asia? Should Pakistanis be concerned? @PAKISTANFOREVER

In recent times there have been growing numbers of support for a seperate Sikh homeland mainly by Sikhs who reside in UK, Canada, Australia & US. Even with the military contributions, business ownership and involvement in politics, Sikhs have failed miserably to get outside support for their cause, even after the 1984 assault on Harminder Sahib and Delhi anti Sikh riots. There are some voices within the Sikh diaspora population who claim the Indian state of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Pakistan Punjab & KPK are the rightful land areas belonging to the Sikhs as it was, as they claim under the control of Ranjit Singh and for the future state of Khalistan. Is this another 'Kurdistan' dilemma for South Asia? Should Pakistanis be concerned? @PAKISTANFOREVER

The sikhs committed an atrocity against us far worst than what the Nazis did to the jews. A million innocent Pakistanis massacred in less than a month by these savages. They will NEVER get their own nation as the indian army will eradicate them like they did in 1984. Also because sikhism and sikhs are now a dying, irrelevant, worthless and meaningless community on the world stage. Quite rightly so aswell.

The sikhs committed an atrocity against us far worst than what the Nazis did to the jews. A million innocent Pakistanis massacred in less than a month by these savages. They will NEVER get their own nation as the indian army will eradicate them like they did in 1984. Also because sikhism and sikhs are now a dying, irrelevant, worthless and meaningless community on the world stage. Quite rightly so aswell.
Still believe our people need to be become familiar with militery warefare. We need to look at our close ally Turkey and neighbour Iran for inspiration. Common citizens need to be ready and on standby to avoid another situation of what occurred in 1947.

During the time of independence struggle Sikhs could've easily demanded a third country for Sikhs carved out of the pre-Independence India. But they trusted the Hindus(Congress) too much and sided with them against the Muslims. With that they lost their chance. Now they are bound to live in this current India and deal with whatever comes their way, whether it's eternal peace and prosperity or things like the golden temple massacre. Any demand for an independent Sikh homeland(Khalistan) will be met by full force from the Indian Army(like in Kashmir). They essentially let the sacrifices of partition go to waste...that was the perfect chance. If they want independence now they will have to make immense sacrifices all over again.

Last edited:
there is no natural entitlement of any land. any land owned by someone was originally taken from someone else, probably violently.

The land Sikh want is quite clear based on the maps before partition:police:
Just like Jammu and Kashmir is for Kashmiri Pakistani
sikhland.jpg

Karachi walle owns Hydrabad and Mysor

I always find it strange how Indians always try to confuse the peaceful relations between Sikh and Pakistani community

khalisanmy.jpg

Sikh's in india should contact Pakistan High commission for Humanitarian support

Last edited:

The million people dying figure is for all the deaths of partition(Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs combined) not just Muslims alone. The amount of Muslims that were killed is about the same amount that Hindus and Sikhs were killed during this same time. Pretty much everyone is to be blamed for the partition violence. No one community can be held solely responsible for this tragedy.

You are living in the past and holding old grudges. It's been generations since 1947 you need to move on. The people who killed are either dead or dying due to old age. You can't hold a grudge against the new generations of Sikhs who had nothing to do with partition violence just as no Sikh should blame any Muslim for 1947 violence.

Why not live in the present and try to build a better future for all of us. That is what Sikhs are trying to do. That's why you see Sikhs helping Muslims in distress like the Rohingya Muslims.

Sikhs are also helping Muslim refugees in the middle east by feeding them in Syria/Iraq and in Europe:

Last edited:
The million people dying figure is for all the deaths of partition(Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs combined) not just Muslims alone. The amount of Muslims that were killed is about the same amount that Hindus and Sikhs were killed during this same time. Pretty much everyone is to be blamed for the partition violence. No one community can be held solely responsible for this tragedy.

You are living in the past and holding old grudges. It's been generations since 1947 you need to move on. The people who killed are either dead or dying due to old age. You can't hold a grudge against the new generations of Sikhs who had nothing to do with partition violence just as no Sikh should blame any Muslim for 1947 violence.

Why not live in the present and try to build a better future for all of us. That is what Sikhs are trying to do. That's why you see Sikhs helping Muslims in distress like the Rohingya Muslims.

Sikhs are also helping Muslim refugees in the middle east by feeding them in Syria/Iraq and in Europe:

Not attacking Sikh faith or their character. Pakistanis always welcome Sikh pilgrims with warm hearts full of respect and hospitality. Many of Sikh shrines are still present in Pakistan open for Sikhs to visit.

Last edited:
With in 5-10 yrs, sikhs in indian punjab will bcm minority too. Present Gen is mad about leaving their home land and getting green card of Kanneda or umreeka. No western nation is going to listen this bullshit of Khalistan.

During the time of indepence struggle Sikhs could've easily demanded a third country for Sikhs carved out of the pre-Independence India. But they trusted the Hindus(Congress) too much and sided with them against the Muslims. With that they lost their chance. Now they are bound to live in this current India and deal with whatever comes their way, whether it's eternal peace and prosperity or things like the golden temple massacre. Any demand for an independent Sikh homeland(Khalistan) will be met by full force from the Indian Army(like in Kashmir). They essentially let the sacrifices of partition go to waste...that was the perfect chance. If they want independence now they will have to make immense sacrifices all over again.
Conspiracy theories, the violence was as a result of partition. It wasn't in control of any party. Let alone congress.

Not even 10% of Sikh community support Khalistan. That's why the plan failed, and that's why the terrorists were neutralized. Khalistan was just an idea by a group of fringe elements and if they ever fight the Indian army, then they will have to deal with Sikhs which make up the most after Haryanvi's.

Also, recently, the heart land of Sikh, Punjab elected congress to rule their state. So much for Khalistan.

Conspiracy theories, the violence was as a result of partition. It wasn't in control of any party. Let alone congress.
What conspiracy theories? I never said that violence was in anyone's control or sponsored by Congress or anything like that. The violence stemmed from the same phenomenon as u see during a major disaster like a hurricane or earthquake. All order breaks down and ppl start robbing stores and what not. Similar thing happened during the partition...all order broke down in the chaos of ppl trying to find themselves on the right side of the border...and hatred sprung from the religious tensions that had arisen during the independence struggle. There were a whole lot of other factors involved as well and no single person, group or entity is to blame. The blame lies on all of us collectively(as humans). We could've acted in a civilized manner but we didn't...anyways that's a discussion for another time.

As for my post...read again what I said. I said that right now Sikhs have to deal with whatever circumstances they find themselves in India whether it's all rosy or oppression...if they want a country of their own then there will be a lot of bloodshed and that their best chance at a country of their own was during the independence struggle. Now tell me which one is the conspiracy theory?
Not even 10% of Sikh community support Khalistan. That's why the plan failed, and that's why the terrorists were neutralized. Khalistan was just an idea by a group of fringe elements and if they ever fight the Indian army, then they will have to deal with Sikhs which make up the most after Haryanvi's.

Also, recently, the heart land of Sikh, Punjab elected congress to rule their state. So much for Khalistan.
Again I never said that Khalistan is a widely popular independence movement. Nor did I argue in favor of it nor against it. I said that IF Sikhs wanted a homeland their best chance was during the independence struggle as compared to now.

Last edited:
Not attacking Sikh faith or their character. Pakistanis always welcome Sikh pilgrims with warm hearts full of respect and hospitality. Many of Sikh shrines are still present in Pakistan open for Sikhs to visit.
That's true. Every Sikh that goes to Pakistan has experienced warmth and respect from Pakistanis. I've heard this from many Yatris myself.

My comment was not towards you, it was directed towards the member PAKISTANFOREVER who I feel has a wrong understanding of the Sikhs community. No Sikh I have ever talked to feels happy or proud at the deaths of 1947. Everyone remembers that year with sadness and wishes it(the violence) had never happened. And I'm sure that's how the elders in Pakistan also feel towards the people who died in W Punjab.

Whatever happened is now behind us. If we keep opening old wounds, it will never heal

Last edited:
Getting country is once in a blue moon opportunity, Sikhs were in good books of British and could have get country for themselves if they wanted, but they decided to be in Hindustan. Now the probability of making Khalistan in Canada is higher than anywhere in South Asia. And not a single inch of Pakistan is going anywhere now, anyone going to sleep with this dream will wakeup with his rocket blownup in his own base.

Now we're acting like the Indians. :hitwall:Punjabis are just as Indian as Balochis are Pakistanis. I've met Indian sikhs personally and they love their country as much as any other Indians I've met.

Back
Top Bottom