What's new

Kerry defends sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
324428_14495175.jpg

WASHINGTON (Dunya News) – The US Secretary of State John Kerry while testifying to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday defended United States plans to sell F-16 jets to Pakistan.

Senator Bob Corker, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, sharply questioned US plans to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, questioning Pakistani actions he described as threatening US troops as they try to stabilize Afghanistan.

Responding to Senator Bob Corker remarks, John Kerry said that the issue is complicated and I understand your reservations about it.

John Kerry further said that Pakistan also has been an ally and its military has been deeply engaged in the fight against terrorism.

The US government on February 12 had approved the sale to Pakistan of up to eight F-16 fighter jets, radar and other equipment in a deal valued at $699 million.
Kerry defends sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan - Pakistan - Dunya News

Kerry defends sell of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
john-kerry-650x419.jpg

WASHINGTON (News Desk) – The United States Secretary of State John Kerry has defended the plan of Obama administration to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan.

Replying to questions in Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he said Pakistan is an important ally of the United States. John Kerry said Pakistan’s military is deeply engaged in the fight against terrorism.

He further added that improved defence capability of Pakistan is necessary for fight against terrorism.

Earlier the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency certified to the Congress that it is in America’s national interest to sell eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment to Pakistan.

India summoned US ambassador in New Delhi to its foreign office to record protest over United States’ announcement to sell another eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan.

Reacting to Indian reservations; the Pentagon Press Secretary Petro Cook, while addressing a news briefing, said that United States’ relationship with Pakistan and its ties with India were completely two separate matters. We don’t think this deal should concern India in any way, he said while referring to the F-16 deal with Pakistan.

To a question he said that deal has been agreed in the light of regional situation where Pakistan is combating terrorism and its defence capability needs to be enhanced accordingly.

WASHINGTON (News Desk) – The United States Secretary of State John Kerry has defended the plan of Obama administration to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan. Replying to questions in Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he said Pakistan is an important ally of the United States. John Kerry said Pakistan’s military is deeply engaged in the fight against terrorism. He further added that improved defence capability of Pakistan is necessary for fight against terrorism. Earlier the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency certified to the Congress that it is in America’s national interest to sell eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment to Pakistan. India summoned US ambassador in New Delhi to its foreign office to record protest over United States’ announcement to sell another eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan. Reacting to Indian reservations; the Pentagon Press Secretary Petro Cook, while addressing a news briefing, said that United States’ relationship with Pakistan and its ties with India were completely two separate matters. We don’t think this deal should concern India in any way, he said while referring to the F-16 deal with Pakistan. To a question he said that deal has been agreed in the light of regional situation where Pakistan is combating terrorism and its defence capability needs to be enhanced accordingly.

@Tipu7 @The Eagle @Windjammer

Wait and there will be bundle of pages regarding Kerry being biased, blind or even be called as enemy of civilization but the reality is, this is all about diplomacy and interests of the nation for both the countries so US has no problem with Pakistan in this category which should not be the concern for any third party etc as two independent nations are into business as per self interests.

Indians think that they only have the right to buy fighter jets from France, Russia or any other country including if American are giving them C130 or C17 or Civil Nuclear Deals....and if a neighboring country do they start feeling pain in their stomach.......

John Kerry said that the issue is complicated and I understand your reservations about it.
yes it is certainly going to become more complicated. Guess we need to wait for the next administration.

yes it is certainly going to become more complicated. Guess we need to wait for the next administration.
It was the samething that was said when bush was going and Obama was coming, when the new administration comes, USA forces will still be in afghanistan and they are not going anytime soon

If its cancelled so be it ,we already have plan B and plan C .Its just a matter of time as we really want to milk this other wise all our planners and leadership knows America is a done deal

This is how uncle Sam treats, use and than through them. Not too long ago Pakistan was a Non NATO ally.

And then what? What if the next president is less accommodating than the last? Or Congress gets more ornery? It seems Pakistan invites complications in its quest for F-16s when there are more viable options available.

Kerry is an example of how most Americans are friendly towards Pakistan.
Correction: used to be.. now its usually less than 30%.
The rednecks/republican folks hate us because its equated with Muslims, most who care about geopolitics hate us.. most who know about Pakistan think its a terrorist state and we come from a burka clad society; and this is in the Texas tri city area where you have a large population of Pakistanis all over.

Correction: used to be.. now its usually less than 30%.
The rednecks/republican folks hate us because its equated with Muslims, most who care about geopolitics hate us.. most who know about Pakistan think its a terrorist state and we come from a burka clad society; and this is in the Texas tri city area where you have a large population of Pakistanis all over.

I have few "White", "Blacks" and South American friends and they tell me their perception towards Pakistan is totally changed to positive after meeting me. And I promise I'm not making anything up.

So I think it's also the population of Pakistanis living inside the United States. Most Pakistanis in US are doing great as they focus on education and find advanced careers but still many are buried in stone age mentality which takes them no where. And no I'm not saying forget your culture, ethnicity, roots or religion but don't go extereme.

I agree with your post.

Back
Top Bottom