What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventhough I am a Keralite I am not aware of the topography of this particular area. Can Kerala build a new dam downstream without the approval from TN?

yes thats under Govt consideration ,one more option is by building canals and diverting water to cheruthoni or iduki dam

There is that stupid 999 year treaty which prevents us from doing that without consent.

Can't you just repeal it? What are the consequences? And how can something be decided for a freaking 1,000 years? :blink: This is after all for the people's lives we're talking here. What treaty is more important than lives? Scrap it off. If it was going to harm people of West Bengal and my state was positioned in place of TN, I would STILL go against my state's politicians' arrogance because for me states are only administrative provinces.

This has to either be dealt with fast or with force.

There is that stupid 999 year treaty which prevents us from doing that without consent.

999 ear treaty wont prevent new dam construction ...but environment ministry can (jayanthi natrajan -a tamil)

may be thats why Sinhalese hate them

Lol...you gotta wonder what's wrong when tamilians start staging demonstrations in protest of the death sentence handed to the rajiv gandhi murderers ( yes the goddamn prime minister of INDIA ).

Why?

Because the killers are tamils. FFS......

may be thats why Sinhalese hate them
bro lets not bring that in to topic........ it is some of the A hole vaiko kind of people bringing who fuel the issue just because of their ego..............

yes thats under Govt consideration ,one more option is by building canals and diverting water to cheruthoni or iduki dam

Declare state emergency & divert all Govt resources for this new dam and canals. No use waiting for TN and Central approval.

20 MPs of Kerala are a insignificant number including ruling parties. It isn't worth messing with Tamil politicians...you know they are some of the richest,influential..even if they live inside tihar jail. The most common way these caste/ethnicity based leaders in tamilnadu do is to point towards a target..this time they want to target Kerala(dam issue) and their media, every state mechanism works collectively in concentrating on adamant decision of not allowing the dam to decommission.

They don't mind killing 40lakhs people in their neighbouring states unless Centre intervenes. That is the Mentality. Here political equation or Congress Bashing or BjP glorification don't help. the Politicians of Kerala are really concerned. they can't do anything except Centre acting to decommission Mullaperiyar Dam.

999 ear treaty wont prevent new dam construction ...but environment ministry can (jayanthi natrajan -a tamil)

I hear there are clauses in the treaty as well. But i dont know enough to make concrete statements.

bro lets not bring that in to topic........ it is some of the A hole vaiko kind of people bringing who fuel the issue just because of their ego..............

Vaiko is only part of the problem. No matter its DMK or AIDMK in power in TN, they use all their Govt resources to derail Kerala's demand for new dam.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Screw her!!

Btw....if we start building canals and diversions. Tamilians can kiss their water good bye.

May be its not to every one's taste, but I think we should also play the religious card to get the job done. The districts that will be affected has a huge Christian population. May be we should bring Vatican in to force the center to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom