What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually during this time not only TN farmers , farmers in kerala as well and large portion of our agriculture that solely import from TN , so obviously peoples in kerala also suffer a lot....
but my question is it worth more than lives of 3.5 million people...?

and u r saying dam is very much stable , all the experts those who visited dam pointed out , situation of the dam is not stable...
if you think dam is stable please provide some solid technical proof from ur side ... then i will be the most happiest person

Hey Brother, if 3.5 million lives are at stake, will the Suprem Court take sides based on a old agreement, the Judicial system appointed good number of engineers to examin the dam and submit the report and based on that report only they have taken sides with the TN government.
if the dispute has to be solved, the politicians from both side should not ride on peoples backs and they sould come to reality and talk about constructing a dam with out disrupting the old dam and its canals and also the livelyhood of the people.
wowing to a international economic crisis, i don't think that now is the right time to construct the dam because of the expense that is about to befall on both the governments.

Just a small question to our Tamil brothers..:smokin:

WHY THIS KOLAVERI..KOLAVERI...DI..?
WHY THIS KOLAVERI towards mallus?:cheesy:
maama 'thanni' eduthuko
Dam-u puthiyathu kettiko
pa pa paan pa pa paan pa pa paa pa pa paan
sariya vaasi:chilli:

until the dam construction is over, will you support the lively hood of the TN farmers who depend on that dam of livelyhood.
the dam is quite stable, just don't comment based on possible earth quake which humans do not have the technology to predict.
if a earth quake happens there is no way even a brand new dam can withstand the force of the nature.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

i am not saying that the court is weak, but its contempt of court to publish something that is a case before a bench of judges.
don;t you see even the PM does not comment in favour of one party when the case is in court.
i pity your understanding of the judicial system

Wrong on many counts. The dam was built only with the intention of lasting 50 years, using lime, mortar and jaggery. The engineers who built it themselves have been on record saying this. It is currently 111 years old. The dam is NOT safe, and this has been declared by independent institutions like two IITs and IISc after multiple tests. Just because you say it is stable doesn't make it stable. Also, a major earthquake can demolish any dam, but here even a minor earthquake (a 6.0 on the richter scale) can cause complete collapse and ensuing havoc. This is a ticking water bomb. And several mild tremors have occured in this area previously. What we need to do is build one that can withstand much stronger quakes.
The livelihood of farmers in TN is important, but not at the cost of holding 3.5 million keralites hostage. Also, maybe they should learn not to depend on water from a river that actually originates and flows only in kerala. The money they pay to kerala for the water is a pittance compared to what they pay to Andhra for a similar quantity of water (40K rupees v/s 1 crore rupees for the same amount). Kerala has said that it is willing to bear the expense of constructing a new dam, and that it will continue to provide TN with water after that. That's really case closed.

Just a small question to our Tamil brothers..:smokin:

WHY THIS KOLAVERI..KOLAVERI...DI..?
WHY THIS KOLAVERI towards mallus?:cheesy:
maama 'thanni' eduthuko
Dam-u puthiyathu kettiko
pa pa paan pa pa paan pa pa paa pa pa paan
sariya vaasi:chilli:

Some of my tamil friends love that song, SINGLE WORST SONG EVER DUDE

it is a serious issue. Nothing apart from a New Dam that too away from Idukki, 2nd largest Dam in India. The MOST Developed Region of Kerala(Cochin-Kottayam-Thrissur) lies West to the Idukki District that contains this time bomb called mullaperiyar dam. the Geography of Kerala is Coastal-Midland-Hills. We Keralites Don't want this Dam anymore.

We have the privilage of understanding Tamil psyche and How they can be emotionally motivated easily by the Tamil nationalists like vaiko and such regionalist beasts. Karnataka and Tamilnadu have issues pending on water from Kaveri too.

It is not like All water in neighbouring states are meant for tamilnadu. Kerala is very very generous to give the water from the dams without even charging the nominal fee. neither we are brainwashed. It is not so easy.

The pseudo-dravida politics in tamilnadu bets on this dam issue. the poor people in south tamilnadu are easy prey to this political beasts. it is not the other way.
this should be solved amicably. dismantle mullaperiyar and aforestation must be done on that region. build new dam farther from idukki dam.

it is banned because you can not make a movie that might interven with the judgement of a case that is in the court.
that is called contempt of court.

When did courts started giving judgemets based on movies?:what:

Court has been terribly slow on this issue that can affect lives of 35 lakh people.

Already cracks and leaks have appeared after the tremors last week.

The river originates and flows entirely inside Kerala.

The deal is a pre independence one and is a weird one.

392679_182262745198093_100002431052417_356634_1325301401_n.jpg

393327_2341100005088_1177574746_2081195_1930623277_n.jpg

320621_2237792180299_1112825054_31980683_790761963_n.jpg

378941_324166137596869_100000104556091_1479465_682579929_n.jpg

This time around the retarded vaiko or any other similar ones wont be able to flame this issue for vote bank.

When did courts started giving judgemets based on movies?:what:

Court has been terribly slow on this issue that can affect lives of 35 lakh people.

Already cracks and leaks have appeared after the tremors last week.

The river originates and flows entirely inside Kerala.

The deal is a pre independence one and is a weird one.
so you say as the deal is pre-independence, that you will not give water for us? hun.
I can not talk about the consequence of such measures if Karlites are planning to take against Tamilians.

kindly understand the meaning of "contemp of court" before you talk about that movie.
anything that is in the bench of a court can not be commented by any individual or group that is the law

so you say as the deal is pre-independence, that you will not give water for us? hun.
I can not talk about the consequence of such measures if Karlites are planning to take against Tamilians.

Yup the deal was between the old kingdom and the old colonialist British.

As i said earlier it originates ad flows completly inside Kerala.

Is it good manners to ask for other's property? Isnt that shameful?

And what consequence other than losing lives of 30 lakhs?

and kindly for Gods sake lets not talk about our states problems in PDF, its like we are exposing our weakness in a rivals forum where there are trolls to highlit the issue of non-unity among Indians in the forcomming threads

Yup the deal was between the old kingdom and the old colonialist British.

As i said earlier it originates ad flows completly inside Kerala.

Is it good manners to ask for other's property? Isnt that shameful?

And what consequence other than losing lives of 30 lakhs?
this is the reason why rivers should be nationalized, you'll let the water flow to the sea but are not ready to share the resources to the state that sends to most of the essential commodities day in and out,
after all this is a dispute of the state government, let the elected leaders do what is necessary, lets not jump guns and start find the difference between us.
I hope you understand

and kindly for Gods sake lets not talk about our states problems in PDF, its like we are exposing our weakness in a rivals forum where there are trolls to highlit the issue of non-unity among Indians in the forcomming threads

Its not weaknesses its a real issue.

And talks inside pdf has 0 effects on geopolitics.

Yup trolls and rants.

Isnt this place already a glorified rant delivery mechanism for the disturbed youth.

So what difference can it make.

Anyway as u said i am more comfortable in talking these in "INDIAN forums" as this is a regional issue.

Thats why i didnt open the thread in here, while I opened one in the other forum.

any way it takes two to tango, and I am out of here, and I request the other Tamilians to back off from this thread.
Let the Karliets do the tango.

this is the reason why rivers should be nationalized, you'll let the water flow to the sea but are not ready to share the resources to the state that sends to most of the essential commodities day in and out,
after all this is a dispute of the state government, let the elected leaders do what is necessary, lets not jump guns and start find the difference between us.
I hope you understand

We are ready for nationalisation. :tup: Let all prehistoric deals be nullified.

Let some committee decide on whom the water belongs on basis of geographics and how much.

You wont be liking the results as of now almost all water apart from the overflown spillage during monsoons are given to TN.

kindly understand the meaning of "contemp of court" before you talk about that movie.
anything that is in the bench of a court can not be commented by any individual or group that is the law

Kerala didn't say it won't give water to tamil nadu. It said the existing dam is a big hazard that can cost the lives of millions, and so a new structure has to be built. Numerous studies by professional bodies have confirmed this, as i said before. And not because the agreement was pre independence.

Also, please stop making stuff up. Could you tell me which part of the law states what you said it states? Which section of Indian law? Youc can't make up statements like that out of thin air and say thats the law. There is something called freedom of speech in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom