What's new

‘Kashmiris are thieves’ - Faroor Abdullah

I don't use such language. I and @Armstrong know each other quite well. That is why, I used that word. Had any other member quoted me in this thread, I wouldn't have visited it. I'll try and make sure, I won't use it in such threads. :D

You may not.. certain other members might.

You may not.. certain other members might.

I learn't that term from Pakistan member - American Pakistani, as he uses it in all his posts on Kashmir. Mitti Paaoo!! :enjoy: :wave:

But its a completely human construct is it not ?

Take the Pukhtoons for example - They have a History that goes back maybe 5000 years - Okay so what were they before that ? :unsure:

Because the Homo Sapien has been here for a lot longer than that which means somewhere along the way the Pukhtoons like every other 'ethnic group' out there was born out of some other preceding ethnic group & if this is true & Anthropology teaches us that it is than what is to say who is or who isn't an 'original' Pukhtoon & not ? As a matter of fact who is to say who is a Pukhtoon at all ?

Similarly the Customs, Traditions, Language, Life-Style & Philosophy etc. are all human constructs which essentially means 'we made them up' & if we did make them up (which we did) what is to stop us from making them up once more ? So how can anyone say that XYZ is Pukhtoon Culture or ABC isn't Pukhtoon Culture or more so in a real-life example how can a Pashto speaking Pukhtoon say to a Hindko or Farsi or Saraiki speaking Pukhtoon that hes more 'Pukhtoon' than the others or they that that they are more 'Pukhtoon' than a Pashto speaking Pukhtoon when Pashto itself is a language which like every other language in the world was created out of some preceding languages !

Likewise even Cultures, Customs, Traditions, Languages etc. aren't static - They are ever-evolving & if they are (which they are) than what would follow is that if 'originality' is to be determined than where in those 5000 years do we make a cut-off point that before that the Pukhtoon Culture & Language etc. was more 'Pure' or more 'Original' than after it ? Because even when it comes to today's Pukhtoons there is a marked difference between a Pukhtoon of a Settled Area & a Pukhtoon of a Tribal Area & like wise between a Pukhtoon of Punjab & a Pukhtoon from the Farsi-speaking areas of Afghanistan - Who is original & who isn't when :

(a) we - the People - created the culture & the language to begin with !

(b) we - the People - continue to add & subtract to it making it an ever evolving thing !

Now do you see the intellectual absurdity of this 'ethno-linguistic' nationalism that some nasal-parast & qaum-parasts prescribe too ? :lol:

And this applies for ALL ethnicities & ALL cultures - Pukhtoons, Punjabis, Chinese, Germans, Korean etc.

P.S I didn't even touch on the Biological basis for any of this either because if the human race did indeed start from Africa or Sri Lanka as is often postulated - The Nasal Parasti & the Qaum Parasti sounds even more absurd ! :D
In your answer lies my answer already
It was indeed us who created everything , it is these things that we created that make us unique , otherwise going by biology homo sapiens originated from the same basic stock so what makes us all different then?
It is all the things i mentioned which in the end together we shape as our ethnicity. Since your gave the Pukhtoon example lets elaborate further on that.
Let's take the Ghilzai's who did you know were actually turks who were later pashtunized??Today they are among the most nationalistic Pakhtoons?
No sane man would tell them they are not Real Pakhtuns but Turks unless he wants a thrashing. So is it not the things that we created that make up our ethnic makeup. And yes you're right they are not static but keep on changing for example a new custom maybe taken from some other culture and may become a part of this culture but that does not mean it negates the older customs but it mixes and assimilates and hence the culture grows8-)8-).
I really don't get this Nasl Parast and the other term(i suck at urdu :D)
btw was just teasing you nothing serious , As long as your a good Earthling you're cool in my books:-)
Aliens are nice as well but extremely rude,they never even Hi:p::p:

In your answer lies my answer already
It was indeed us who created everything , it is these things that we created that make us unique , otherwise going by biology homo sapiens originated from the same basic stock so what makes us all different then?
It is all the things i mentioned which in the end together we shape as our ethnicity. Since your gave the Pukhtoon example lets elaborate further on that.
Let's take the Ghilzai's who did you know were actually turks who were later pashtunized??Today they are among the most nationalistic Pakhtoons?
No sane man would tell them they are not Real Pakhtuns but Turks unless he wants a thrashing. So is it not the things that we created that make up our ethnic makeup. And yes you're right they are not static but keep on changing for example a new custom maybe taken from some other culture and may become a part of this culture but that does not mean it negates the older customs but it mixes and assimilates and hence the culture grows8-)8-).
I really don't get this Nasl Parast and the other term(i suck at urdu :D)
btw was just teasing you nothing serious , As long as your a good Earthling you're cool in my books:-)
Aliens are nice as well but extremely rude,they never even Hi:p::p:

I know about the Ghilzais ! :agree:

Thats what I'm saying these things are an artificial construct but then again so is everything else ! :)

Nasal Parast means 'Ethno-Nationalists' !

I know about the Ghilzais ! :agree:

Thats what I'm saying these things are an artificial construct but then again so is everything else ! :)

Nasal Parast means 'Ethno-Nationalists' !
Ahh Ethno-nationalism, well that's a dangerous topic but as i see Pakistan does not have that problems as it was not named after a particular ethnicity or that it represents a particular one.
Although at times it is a necessary evil . Don't really want to name a country but you know what I am referring to.

Of course I wasn't born in Indian Occupied Kashmir or Azad Jammu & Kashmir but my blood didn't turn to something else when my ancestors crossed over the lines separating them from the rest of South Asia ! :lol:

I can speak 3 of the Kashmiri Languages with varying degree - Pahari, Hindko & Urdu ! :)

Pahari is spoken in Indian Occupied Kashmir too ! :p:

Hindko is spoken in Azad Kashmir ! :P

Whereas Urdu is the Official/State Language of both Indian Occupied Kashmir & Azad Kashmir ! :bunny:

Aur waisee bhii since when has 'language' been a substitute for blood ? Because by that logic if a Punjabi were to be born in KPK & learns how to speak Pashto he'd suddenly become a Pashtun ! :sarcastic:

Bro you are fake Kashmiri :haha: I mean Hindko and Pahari being kashmiri languages? These are punjabi dialects.

on topic, well there is very simply solution for Kashmiris to stop being burden on innocent hindus. Millions of poor hindus can be saved from starving if India stop wasting money in Kashmir. Yep give back IOK to land of pure.

abdullah senior is famous for his antics and colorful words... nobody takes offence certainly not kashmiris...
btw the guy is considered as corrupt as any other politician.. but kashmiris generally like him :p:

They imitating their central govt ministers.these ministers lead India.So people also follow that path.

or otherwise "Embranalpam kattubhuchichal ambalavasikolakke kakkum"
alliyo @kurup
Am I right?

Yep , you are right . I never knew there was such a proverb .

Bro you are fake Kashmiri :haha: I mean Hindko and Pahari being kashmiri languages? These are punjabi dialects.

on topic, well there is very simply solution for Kashmiris to stop being burden on innocent hindus. Millions of poor hindus can be saved from starving if India stop wasting money in Kashmir. Yep give back IOK to land of pure.

Azad Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you will control the freedom of the people and will deploy 0.7 to 1 million army and you will kill their generation and they will not be allowed to raise their voices and they will be starving for jobs and hunger......definitely peoples will get alternate ways by cheat and robberies to fulfill their needs...................Also don't forget Indian army is also corrupting Kashmiri politicians by giving them money to get vote on their site.

He remains one of the most hated leader today. Super elitist. :hitwall: We steal the least. Even now you can keep your doors open and go about your business. But corruption is rising. :(
@Armstrong - Yer needed :devil:

Back
Top Bottom