ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
‘Kashmir Theme Anthem’ to feature Ali Azmat, Umair Jaswal

By Web Desk
October 15, 2016 21:15

Related Articles

KARACHI: In solidarity with people of occupied Jammu & Kashmir and to highlight plight of Kashmiris a ‘Kashmir Theme Anthem Song’ will be produced and launched in next 10 days. This will visualize atrocities of Indian forces in held Kashmir.

This song will feature renowned singers Umair Jaswal, Ali Azmat, Alicia Dice, musician Waqar Ali and lyrics by Sabir Zafar. Song will be produced and release by IQ Genius Media Production.

This was announced jointly by Project Director IQ Genius Media Production Umer Ahsan and Umair Jaswal along with Faisal Riaz Malik during a press briefing held here on Saturday at Karachi Press Club.
Umair1.jpg

Speaking to journalists, Umer Ahsan said that Indian forces are violating human rights in Kashmir since several decades and humiliating residents. “India has practically converted occupied Kashmir into the biggest prison of the world. In last few months, thousands of innocent Kashmiris are martyred and severely injured during atrocities by Indian forces. India has also made lives of Christians, Sikhs and other minorities miserable,” he lamented.

He said by releasing this song, we want to express solidarity and highlight miseries of Kashmiri people not only in Pakistan but to the world as well.
“In the first phase of this campaign, this song will be released followed by more such initiatives. We will not leave any stone unturned in support of Kashmiris to get their rights. Small part of song will be in Hindi language too to realize Indian citizen about their government and forces brutalities,” he told.

He demanded United Nations (UN) should get its resolutions implemented and save its credibility. Which court of the world cannot decide a case for 70 years? This is happening with Kashmiris, he criticized.
Umair2.jpg

Umer Ahsan said known stars like Ali Azmat will also be part of this song and we will welcome other artists, singers and actors willing to join us.

Speaking about the project, Umair Jaswal expressed his full support for Kashmiri people and said all artists of Pakistan should stand by them in the struggle of their rights.

“A large number of Indian fans started to unlike my facebook page when I updated my status about occupied Kashmir but I don’t care of it and will stand by Kashmir. We also want to tell Indian citizen that people of occupied Kashmir cannot be labeled as terrorists and their voice cannot be suppressed anymore,” he warned.
Umair3.jpg

Pakistani stars wishing to get respect in India should rethink about it and stand by Kashmiris. They should think of Pakistan, their motherland who blessed them with respect, love and fame, he argued.
http://arynews.tv/en/kashmir-theme-anthem-feature-ali-azmat-umair-jaswal/
@The Sandman @Moonlight @django @Mugwop @Chauvinist @krash @WAJsal @waz @Arsalan
I think awareness campaign by our artists for highlighting attrocities by the state of India against Kashmiris should be appreciated

Excellent!!
The Kashmir cause must be given as much lime light as possible. Furthermore since this do not involves violence so i am sure the Indians and the West wont have any objections either.

Good Move.

I will love to see a movie or two and a proper TV Drama serial on this issue. I remember the heart touching serials we used to have in my Childhood days. Time to bring that up again.

Most of our artists are not talking about Kashmir: Umair Jaswal
By Rahul Aijaz
Published: October 18, 2016
7037SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
Jaswal feels it is the duty of an artist to get involved with political issues. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: From the public to the governments to even the artist fraternity in India and Pakistan, it would be unfair to say that the ongoing tensions have not affected anyone. While Indian artists have been vocal about the situation, some Pakistani artists, such as Ali Gul Pir in recent weeks, have turned to music to voice their opinions. Rock star Umair Jaswal has followed suit.

However, rather than commenting on the Indo-Pak tension, the former Qayaas front member has chosen to keep his focus on the Kashmir issue. “While we sit behind our keyboards and talk about going to war with each other, there are people dying in Kashmir. We have been ignoring what happens to Kashmir in the middle of our war,” Jaswal told The Express Tribune.

While Jaswal serves as the vocalist, Waqar Ali has composed the song and Sabir Zafar has penned the lyrics. Guitarist Faraz Anwar is also on board with the project.

Umair-Jaswal.jpg

The singer talked about how Kashmir has been a complete wreck since freedom fighter Burhan Wani’s death earlier this year. “The situation after his death has been the worse in years. He was killed by the Indian army because of his high social media activity as he posted photos and videos of atrocities. It’s time we put the focus back on Kashmir.”

Jaswal feels it is the duty of an artist to get involved with political issues. “See, a lot of Indian artists have been vocal. And then back in the day, Michael Jackson also made a song They Don’t Care About Uscommenting on society and politics,” added Jaswal. “I think it’s not an artist’s job to suggest policies but it’s an artist’s duty to comment on what’s happening and voice their opinions. I see that most of our artists are not talking about Kashmir, whether out of fear or anything else, I don’t know. It’s only Hamza Ali Abbasi who has been vocal about it and I fully support him.”

While the song is not anti-India, it is a reflection on the humanitarian crisis of Kashmir. “It should be noted that the song is not anti-India. We have a humanitarian issue going on in Kashmir and we need to talk about it,” stated Jaswal.

Talking further, the Sammi Meri Waar singer shared an incident that recently happened with him. “I shared a picture of my official page standing in support of Kashmiris. Soon after, my publicist called me and asked what I had done. I said nothing. I came to know that hundreds of my Indian fans had unliked the page because of this picture. It’s really sad because people on both sides have been brainwashed. You can’t say millions of people on either side are terrorists. As artists, we don’t want war. With this song, we are hoping to say that.”

Jaswal has not thought of a name for the song yet. “We have not decided the title yet but we are calling it Kashmir Anthem as of now. We want it to be the international anthem of humanity,” mentioned Jaswal.

The single will be released in two weeks and its video will follow soon after. “We are approaching the best film-makers for this video as this issue is very important and we want to present it the right way.”

Published in The Express Tribune, October 19th, 2016.
@django @The Sandman @mooblight @Chauvinist @Mugwop @Jonah Arthur
Shaan started a trend :enjoy:

Most of our artists are not talking about Kashmir: Umair Jaswal
By Rahul Aijaz
Published: October 18, 2016
7037SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
Jaswal feels it is the duty of an artist to get involved with political issues. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: From the public to the governments to even the artist fraternity in India and Pakistan, it would be unfair to say that the ongoing tensions have not affected anyone. While Indian artists have been vocal about the situation, some Pakistani artists, such as Ali Gul Pir in recent weeks, have turned to music to voice their opinions. Rock star Umair Jaswal has followed suit.

However, rather than commenting on the Indo-Pak tension, the former Qayaas front member has chosen to keep his focus on the Kashmir issue. “While we sit behind our keyboards and talk about going to war with each other, there are people dying in Kashmir. We have been ignoring what happens to Kashmir in the middle of our war,” Jaswal told The Express Tribune.

While Jaswal serves as the vocalist, Waqar Ali has composed the song and Sabir Zafar has penned the lyrics. Guitarist Faraz Anwar is also on board with the project.

Umair-Jaswal.jpg

The singer talked about how Kashmir has been a complete wreck since freedom fighter Burhan Wani’s death earlier this year. “The situation after his death has been the worse in years. He was killed by the Indian army because of his high social media activity as he posted photos and videos of atrocities. It’s time we put the focus back on Kashmir.”

Jaswal feels it is the duty of an artist to get involved with political issues. “See, a lot of Indian artists have been vocal. And then back in the day, Michael Jackson also made a song They Don’t Care About Uscommenting on society and politics,” added Jaswal. “I think it’s not an artist’s job to suggest policies but it’s an artist’s duty to comment on what’s happening and voice their opinions. I see that most of our artists are not talking about Kashmir, whether out of fear or anything else, I don’t know. It’s only Hamza Ali Abbasi who has been vocal about it and I fully support him.”

While the song is not anti-India, it is a reflection on the humanitarian crisis of Kashmir. “It should be noted that the song is not anti-India. We have a humanitarian issue going on in Kashmir and we need to talk about it,” stated Jaswal.

Talking further, the Sammi Meri Waar singer shared an incident that recently happened with him. “I shared a picture of my official page standing in support of Kashmiris. Soon after, my publicist called me and asked what I had done. I said nothing. I came to know that hundreds of my Indian fans had unliked the page because of this picture. It’s really sad because people on both sides have been brainwashed. You can’t say millions of people on either side are terrorists. As artists, we don’t want war. With this song, we are hoping to say that.”

Jaswal has not thought of a name for the song yet. “We have not decided the title yet but we are calling it Kashmir Anthem as of now. We want it to be the international anthem of humanity,” mentioned Jaswal.

The single will be released in two weeks and its video will follow soon after. “We are approaching the best film-makers for this video as this issue is very important and we want to present it the right way.”

Published in The Express Tribune, October 19th, 2016.
@django @The Sandman @mooblight @Chauvinist @Mugwop @Jonah Arthur
Shaan started a trend :enjoy:
Because they think they may have a chance in Bollyhood.Kudos

Back
Top Bottom