What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Article 370 granting special status to Kashmir should be removed.
Within 2 years the foreign funded insurgency in Kashmir will be in its death bed.

i believe this will stop local support for mujahids.If everyone has a job no one will want to go on road to pelt stones....For development roads should be built using only local labour..or else give them contracts for development...

Completely agree...remove Article 370...
That will lead to a lot of businesses also setting up shop in the valley..

the idea is to give create jobs for local population...other factors like cheap loans for small businesses,govt contracts for constructing roads,bridges n houses,giving the kashmiris jobs in defence,paramilitary and police services so that they can guard kashmir like there backyard and people will also be content with the fact that kashmir is being protected by kashmiris

Remove article 370, bring economic prosperity and impose uniform civil code of india.

the best way to fight insurgency in Kashmir ... Allow the Kashmiris to exercise their right to self-determination as agreed to in the UNSC resolutions.

The same UNSC resolutions that Pakistan refused to honor.

It has been discussed thread bare in discussions between Toxic and I, Pakistan did not violate the UNSC resolutions.

Please read through them and offer some new arguments supporting your POV or negating mine instead of just repeating your premise, which I believe has been shown to be false.

I think its a great move. More corporates need to start investing Kashmir. On my last visit to Kashmir, I spoke to lot of people on the street and the major grievance was the lack of job opportunities. there are govt jobs available but there is a dearth of corporate jobs. Tourism still remains the cash cow.

Hope Aegis has set a new precedent and lot more will join this bandwagon.

More jobs mean less people unemployed to be brain washed to become terrorists......so kill the root cause....Give them jobs......give them money...and a better life....and the terrorism will die out just like it did In Punjab.....no more fresh recruits for so called Jihadi groups....

the best way to fight insurgency in Kashmir ... Allow the Kashmiris to exercise their right to self-determination as agreed to in the UNSC resolutions.
you better know that thing is not going to happen:thinktank:

insurgency ends when local support diminishes , it becomes terrorism than.

it was a time when Kashmir wanted to be with Pakistan..........but now they dont want to part of pakistan or India .

sooner or later.............they will accept India.:coffee:

you better know that thing is not going to happen:thinktank:

insurgency ends when local support diminishes , it becomes terrorism than.

it was a time when Kashmir wanted to be with Pakistan..........but now they dont want to part of pakistan or India .

sooner or later.............they will accept India.:coffee:

How sooner after a century or two? By the way you do accept that they don't want to live with you at present.

:azn:

Rising Kashmir, - BJP praises Kashmir Muslims
Says love not bullets will solve all issues

Jammu, May 04: Praising Kashmiri Muslims for upholding the age-old tradition of secularism during turmoil, Bharatiya Janata Party Tuesday said love not bullets will solve the issues.

“During my first visit to Srinagar after assuming the office of party spokesman I found the common Kashmiris peace loving, wanting to have a prosperous and harmonious future, specially the youth of the valley,” BJP’s national spokesperson Tarun Vijay said.

Stating that he has brought good wishes and prayers for happy times for people of Kashmir on behalf of party, he said, “It’s time for a New Kashmir led by the youth to rise leading into the era of peace, prosperity and progress. The wise, brilliant, futuristic path is at a stone’s throw away spreading its arms that ensure liberalism and happiness. We must lend an ear and guide them for the future. Their anger should be channelized into employment avenues. Our Party President Nitin Gadkari has given a special message of goodwill for the youth of Kashmir wishing them happiness and a peaceful time ahead that must make every Indian proud.”

“I would also like to salute the Kashmiri mothers who painstakingly tried and succeeded to a great extent keeping away their children from terrorism and destructive activities. Their heart and soul witnessed mayhem upsetting the real spirit of a composite culture of Kashmiriyat and they have stood firmly for saner and civilized values. Let’s walk together. I invite the youth and the women power to join BJP and create progressive entrepreneurship in the region of science, technology and protection of the environment that can become an example for the rest of India,” Tarun said.

Maintaining that nothing can surpass the humanitarian values of the Kashmiri society, he said, “We believe that solutions to all issues can be found through path of Insaniyat and not through bullets.”

He said number of incidents have been noticed in Kashmir when the local Muslims have courageously stood with Kashmiri Hindus and helped them. “A large number of them want Hindus to return and also support those who have stayed back. It’s a welcome sign that must get the national attention and accelerate the creation of a situation where all Hindus feel safe to return. One example, amongst many I heard is of Fateh Kadal, where a Shri Rama Shaiv Ashram was rebuilt by the active help from local Muslim friends. I wish such examples are highlighted by media also,” he added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom