What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
@Forrest Griffin

Can I ask you a question? How old are you exactly?

I ask this because you are showing a complete lack of intelligence and understanding on the topic. You say things like 'No Kashmiri wants to be a part of India' which are very easy to refute in logical debates. You are basing your entire posts on your perception.

Well let me tell you my perception. My boss is a Kashmiri. Her husband was the Vice-Chancellor in Kashmir University. Their opinion on the Kashmiri mindset is that Kashmiris have a lot of mistrust. They do not trust India. They do not trust Pakistan. They do not even trust people from Jammu. They trust only Kashmiris, be it Muslim or Hindu.

A Kashmiri Pandit considers Kashmiri musalmaan his brother. He does not want to associated with non-kashmiri people and eyes them with suspicion.

Similarly, a Kashmiri Musalman considers kashmiri pandit his brother. He does not want to associated with Pakistanis and eyes them with suspicion.

your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir.

Goodbye you "old mature person" ...what a joke.:disagree:

Kashmir's fate resides in Kashmir's decision. Not some people who have absolutely nothing in common with them yet claim that its an 'integral part.'

And if India is so 'democratic' then go ahead and put up a 'democratic' vote of Kashmirs fate. We'll see if 'nothing will change.'

The 1st PRIME MINISTER of INDIA was a KASHMIRI(nehru).He was our PM for 28 years. any ways.......and you are claiming we have nothing in common with the kashmiris?

your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir.

Goodbye you "old mature person" ...what a joke.:disagree:

Oh yes, a kashmiri's opinion is irrelevant. But an american's opinion is relevant?

Allright. Since you do not respond to logic, let me try to talk in your language.

You said "your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir. "

So, Kashmiri opinion is irrelevant in J&K. Kashmiris are in the minority in J&K. Go cry in front of someone who cares.:lol::lol::taz::taz:

Oh yes, a kashmiri's opinion is irrelevant. But an american's opinion is relevant?

Allright. Since you do not respond to logic, let me try to talk in your language.

You said "your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir. "

So, Kashmiri opinion is irrelevant in J&K. Kashmiris are in the minority in J&K. Go cry in front of someone who cares.:lol::lol::taz::taz:

Don't get mad and bang your head against your computer. :disagree: Just accept the fact Kashmiris hate india as do most everybody when they first meet an indian in person. :sick:

Don't get mad and bang your head against your computer. :disagree: Just accept the fact Kashmiris hate india as do most everybody when they first meet an indian in person. :sick:

You know what, this was my fault. I have developed an answer for people like you, and I should have used it sooner.

Bunny-pancake.gif

As you can clearly, the bunny has a pancake on his head. The pancake is on his head! HIS HEAD!!! THERE IS A PANCAKE ON IT AND IT IS NOT FALLING OFF!

What more evidence do you need?

I declare myself the winner of this argument.

You know what, this was my fault. I have developed an answer for people like you, and I should have used it sooner.

Bunny-pancake.gif

As you can clearly, the bunny has a pancake on his head. The pancake is on his head! HIS HEAD!!! THERE IS A PANCAKE ON IT AND IT IS NOT FALLING OFF!

What more evidence do you need?

I declare myself the winner of this argument.

This post and your previous posts proves that indians are, on average, genetically predisposed to be less intelligent.

I could be convinced that by controlling for the right variables, we would see that indians are, in fact, as intelligent as Pakistani people under the same circumstances, but this would have to be in a controlled environment and even then this is highly unlikely.

The fact is, some things are genetic. indians tend to have darker skin. Irish people are more likely to have red hair.

Daily Times - CBMs to strengthen cross-LoC trade approved: India

* Indian home secretary says New Delhi waiting for Islamabad’s nod for implementation

By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: India says it has unilaterally approved several Kashmir-related confidence building measures to strengthen cross-Line of Control trade, and is awaiting Pakistan’s approval for their complete implementation.

Presenting a monthly report from the Home Ministry, Home Secretary GK Pillai told reporters on Friday New Delhi had approved setting up a
banking mechanism to eliminate barter system and increasing the number of trading days from two to four days a week.

Pillai said the Defence Ministry had been asked to procure and install full-body truck scanners to facilitate checking at checkposts. The plan also involves upgrading infrastructure at the two trading centres at Salamabad in Uri along the Sringar-Muzaffaraabd road and Chakan da Bagh in Jammu region along the Poonch-Rawlakot road.

The Telecommunication Ministry had also ordered permitting international calls from Indian-held Kashmir to Pakistan after a hiatus of 20 years. An order issued on Thursday had stated that the facility would be confined to
select trade centres for cross-LoC trade. The ISD facility to Pakistan from IHK was withdrawn in
1990 following the outbreak of militancy.

The official telephone provider, BSNL, had been asked to install ISD facilities in the offices of the Poonch district development commissioner, the manager of the district industries centre there, the custodian of LoC trade in Salamabad in north IHK’s Baramulla district, and in the office of the Srinagar Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

The links will facilitate traders to talk to their counterparts across the border. Moreover, to ensure additional security, all traders registered for cross-LoC trade have been asked to collect their identity
cards from the trade facility centres.

Indian officials had been complaining that they do not hear from Pakistan over proposals on enhancing cross-LoC trade. Even the proposals of meetings of business chambers from both sides had not been responded to.

Last month, the Indian Cabinet Committee on Security had approved a proposal of the IHK government to permit Jammu and Kashmir Bank to open an Asian Currency Unit account at the State Bank of Pakistan to allow traders to trade in currency units rather than barter. The IHK government had been pressing the Indian and Pakistani banks to open vostro accounts of each other’s rupee for trans-LoC trade to recognise it as domestic trade instead of an import-export feeling coming from adopting the ACU method for payments by the traders on both sides.

However, since the Indian and Pakistani rupees are not traded in each other’s country, the Reserve Bank of India and the State Bank of Pakistan will have to buy and sell the two currencies at fixed rate to prevent exchange risk to traders while trading in dual currency

Pakistan should avoid Kashmir in talks with India, says AJK PM

Pakistan should avoid Kashmir in talks with India, says AJK PM

Monday, May 03, 2010
By Jawwad Rizvi

LAHORE: Azad Jammu and Kashmir Prime Minister Farooq Haider has said Pakistan is not in a position to talk with India on Kashmir issue on equal terms due to its internal issues so it should avoid the Kashmir issue in its bilateral talks.

Talking to a selected group of journalists during his two-day visit to Lahore on Sunday, he said the lingering issue of the self-determination for the people of Kashmir was not a bilateral one, it needed trilateral talks with the help of any third international party involvement. However, India is avoiding this and once again resumed the bilateral talks after the world pressure has built up after Pakistan’s performance in the war on terror, he remarked.

The AJK prime minister suggested that Pakistan must take up water issue with India in talks. “Th water issue will automatically involve the Kashmir issue as all rivers enter into Pakistan from Kashmir,” he remarked.

He said, “Currently, Pakistan is not in a position to talk at equal terms on Kashmir with India due to its internal problems and ongoing war on terror against the extremists,” he said.

About the internal issues faced by the AJK after the constitutional issues, Farooq Haider suggested that the Federal Minister for Kashmir Affairs Manzoor Wattoo must avoid involvement in the state maters.

“I will never dissolve the (AJK) Legislative Assembly despite the fact I have been facing some tough opposition from a group and I have the authority to dissolve Legislative Assembly, but I will never do this.”

“The Muslim Conference party has majority in the 49-member state parliament and I enjoy confidence of all party lawmakers. I have the majority, why should I dissolve state legislature,” he said.

He also said that he would not be defeated as some people sitting in Islamabad had the desire to oust him. “I am sure that some corners are still active against me because they don’t want to accept me as the prime minister,” he said. About the judicial crisis, he said there was no crisis in the state and all institutions, including judiciary, were working smoothly.

He also warned the government in Islamabad against taking any unconstitutional step in the constitutional matters of Azad Kashmir. He said any unconstitutional interference from Islamabad would also have implications for Pakistan. Some steps taken by the Islamabad administration were creating a split among the Kashmiris, he said and added that for Kashmiris Pakistan was like a mother with whom they could not fight.

He also said the reference against Justice Riaz Akhtar Chaudhry, now dysfunctional chief justice, was filed as he was interfering in matters of executive and administration. “I will never bow before anyone with dictatorial powers and will be ready to sacrifice my own position for the supremacy of law and constitution,” he said.

He said that he had no personal grudge against Chaudhry. He asked Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to announce his decision about the chief justice of Azad Kashmir as chairperson of the Kashmir Council without further delay.

Rising Kashmir - Geelani bans anti-India slogans

Says Govt backing stone throwers

Asem Mohiuddin
Sopore, May 02: Reacting to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah’s statement of blaming him for the death of a Natipora resident in stone pelting at Batamaloo, chairman of Hurriyat Conference (G), Syed Ali Geelani Sunday blamed the government of backing stone pelters and added that he supports peaceful protests and condemns acts of stone pelting and anti-India sloganeering.

Addressing a gathering at Sopore after visiting the family of a local cable operator, Ashiq Hussain who was recently killed by unknown gunmen, Geelani said he does not support people who raise derogatory and inflammatory slogans.

“We protest against the illegal occupation of India. However, we have no personal differences with the people of India. So we need not to raise slogans like ‘Bharat Teri Moot Ayee’ (Death has come unto India) and should not indulge in stone pelting,” Geelani said.

Regarding the death of 45-year-old cable operator by unknown gunmen, Geelani said it was difficult to trace the culprits when the whole State has turned into a garrison due to massive presence of troops.

“In the past Ikhwanis (renegades) killed hundreds of innocent people, destroyed properties and charged ransom for lives. Then too government called them unknown gunmen. The truth only prevailed when people found them in company with troops in their barracks and camps. Today again government makes same claims whenever such killing takes place,” the Hurriyat (G) chairman said.

Accusing the government agencies of supporting stone-pelters in Sopore, the octogenarian leader said he strongly condemns the killing of Shafiq Ahmed like he condemned such killings in the past. “We also condemned the killing of an infant when stone-pleters in Chakloo Baramulla stopped the vehicle.”

Geelani said that if the government was concerned about such killings and blamed Hurriyat for these why did chief minister push under the carpet the killings by cops like Parvez Ahmad Hajam, Amir Ahmad and many others.

“I have been informed by reliable sources that the youth who indulge in stone-pelting unnecessarily in Sopore town and force shutdown are supported by government agencies,” Geelani said. “Police slaps stone-pelters in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley with PSAs but in Sopore they arrest them and later release them in the evening,” he said.

“We see in parts of Srinagar, Sopore and Baramulla where intellectuals, educated and respectable class of the society resist the Indian rule, the government sabotages them with the use of lethal force,” he said.

Asking mainstream political parties to resign and represent the true emotions of the people, Geelani said people who spent lavishly on themselves and remain confined to the assemblies should know in true sense what people of Kashmir want.

“The slave people of Jammu and Kashmir don’t need railway lines, flyovers, roads, daily-wage jobs but freedom from slavery, imperialism and exploitation,” Geelani said.

He said all mainstream political parties were informers of troops. They don’t identify with the freedom struggle of the people and send them to jails in Jammu to torture them in the scorching heat. They do it just to fulfill their personal interests.

Meanwhile, Geelani urged people to continue freedom struggle. “People of Kashmir will never succumb and continue peaceful struggle.”

He said exploitation under imperialism by the India was at its peak. “Around 5000 kanal of forest land in Shopian has been occupied by army and around 3 to 4 lakh trees will be chopped by them to set up the bunkers there. About 28 lakh kanal of land has also been occupied by troops.”

Aegis starts BPO ops in Kashmir - Outsourcing - News - Tech - The Times of India

SRINAGAR: Aegis, a business process outsourcing (BPO) company under the Essar Group umbrella, commenced its operations in Kashmir recently.

Post-militancy, this is the first time that a venture of such magnitude has been undertaken in the Valley.

Set up at the Rangrate IT Park near Srinagar, the BPO centre boasts of the latest technology and offers world-class facilities in line with other Aegis centres across the globe, company president Sudhir Agarwal said.

He said that the company has recruited 200 employees from the Valley to fulfill its commitment of providing employment to the local youth.

Agarwal said that Aegis Srinagar has already tied up with Vodafone. "The Srinagar office will serve domestic clients, including telecom service providers and financial institutions," said the Aegis president, who provides strategic advice and guidance to teams across centres in India, Philippines, South Africa, Australia and Sri Lanka.

He said that Aegis Srinagar will offer direct and indirect employment opportunities to over 2,000 youths from the Valley once it becomes fully operational. Lauding Aegis state president Zahoor Malik, Agarwal said that he had ensured the "seamless introduction" of Essar Group's ventures in Jammu and Kashmir.

Malik, in turn, praised the state government for helping Essar establish the centre. "The government provided Aegis Limited with the space it required. From the foundation stone-laying by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to helping us commence operations, the state government has always been by our side," he said.

Noting that the state-of-the-art Aegis BPO centre was spread over an area of 22,000 sq ft, he said that local youths were recruited not only for the BPO centre but also departments pertaining to housekeeping, transport, centre development and maintenance.

Elaborating on the technical aspects of the BPO, Aegis senior vice-president Faisal Durani said that the capacity of the Srinagar centre is being enhanced from 250 to 500 seats.

Customer service executives and call centre agents are inducted into the BPO centre only after being trained extensively for a month, he added

I think the best way to deal with terrorist is :sniper: :hang2:

but the steps taen by the govt for the development of people there is remarkable also the army has also set up the infrastructure like schools, hosp....etc GR8

good news.

lets hope this is just the first of many economic ventures being set up in J&K

creating jobs is best way to make good j&k

every one want to see kashmir as its name heaven of the world

Indian govt is doing well for the past 5 years in J and K and i am sure peace will restore in the valley in the coming years.

Best feasible solutionb will be "Change Demography of Kashmir"..
Inidan govt should make it Union Territory and start settling people from rest of India..

Back
Top Bottom