What's new

Karachi to Peshawar Bullet train: News & Updates

Why is NS insisting on bullet train project, I've lived in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal and believe me best local buses comes and goes on time every 5 minutes you don't even need a personal vehicle for $70 you can travel full month. My personal opinion is best local made like Hino Pak standard international quality Buses and proper installation of glass shade bus stops all across Pakistan, We need to get rid of raksha, most taxis, wagons, chinchi etc the environment would be much cleaner cities would look better before gearing towards such a expensive bullet train like projects. What do you say guys...

I have lived in these two cities as well. Transportation system in Toronto is really sh!tty. Go Buses and Trains are expensive have a poor schedule due to traffic and waiting times. Similarly, the Subway system in downtown is old, dirty, and has only 2 lines running. Also i have noticed is that there is NO Rail service and much Bus service to the airport....

As far as Vancouver is concerned, it is much better. The Sky Trains are nice since they are quicker and cheaper. One thing i hate about these two cities is that they are sprawled. Most of the focus has been on Roads. 5-12 highway lanes consumes most the development budget due to road reconstructions and fuel consumption, all of which increase the number of automobiles and less social mobilization.

There is no comparison when it comes to London. Its purely designed to keep in view of sustainability. What is rather interesting to note is the fact that the population is above 10 million. In every street, there is a Tube station. As for Buses, well there are more double deckers than cars on roads. If you want to go out of town, lets say to Berkshire, Southwest Trains, with a speed of 150 km/hr are available to you in every few minutes. If you want to go to France or Belgium, a Bullet Train called Euro Star with a top speed of 330 km/hr runs after every hour or two.

I have lived in these two cities as well. Transportation system in Toronto is really sh!tty.

It is even more expensive to launch bullet trains and metro trains in cities all over Pakistan. Pakistan Forex are barely $11B have some sense noon leaguei senseless people!

Apparently Pakistan is not london stop comparing it to london or paris or its people, you can babble about local buses fact is its the cheapest, for the size of Ontario or Quebec there are designated buses all on time and no one complains for Pakistan it should be accordingly, all you need to do is tell Pakistanis to act like civilized humans see how your expensive jangla services has gone worst.

No! Transportation System is wonderful in All over Canada towards Prairies its slow but there people are rich enough to keep 1-2 vehicles...don't know what world you lived in I'm telling you because I do travel all across.

It is even more expensive to launch bullet trains and metro trains in cities all over Pakistan. Pakistan Forex are barely $11B have some sense noon leaguei senseless people!

Apparently Pakistan is not london stop comparing it to london or paris or its people, you can babble about local buses fact is its the cheapest, for the size of Ontario or Quebec there are designated buses all on time and no one complains for Pakistan it should be accordingly, all you need to do is tell Pakistanis to act like civilized humans see how your expensive jangla services has gone worst.

No! Transportation System is wonderful in All over Canada towards Prairies its slow but there people are rich enough to keep 1-2 vehicles...don't know what world you lived in I'm telling you because I do travel all across.

Great logic. You are telling me forex reserves is the only way to build Metros ? :lol:

Next time keep BOT (Build Operate Transfer), Investments, and loans in mind before you open your mouth.

When did i compare Pakistan with London huh ? I know you are ignorant but let me remind you that i compared London with Canadian cities (so called 'developed')

Now that you mentioned Pakistan let me just say you should be embarrassed by the fact that Karachi is the only mega city in the world without a Metro. Even countries like Egypt, Columbia, North Korea, Mexico, Thailand, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Chile have metro systems. Last time i checked, sanctioned Iran is expanding and Bangladesh is preparing to start its first...

Transportation systems are a blessing. Not only do they help people reach from point A to point B, they create Jobs, save money, save fuel costs, and also boost real estate market in many areas.

Normal train to chalti nahi Bullet train chalaoge...

"Normal train is bad shape in Pakistan and u guys are talking about BULLET train" what a fun.. :P

First fix the normal Railway, then go for ambitious projects..

Bullet trains from nowhere to nowhere --- The money for such "schemes" is better spent on training and inducting 500,000 police personnel, providing them with technology to do their job -- the pay off will be bigger than prestige projects like bullet trains and such, after all, Pakistan's economy's number one problem is the general insecurity caused by terrorism and sectarianism, fight and finish these off and investors can take Pakistan seriously.

he should first make sure the railway doesn't collapse financially and there is enough electricity generation before he comes to HSR

ohh please!! i seriously wish you were his adviser!!

The PMLN leadership need to be taught to work on first things first. there is a serious need to get priorities right!!

Pakistan does not even has proper railways system and whatever they have is a big mess.....and now nawaz is talking of bullet train.... If he is serious he should be talking of fixing current railways bad condition

The priorities are all wrong of Nawaz Sharif that is why eople are making fun of this bullet train claim.

Instead of that bullet train, money can be used to get electricity sector right, improving state public transportation, schools and health etc. Run the diesel trains first then go after bullet train...

This is just a gimmick which he might fulfill in the last 2 years of his government, like Shahbaz Sharif made Metro and went on a underpass/flyover spree. Pehlay 3 saal kahan gum tha?

looking at Pakistan's economy investor or supplier will be reluctant to supply which will automatically increase cost... Other than that there is a fact that our current rail roads are gazzilion year old so we'll need to put a new track from KPK to Karachi...and then we'll need to fense it becasue of security reasons as one small blast and cause a hell of wreck to high speed rail... Then theres purchasing of land, contracts, sub contracts, corruption... can very easily cost a 500 m dollar....

what!! just 500 million dollars.

It is costing $3.3 billions for a metro project in Chennai for 45 KM which is $75 million KM. I am sure the cost of High speed rail per KM is equal or more.

It will cost minimum $96 Billion for this project

Any idea about the cost of such a project, two way ofcourse?

$ billions and billions.
More than our entire budget.
Even if we take into account significantly cheaper costs to build in Pakistan.

ohh please!! i seriously wish you were his adviser!!

The PMLN leadership need to be taught to work on first things first. there is a serious need to get priorities right!!

i would love to be his adviser, as long as he gives me commission of all the money he and his allies loot from Pakistan :D

Why is NS insisting on bullet train project, I've lived in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal and believe me best local buses comes and goes on time every 5 minutes you don't even need a personal vehicle for $70 you can travel full month. My personal opinion is best local made like Hino Pak standard international quality Buses and proper installation of glass shade bus stops all across Pakistan, We need to get rid of raksha, most taxis, wagons, chinchi etc the environment would be much cleaner cities would look better before gearing towards such a expensive bullet train like projects. What do you say guys...

But busses are not good for intercity transport.

Back
Top Bottom