What's new

Karachi to Peshawar Bullet train: News & Updates

First improve the already present diesel railway, public transport, PIA then talk about Bullet train.

Improving Railway and PIA is nowhere near as catchy as bullet train!

this is not some official discussion where our decisions would be final, discussing idea would be better than ridiculing at our selves for nothing. atleast sow the seed.

look at the map I shared, and see this project along side with the Indus river !

or think of a rail track to Gawadar !

PakMap.jpg

imagine bullet train along side with the Indus River.

@Leader imho best project for Pakistan Railway would be to

* double track entire section from Lahore-Karachi
* Electrify all this section, so that instead of diesel power, electric locomotives could run here
* Replace old lines, improve them so that current max speed of train could go up. Currently AFAIK 110km maximum is safety limit, it could easily go upto 160km.
* Most important one is to build rail line from Gwadar-Mastung-Chamman. Sir this section was planned in Musharaf era, and i think design on paper is also completed by Railway. If only this section is build, you can have operational Gwadar port on fast track. Also for Afghan transit trade, a route will be available, safe and short.

All these projects can be completed in less then cost of bullet train. What you say? :pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not some official discussion where our decisions would be final, discussing idea would be better than ridiculing at our selves for nothing. atleast sow the seed.

look at the map I shared, and see this project along side with the Indus river !

or think of a rail track to Gawadar !
a track to gawadar would be more useful for goods and cargo transport. and china might help with the project too

a track to gawadar would be more useful for goods and cargo transport. and china might help with the project too

exactly, a project proposed by Musharraf too. would be more useful if its cargo

@Leader imho best project for Pakistan Railway would be to

* double track entire section from Lahore-Karachi
* Electrify all this section, so that instead of diesel power, electric locomotives could run here
* Replace old lines, improve them so that current max speed of train could go up. Currently AFAIK 110km maximum is safety limit, it could easily go upto 160km.
* Most important one is to build rail line from Gwadar-Mastung-Chamman. Sir this section was planned in Musharaf era, and i think design on paper is also completed by Railway. If only this section is build, you can have operational Gwadar port on fast track. Also for Afghan transit trade, a route will be available, safe and short.

All these projects can be completed in less then cost of bullet train. What you say? :pakistan:

Excellent suggestion. we had a electric track from lahore to Khanewal. unfortunately corrupt ate it.

Bijli nai hai whats the "Bullet train gonna run on"? Corrupt politicians ko jalain gay tou maybe it might run faster than the 1 in Germany or the 1 in Japan :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: @Spring Onion,
Do you even know what your'e talking about ? Scrap railways and switch over completely to "bullet trains" ? Did you know that most of railway income comes from logistics and not public transport ? Even Japan has a functional and extensive railway network.

If you wish to cure your idiocy, please take some time off to read some credible stuff and stay off the rhetoric.

i know what i am talking about. and we are more concerned for public transport. the logistic will take care of itself.

and thanks you need to cure your indian idiocy of poking smelly nose in our affairs.

i know what i am talking about. and we are more concerned for public transport. the logistic will take care of itself.

and thanks you need to cure your Indian idiocy of poking smelly nose in our affairs.

Bro we will like to encourage you, if you wish to change your slag railway system & to introduce new bullet train simultaneously, but to do all this 5 years is so very little time... Japan who is already having world class network is planing to upgrade its speed to 500 kmph by 2045 although they have successfully completed test run at 500kmph this week only.
So dude chill and think :cuckoo:

It will be complete package for improvement in PR and introduction of bullet trains in Pakistan.
Things will improve gradually for Pakistan railway.
- PR infastructure and facilities needs to be upgraded.
- Bullet trains will be introduced on important branch sections (lahore to isl and peshawar) at first and then will be stretched further.

Yesterday Nawaz Sharif said that a rail and road line from Kashgar to Torkham and then to Gwadar will be created on urgent basis!!!

Bro we will like to encourage you, if you wish to change your slag railway system & to introduce new bullet train simultaneously, but to do all this 5 years is so very little time... Japan who is already having world class network is planing to upgrade its speed to 500 kmph by 2045 although they have successfully completed test run at 500kmph this week only.
So dude chill and think :cuckoo:

they r insane nothing is impossible for them

Beijing-Shanghai High Speed line is 1318 km long and cost about $33 billion. the distance between karachi and peshawar is almost the same (1355 km). how can pakistan invest $33 billion when it barely survives on a billion or two given by the US ?

Yesterday Nawaz Sharif said that a rail and road line from Kashgar to Torkham and then to Gwadar will be created on urgent basis!!!

With these ambitions he may have planned a visit to IMF!

Back
Top Bottom