What's new

Karachi to Peshawar Bullet train: News & Updates

Normal train to chalti nahi Bullet train chalaoge...

"Normal train is bad shape in Pakistan and u guys are talking about BULLET train" what a fun.. :P

First fix the normal Railway, then go for ambitious projects..

:P the same argument is put forward by many to Indians over mars mission.

The priorities are all wrong of Nawaz Sharif that is why eople are making fun of this bullet train claim.

Instead of that bullet train, money can be used to get electricity sector right, improving state public transportation, schools and health etc. Run the diesel trains first then go after bullet train...

This is just a gimmick which he might fulfill in the last 2 years of his government, like Shahbaz Sharif made Metro and went on a underpass/flyover spree. Pehlay 3 saal kahan gum tha?

There are a million and one things that need government spending in Pakistan.
Every sector is in need.

I can't begin to tell you just how stupid this bullet train idea is.
Stupid on many levels...

• Costs an arm and a leg, which Pakistan doesn't have.
  • Maintenance cost.
  • Safety costs regarding a high speed train that needs to be kept in top condition to be safe.
  • It also needs to make money, in Pakistan people cannot afford joy rides on a bullet train, bullet train and ministry of transport will incur losses.
  • No need for it, labor immobility can't be dealt with like this in a nation where it only fits a few successful workers.
  • Some people suggested that involving the private sector. But If I was a private sector firm, I would not want to invest billions in a country like Pakistan in it's current state and certainly not in a loss making model like a bullet train.
  • Then the opportunity cost.
  • This money for a damn bullet train alone could be used to deal with the illiteracy in Pakistan.

I can go on and on about this.

I for one pray, that Nawaz Sharif does not go ahead with this project.
A bullet train and all the money involved will not lead to prosperity in Pakistan.
It will surely be bad for us.

Great logic. You are telling me forex reserves is the only way to build Metros ? :lol:

Next time keep BOT (Build Operate Transfer), Investments, and loans in mind before you open your mouth.

When did i compare Pakistan with London huh ? I know you are ignorant but let me remind you that i compared London with Canadian cities (so called 'developed')

Now that you mentioned Pakistan let me just say you should be embarrassed by the fact that Karachi is the only mega city in the world without a Metro. Even countries like Egypt, Columbia, North Korea, Mexico, Thailand, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Chile have metro systems. Last time i checked, sanctioned Iran is expanding and Bangladesh is preparing to start its first...

Transportation systems are a blessing. Not only do they help people reach from point A to point B, they create Jobs, save money, save fuel costs, and also boost real estate market in many areas.
you are right in your shoes and have a valid point, it is not necessary that the project should be funded by state, it could be private run aswell. bur rught now our priorities are different we have security and terrosim issues.
a city like karachi is prone to protests and extreme voilence, what if there is a protest tomorrow and someone lights up the train? heck we don't even have fire exits in LDA forget about Train stations.
We need to focus of our education system first, look at the health system, even today a child died in faislabad from measles .
focus on these first and than talk about projects like these,

There is no comparison when it comes to London. Its purely designed to keep in view of sustainability. What is rather interesting to note is the fact that the population is above 10 million. In every street, there is a Tube station. As for Buses, well there are more double deckers than cars on roads. If you want to go out of town, lets say to Berkshire, Southwest Trains, with a speed of 150 km/hr are available to you in every few minutes. If you want to go to France or Belgium, a Bullet Train called Euro Star with a top speed of 330 km/hr runs after every hour or two.
care to tell me the rail system in Manchester, liverpool, bradford, birmingham? do not compare london to Pakistan, heck i wont even compare any of our cities to bradford

why you Pakistani members making fun of the idea, even though its not possible for Pak to execute such a project as of now but why reject the idea??

PakMap.jpg

imagine bullet train along side with the Indus River.

We have an actual mars mission..and a functional space agency.
There is no argument.....pak railways suck and they have no infrastructure. Not even like the local train services in India. Fix the railways then move on to a bullet train project.

We have an actual mars mission..and a functional space agency.
There is no argument.....pak railways suck and they have no infrastructure. Not even like the local train services in India. Fix the railways then move on to a bullet train project.

at the cost of?

secondly we might do away with railways and go for bullet ones altogether. Should this be headach of any bharati that how we will do it?

Are you trying to equate Indian Railways with Pakistan Railways. :cheesy::cheesy:

:what: no i am reminding you of your misplaced prioritiies.

No drama queen, same logic don't apply here... We reached moon comfortably, next target is mars.. My suggestion would be valid for India if Indian railway would be in bad shape..

But luckly Indian railway is in good shape and now its time to move to high speed railway..

But for Pakistan, the money should be diverted to rejuvenate normal railway rather than having high speed link for ultra rich..

we dont need bullet trains, if we just improve our law and order and boost tourism, it will do miracles believe me, bullet trains will be just a matter of time, it becomes necessity for our tourism to reach unbelievable heights

nothing is impossible, only it requires the right will :)

pakistan, a country with such contrasts and beauty needs just a little push for tourism

This money for a damn bullet train alone could be used to deal with the illiteracy in Pakistan.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...karachi-peshawar-updates-8.html#ixzz2UrtBm9wM

@Jungibaaz : Bro I disagree here, The money for infrastructure shall be used for infrastructure not public welfare, The budget provide money for education, literacy must be improved using that money.. Many Pakistani (like onion) question indian space expendature over indian poverty...

The logical answer for that is, Money is budgeted for each work, one side money must not be used at other side....

Last edited by a moderator:
A bullet train and all the money involved will not lead to prosperity in Pakistan.
It will surely be bad for us.

Do you really think Nawaz Sharif cares about that? He really wants prosperity? All he wants is an election gimmick.

Just tell me, Metro Bus and that spending spree, all sorts of rules and regulations were broken, single tender, cost overshoot, time of completion, feasibility study, break even time and much more, nothing was properly done and he just had a brain wave and he made an election gimmick.

This is what Sharifs do very well, they make an infrastructure election gimmick, the people get fooled, wah bhai kiya baat hai, us nay kaam bara kia hai!

Motorway, Metro Bus, the proposed Bullet Train, ab kuch aur bhi damagh main ajaye ga.

why you Pakistani members making fun of the idea, even though its not possible for Pak to execute such a project as of now but why reject the idea??

First improve the already present diesel railway, public transport, PIA then talk about Bullet train.

Improving Railway and PIA is nowhere near as catchy as bullet train!

at the cost of?

I'm sorry, at the cost of what ? exactly ?

If you mean poverty alleviation, the policies and government initiatives have already managed to raise millions out of poverty and bonded labor and continue to do so even today. Its not just about pouring money...if it were, we would be seeing Saudi Nobel laureates and talking about Qatari space stations.

Complete poverty alleviation takes time, while Indians are coming out of its clutches, more Pakistanis are falling into it with each passing day. Ultimately, success of a nation depends on decent policies, decent deployment strategies and most importantly, time.

There is no such thing as a free meal.

secondly we might do away with railways and go for bullet ones altogether. Should this be headach of any bharati that how we will do it?

:rofl: :rofl: @Spring Onion,
Do you even know what your'e talking about ? Scrap railways and switch over completely to "bullet trains" ? Did you know that most of railway income comes from logistics and not public transport ? Even Japan has a functional and extensive railway network.

If you wish to cure your idiocy, please take some time off to read some credible stuff and stay off the rhetoric.

@Jungibaaz : Bro I disagree here, The money for infrastructure shall be used for infrastructure not public welfare, The budget provide money for education, literacy must be improved using that money.. Many Pakistani (like onion) question indian space expendature over indian poverty...

The logical answer for that is, Money is budgeted for each work, one side money must not be used at other side....

You don't understand what I'm meaning to say.

To have a bullet train project, the government would need to divert funding from all other sectors.
Bullet train would probably the most expensive project ever undertaken by GoP and the most needless one.
I was merely stating an opportunity cost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom