What's new

Karachi: Asia's biggest food and entertainment resort opening next month

It's a soft opening. There are going to be three openings. The final one is yet to come.

Sindh governor inaugurates Port Grand Project

Staff Report

KARACHI: Governor Sindh Dr Ishrat Ul Ebad has said that mega economic hub like Karachi that houses millions of people, needs lots of recreational and entertainment places where entertainment-starved citizens could find some peace, comfort and entertainment which provides much-needed breather to continue with our hectic schedules.

Governor Sindh expressed these views while inaugurating the much-awaited Port Grand Food and Entertainment Complex on Saturday. Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping Babur Khan Ghauri and Shahid Firoz, Managing Director Grand leisure Corporation was also present.

Terming it as a gift for the citizens of Karachi, Governor said that Port Grand Project would serve as the catalyst for several other mega entertainment projects in the city. It would not only fulfill the recreational and entertainment needs of a city as large and important as Karachi, it would also give the city and its citizens a reason to be proud of and celebrate their culture and identity.

Dr Ishrat ul Ebad said that Port Grand Complex is an effort to revive the culture and traditions of old Karachi as well as to celebrate it as the City of Lights. “It would surely revive the harbor culture in a port city like Karachi,” Ebad said.

He appreciated Grand Leisure Corporation for resurrection of history and heritage as it has not only preserved the 19th century’s Napier Mole Bridge but has also converted it into a world-class tourist spot that would ultimately attract millions of people from all over the world.

Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping Babur Khan Ghauri, under whose leadership, Karachi Port Trust provided this land for the project to Grand Leisure Corporation on built, operate and transfer basis said that “today we have fulfilled our promise to provide Karachites with a world-class harbor-based food, retail, entertainment and recreation complex in shape of Port Grand.”

Babar Ghauri said that Port Grand is a bold initiative by a private sector company despite the economic, law and order and political uncertainties in the country. He applauded the relentless efforts of Shahid Firoz, Managing Director Grand Leisure Corporation for making it a reality.

Babar Ghauri said that Port Grand project is country’s only-sea-side food and entertainment enclave, which would offer matchless attractions for the whole family to enjoy together. “Port Grand is expected to attract around 4 to 5 thousand people daily from across the country,” he hoped.

The Port Grand Complex, which has been built at 19th century’s Napier Mole Bridge (old native jetty bridge) was conceived and built by Grand Leisure Corporation with an investment of over Rs 1 billion. GLC’s scope of work includes financing, construction, maintenance and operation of all aspects pertaining to the Port Grand.

About 40 outlets have been made operational at this stage while more outlets would be opened soon. The entry fee for the Port Grand would be Rs 300 per person out of which Rs 200 would be redeemable at different food outlets and shops inside the project. The project would be open for public from Sunday evening.

Shahid Firoz, Managing Director Grand leisure Corporation informed that Port Grand project, that stretches along the 1000 feet. Karachi’s ancient 19th century native jetty bridge, spreads over an area of 200,000 square feet. The one kilometer bridge has been transformed into an entertainment and food enclave housing numerous eateries totaling 40,000 sq ft of climate-controlled area and space for kiosks of exotic Pakistani and foreign food and a variety of beverages.

He informed that the work on the project commenced in 2005 and it was expected to be completed by 2009 but the old native jetty bridge was in very bad shape after being abandoned for any transportation usage and it was also set to be demolished when Port Grand project was conceived and ancient 19th centaury monument was preserved for generations to come. GLC had to almost rebuild the whole 1 mile Old Napier Mole Bridge that includes removal of old deck slab, cleaning of rust and scaling of existing structure, strengthening of sub-structure and laying of new deck slab. This all work took around 2 year to completely revamped the bridge thus delayed the project for around 2 years.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Could someone tell me can young guys and gals mingle openly in Pakistan? Can they date and have intimate relationships? I am interested to know, I have never been to Pakistan..

Could someone tell me can young guys and gals mingle openly in Pakistan? Can they date and have intimate relationships? I am interested to know, I have never been to Pakistan..

Yes they do and they do it openly, I would say you must visit Pakistan if you haven't !

not a lot, some.....

Even in Indian villages u couldnt do it openly .
Cities and towns are different thing though

253434_219610828062847_219146084775988_842229_7893886_n.jpg

253682_219611184729478_219146084775988_842252_1007102_n.jpg

251697_219611058062824_219146084775988_842244_1787975_n.jpg

248670_219611028062827_219146084775988_842242_5197899_n.jpg

800px-2._Kordon.JPG

248445_219610888062841_219146084775988_842233_6895718_n.jpg

5787029161_7db7fd98c0_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom