What's new

Karachi: Asia's biggest food and entertainment resort opening next month

can hardly wait to go there .. !!!
BTW the quality of food at Board Baison is exceptionally good with reasonable rates ..
I wonder what would be the Quality and Rates here .. !!!

Another good effort by the peole who wants to develop karachi , the commercial hub of pakistan !

can hardly wait to go there .. !!!
BTW the quality of food at Board Baison is exceptionally good with reasonable rates ..
I wonder what would be the Quality and Rates here .. !!!

Don't know about the quality, but I am assuming since there will be restaurants in there that already have a presence elsewhere in the city so their rates will be the same. For instance I saw a board of OTPT at one of the restaurants at the pier.

Plus there is going to be a Rs 200/300 entrance fee per person, which can later be used to order food once inside.

Zag, I am posting the pictures on your blog in my post, more people can view them this way.

port_grand.jpg

port_grand_the_napiers_tavern.jpg

port_grand_the_galleria.jpg

port_grand_hindu_temple.jpg

port_grand_temple_point.jpg

port_grand_mermaids_place.jpg

port_grand_art_lane.jpg

port_grand_palm_grove.jpg

Dawn.com gives you a sneak preview to know what to expect at Port Grand Culture & Arts where an event was held on Saturday. Port Grand is a multi-layered social space in the epicenter of historical Karachi, and is built around the premise of promoting positivity in the city and preserving its heritage; the restored Napier’s bridge within Port Grand is an example of this vision.

port-grand1.jpg

Port grand offers restaurants, banking facilities, cinema, art and crafts. It also offers indoor and outdoor art spaces to visual and performance artists, for display and performance both.–Photo by Rabeea Arif

port-grand2.jpg

One of the main features of PGCA will be its weekly Art & Craft market, where individuals will be able sell their products and showcase their expertise.–Photo by Rabeea Arif

port-grand3.jpg

“Under the Bridge”: Musical performances by “The Bell”.–Photo by Eefa Khalid

port-grand5.jpg

‘Art & Craft Market: Featuring traditional and contemporary crafts.–Photo by Eefa Khalid

port-grand4.jpg

Paper crafts and creative textiles from Ghazal Pirzada Creative Studios and Varah Musavvir’s Firefly.–Photo by Eefa Khalid

sana-maqbools-source2.jpg

Unconventional Light based sculptural pieces, lamps and fairy lights by Sana Maqbool’s “Source- lamps & accessories.”–Photo by Eefa Khalid

port-grand6.jpg

“Port Harbour: Haven and Sanctuary”: Visual Art exhibit featuring works of Abdul Jabbar Gull,Tapu Javeri, Amean Jan, Amin Gulgee, Muzzamil Ruheel, Shalalae Jamil, Seher Aziz, Madiha Aijaz, Sivim A. Naqvi, Ammad Tahir, Zarmine Bilwani & Aashtee Adil & Hina Farooqui.–Photo by Eefa Khalid

Last edited:

KARACHI (November 02, 2010) : Port Grand Food and Entertainment complex, the innovative and unique leisure facility conceived and built by Grand Leisure Corporation with an investment of over 1 billion rupees exclusively by the private sector is now in its finishing stages and is likely to be inaugurated after Eid ul Azha.

This was shared by Chief Executive of Port Grand Shahid Firoz while talking to Media at the preview event of Art Lane at Port Grand. Port Grand Culture and Art hosted a preview event for its special guests, to familiarise them with the project as well as to get their valuable inputs and feedback.

"Port Grand is an effort to revive the culture and traditions of old Karachi as well as celebrate it as the City of Lights . It would revive the harbour culture, ie seafood, boating around the mangroves, pedestrian friendly harbour front experience etc." said Shahid Firoz, the spirit behind the project. He said a good omen is that several foreign food chains and retail stores are coming to Pakistan and thus it would send a very positive signal to foreign investors about Pakistan.

A port-related Visual Art and photographs display exhibition was arranged by the title of 'PORT: HARBOUR, HAVEN, AND SANCTUARY' in which art work of Abdul Jabbar Gull, Tapu Javeri, Amean Jan and Amin Gulgee was at display for the visitors.

Port Grand project, stretches on the water along the 1300 ft. Karachi 's ancient 19th century native jetty bridge and spreads over an area of over kilometer. The bridge has been transformed into an entertainment and food enclave housing numerous eateries of climate-controlled area and space for kiosks of exotic Pakistani and foreign food and a variety of beverages.

The project is the first of its kind in the city and the country where exceptional attention has been given to every detail including beautiful hard and soft landscapes, nautical accents and 19th Century Lanterns/street furniture. Port Grand is tucked away in a beautiful and serene enclave which feels like a far away island on the Arabian Sea though only 3 to 5 minutes away from the busiest parts of Karachi .

The Port Grand project is country's only harbour front food and entertainment enclave, which would offer matchless attractions for the whole family to enjoy together. It is expected to attract thousands of people daily from across the country.

Once operational this project would provide direct employment to around 1,000 persons and indirectly to several thousands. The Port Grand will maintain international standard of food hygiene and the place and will be fully protected by high tech security solution. Port Grand also features a trading post for retail and fast food including international franchises; a floating restaurant, children play area and a Cineplex with different cafes.-PR

Handicraft-Stalls-2-640x480.jpg

Port Grand, located under the Native Jetty bridge, opened for an ‘orientation evening’. PHOTO: ATHAR KHAN

Handicraft-Stalls-1-640x480.jpg

The Port Grand offers cinema, art gallery, banking facilities, food and shopping outlets. PHOTO: ATHAR KHAN

Grand-Port-2-640x480.jpg

Port Grand, located under the Native Jetty bridge, opened for an ‘orientation evening’. PHOTO: ATHAR KHAN

Grand-Port-1-640x480.jpg

Band-Bell-performance-2-640x480.jpg

The recreation spot offers art, food, space for children. PHOTO: ATHAT KHAN

Art-Lane-PGCA-Port-Grand-Culture-Art-640x480.jpg

Featuring the work of renowned artist Amin Gulgee, the Art Lane offered a variety of big and new names. PHOTO: ATHAR KHAN

Art-Lane-PGCA-Port-Grand-Culture-Art-3-640x480.jpg

Art-Lane-PGCA-Port-Grand-Culture-Art-2-640x480.jpg

omg wow this place actually looks soo much better than i ever imagined can't believe it's pakistan i just hope they keep it clean and well maintained and with major security measures in place .Karachi rocks !

Pakistani people deserve places of entertainment. Good Job and great project.

omg wow this place actually looks soo much better than i ever imagined can't believe it's pakistan i just hope they keep it clean and well maintained and with major security measures in place .Karachi rocks !

and i am actually disappointed until now,
I think we haven't seen the entire places of this place otherwise its a complete waste of money if this is all

I am hoping for some attractive and interesting things somewhere within inside

Nothing is convince-able so far that could plea me to visit Karachi to see this place

Back
Top Bottom