What's new

Karachi: Asia's biggest food and entertainment resort opening next month

Are these Basant Fiesta photos? We were going to port grand to celebrate Basant there, but unfortunately we had to cancel our plan at the last moment because some uninvited dickheads were more interested in gobbling up the roghni food at Lal Qila.

Yes some of the photos I posted are of Basant Fiesta that took place in Port Grand.

315833_269808319709764_219146084775988_1045079_2080484663_n.jpg

Shahid Afridi shopping at Port Grand
hahahaha this pic is so funny... look at those girls in shock....

The place is really good. Here is a first hand account of it.
During my last trip to Pakistan (Nov./Dec. 2011) I really wanted to be at the Port Grand. But the problem was the restriction about female required. Now, there are a bunch of women in my house-hold. However, during one day's outing in Karachi in a rickshaw with my cousin (with his flowing beard) he thought he can help me at least take a peek into Port Grand. I sort of vaguely tried to stop him but he insisted: "This is Pakistan. Anything is possible". I said, ok, if you insist. I knew I would be out there in a few days with 'family' (women, in Pakistan-speak), so no sweat either way. Anyway, my cousin managed to get me through the first checkpoint. Something to do with his 'American' cousin, blah, blah. But we were refused beyond that point, apologetically. They were very polite and curious. But the topmost security guy--must have seen me from a distance (innocent looking, I presume!)--just could not allow an 'exception' for the 'no female, no entry' rule. I felt a sudden sense of joy and pride in all that: They did the right thing.

I explained to my cousin the need to be fair and to follow the rules.

A few days later a bunch of us went there--females abundant--and we all had a great time. But that's for another discussion.

I have been to Port Grand about two or three time twice with family and once woth my friend he had a date their my friends Girl freind was already in but we cant go in go in because the security guard want see a family girl too. Hence i asked a couple their to make us their's brother and they accepted. And just to mention my indian friends when i was there waiting to find some one who can let us in i saw large amount of Hindus coming and sinking ganpatti pappa. And they were also saying garpatti papa poria in a high voices.

As a Canadian I was really angry at Port Grand and their policy of "no single males"
I visited Karachi last year and wanted to go with my friend but because I didn't have the right genitals I could not.
Stupid Port Grand!

Im bored of this port grand a good place to enjoy but not good for eating

Karachi was a Town of Sindh, developed and turned into Modern City Port of Sindh, In future it shall remain Capital of Sindh Inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom