What's new

Kabul bomb blast: Afghanistan blames Haqqani network and Pakistan's ISI for attack

Don't know, it is a vicious circle. You start a blast....the other responds, then you blast again and the cycle goes on.
I've said this before - the Afghan's can't afford to play this game.

Pakistan, with many magnitudes more resources, a much, much stronger, disciplined and better funded military and intelligence, with decades of institutional memory and experience from working with the CIA against the Soviets in Afghanistan, still struggled to contain the domestic fallout (terrorism and terrorist attacks) until the decision under Sharif & Sharif to clean out all of FATA.

The Afghan's can't even control large swathes of their own country so their support for terrorist groups like the BLA, TTP etc is going to result in far more carnage being wreaked in Afghanistan than any damage they could inflict on Pakistan.

Yawn!! Whats new?
Ohh same old Afghani crap.

Back to sleep

I've said this before - the Afghan's can't afford to play this game.

Pakistan, with many magnitudes more resources, a much, much stronger, disciplined and better funded military and intelligence, with decades of institutional memory and experience from working with the CIA against the Soviets in Afghanistan, still struggled to contain the domestic fallout (terrorism and terrorist attacks) until the decision under Sharif & Sharif to clean out all of FATA.

The Afghan's can't even control large swathes of their own country so their support for terrorist groups like the BLA, TTP etc is going to result in far more carnage being wreaked in Afghanistan than any damage they could inflict on Pakistan.

Insert 'India' in place of 'Pakistan' and 'Pakistan' in place of 'Afghanistan' and everything you said holds true.

Still, Pakistan is a nuisance for India. A reasonably big nuisance.

My point is, Afghanistan's nuisance value to Pakistan can be raised if the powers-that-be decide to.

If a common Afghani gets diarrhea, does he blame Pakistan for it that as well. :crazy:

Regardless who was involved, the question remains a tanker truck was able to drive around Kabul passing checkpoints without being thoroughly checked that's hundreds of police/ soldiers.

Whether or not the truck blew up once it was being thoroughly checked will probably be unknown.

Insert 'India' in place of 'Pakistan' and 'Pakistan' in place of 'Afghanistan' and everything you said holds true.

My point is, Afghanistan's nuisance value to Pakistan can be raised if the powers-that-be decide to.

We can't "insert" Pakistan in place of Afghanistan since Pakistan is definitely not Afghanistan.

Wrong analogy and comparison. :)

The analogy doesn't work. The Pakistani and Indian military and intelligence institutions are evenly matched in terms of institutional strength, discipline and experience. The only area India has an advantage in is funding (the gap in resources between India and Pakistan is nowhere close to the gap between Afghanistan and Pakistan) and the funding disparity is largely inconsequential when it comes to working with 'non-state actors'.

Furthermore, Pakistan has clearly demonstrated (since Zarb-e-Azb) that it has the resources and ability to clamp down and control insurgencies and terrorism. Afghanistan on the other hand continues to struggle despite massive amounts of foreign economic and military assistance.

Afghanistan's ability to be a 'nuisance' to Pakistan is only resulting in massive amounts of chaos and destabilization in Afghanistan itself, given the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

The analogy doesn't work. The Pakistani and Indian military and intelligence institutions are evenly matched in terms of institutional strength, discipline and experience. The only area India has an advantage in is funding (the gap in resources between India and Pakistan is nowhere close to the gap between Afghanistan and Pakistan) and the funding disparity is largely inconsequential when it comes to working with 'non-state actors'.

Furthermore, Pakistan has clearly demonstrated (since Zarb-e-Azb) that it has the resources and ability to clamp down and control insurgencies and terrorism. Afghanistan on the other hand continues to struggle despite massive amounts of foreign economic and military assistance.

Afghanistan's ability to be a 'nuisance' to Pakistan is only resulting in massive amounts of chaos and destabilization in Afghanistan itself, given the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

Afghanistan lost 6800 troops in just year 2016. That is equal to all Pakistani military casualties since past 10-11 years. 253 were killed in Mazar e Sharif attack alone this year in 2017.

And here people want to insert Pakistan in place of Afghanistan. :)

Back
Top Bottom