What's new

Jinnah Class Revealed

It can't be something the size of Nasar. At least Abdali size or may be Ghaznavi size..
Jinnah class doesn't seem to have the space to carry even one missile of that size.
My assumption/guesswork about the missile is quoted below
NOTE: Following post is completely based on ASSUMPTION formed after reading about number of possible systems, which could be used as base for Ship Based AShM and Land Attack Missile

In my Opinion the term "Long range" in Previous Naval Chief Speech was referring to something greater than 280 KM but less than 999 KM or in more simpler way we could assume something in +450 KM range.

Closest analogy of P-282 as an Anti-Ship Missile could be SM-6 IB missile which with larger rocket motor is capable to achieve hypersonic velocity. In AShM role it is equip not only with Active Radar Guidance but with GPS guidance

So a Missile which may be little heavier than SM-6 IB let say in category of +2,000 Kg with warhead of around 200-250 Kg and approximate length of 6-7 m with suitable diameter of let say less than or equivalent to 0.5 m should be capable enough to achieve + 450 KM.

Any such system might not be a pure ballistic missile system but could be similar to Quasi Ballistic CM-400AKG AShM

Yea, except the previous CNS said, "in the hypersonic domain, ship-based long-range anti-ship land-attack P282 ballistic missile is under development"
Yes, he said that I know that.
I have reasons to believe that few of the things were deliberately mentioned in a twisted pattern in this speech.
I doubt the "ballistic" part.
what I believe he was saying that AShM of Jinnah class was wrongly labeled as P-282, it may me the SMASH but could not be Ballistic Missile in slanted launchers.
Its a nice theory that P282 and P282+ are different missiles but share the same relationship as Brahmos 1 and 2 share with each other.

Pakistan should go for more then 20 main ships and at least in duct four destroyers either like Type 52 D or Turkey TF 2000

View attachment 772219

you need to be an Economic power first to afford such toys, it’s not just initial Acqusition cost which are much low but operational and training and support and sustainment cost which are higher

wish list should match the country economy 😉

JINNAH , Class Frigate will be a beauty :pakistan: :turkey:

Seems to have sufficient weaponry
  • Anti Ship
  • Anti Air
  • Anti Submarine

It is a Total Package , something we need a ship better then OHP Class , modern Locally manufactured ship we can rely on to enhance and grow. The OHP did not come with All Gadgets so we need to fill the gaps where they exist

Unsure why it would be tied to Milgem Delivery Schedule it is a unique project, would be nice if we can get this ship along with Milgem Units

Difference between 16 VLS or 32 VLS is not that much of a big deal we can easily get x4 Jinnah Class to compensate in future

Remains to be seen how Turkey will enhance their Production Capacity

Last edited:
So, seems like Jinnah's class might be a Light Frigates similar to F-22Ps.

AshBM if comes in 2025-27,( as this is probably time span of Jinnah class also),then it will be a formidable missile in sha Allah.Navy has enough time to develop it so they will also keep Brahmose 2 in mind.

As for now Babur class corvettes with SMASH (if it comes) and CAMM ER are enough to counter IN Barak and Brahmose.

Hypersonic missile from these tubes how on earth that is going to work ? What I have heard all my life is that Hyper Sonic missile is attached to a ballistic missile. First Ballistic missile takes it to some speed then Hyper sonic missile separates from the body and then goes on to hit the target.

Land based ?

you need to be an Economic power first to afford such toys, it’s not just initial Acqusition cost which are much low but operational and training and support and sustainment cost which are higher

wish list should match the country economy 😉
Pakistan's plan include at least 14 to 16 submarines in future. If you can have 16 submarines in your fleet then for sure you can have at least 4 to 6 Destroyers.

First the weapon, and in time multiple platforms, including on shore, on ship, and below the sea, nuff said.
Are there any plans to set-up Space Force or equivalent, so a Space Based platform ? I know it's off topic, apology for that ( Mods )

Was wondering if we ever had ships named after Pakistani provinces?
Imagine if we had a Pakistan Class with ships named
PNS Balochistan
PNS Gilgit Baltistan
PNS Junagarh
PNS Khyber Pakthunhua
PNS Kashmir
PNS Punjab
PNS Sindh

Are there any plans to set-up Space Force or equivalent, so a Space Based platform ? I know it's off topic, apology for that ( Mods )

.........nuff said.
Was wondering if we ever had ships named after Pakistani provinces?
Imagine if we had a Pakistan Class with ships named
PNS Balochistan
PNS Gilgit Baltistan
PNS Junagarh
PNS Khyber Pakthunhua
PNS Kashmir
PNS Punjab
PNS Sindh

Capital ships......

Perhaps the larger tonnage ships mentioned by previous chief to get to 20 ship fleet by 2030 is based on 6 Jinnah class ships on top of 4 Ada make sense you need numbers of locally build as most of prevoius attempts were just show pieces of 1
Or two ships or subs

Ship looks like 3600 - 3800 tons category warship.
An enhanced Babur class to say the least.

2X ASROC, 1X76mm, 16X VLS SAM, 4X2 AShMs, 1X CIWS, 3X2 TTs (of course), and flight deck (10+ tons?)

I was expecting 4000+ class warship with 24 VLS and 16 AShM :D

Still, for it's weight category, class and role, it's sufficiently equipped.

This is SAAR 6 or Israel navy. Even though it is just 1900 Ton ship.. yet it's weapons package is second to none. Why can't we atleast have a quad pack 16 cell Vls on 3300 ton Jinnah with 12-16 AShM ? Even if Jinnah doesn't have quad pack, comparing to Saar 6, it should atleast have a 32 cell VLS. We should had quad pack Vls on even Babur.

Screenshot_2021-11-16-19-55-49-308_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-16-19-55-38-786_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom