What's new

Jf17 and Mig 35 remain the only options being evaluated for increasing interest: Argentine air force

Every jet in USAF arsenal uses Martin Baker seats. UK can easily veto the deal.

Have you seen how much the British are begging Americans for a trade deal ever since they left the EU?

Translation would be appreciated :D
Since both use same engine
Argentine can also go for a mix of two
MIG for deep strike bombing with only russian Chinese systems

Jf for cost effective air defender ground support aircraft

Like f15+16

And with jf options of western systems also available like Italian Turkish

Since both use same engine
Argentine can also go for a mix of two
MIG for deep strike bombing with only russian Chinese systems

Jf for cost effective air defender ground support aircraft

Like f15+16

And with jf options of western systems also available like Italian Turkish
That would be an option if they had money. Also there are apparently 5 aircraft being reviewed according to the Argentine govt.

*Barring a handful.
Collins Aerospace to upgrade U.S. Air Force F-15 fleet with ACES 5® ejection seats

Collins Aerospace ACES 5 seat provides MIL-HDBK-516C safety while meeting Government requirements to include a qualification schedule planned within Air Force program objectives and equal or lower life cycle costs. Most recently, the seat was selected for the U.S. Air Force’s T-7A Red Hawk trainer.
ACES 5 has already been selected for the T-7A Red Hawk, and will also be installed on the F-16, F-22, B-1, and A-10 fleets.

Hardly a handful

Collins Aerospace do f16 ejection seats. They have a model for the F16.
Yeah I forgot about Collins and Raytheon, my bad.

ASHM may be a requirement but cost will be more important.
I think AShM will be one of the justifications the Argentinian government will make to convince the general public.
The Argentine airforce has traditionally flown western origin aircraft and will not switch easily
Agreed, but since every door is closed, they'll have to go to a different house.
Also the requiremnt is for SUPERSONIC aircraft
Those LIFTS I mentioned (Yakolev, L-15, Aermacchis and others) are supersonic in theory.

Chile has a comparatively massive air force by comparison
Who has a relative mastery over the F-16 platform.

And AFAIK they don't have the capability to launch AMRAAMs, and the best BVR they have in their arsenal has a range of 50KM.

What I'm trying to say is, if US doesn't allow Chileans to have BVRs, they definitely won't let Argentinians. So what's the point of buying an asset your rival already has?
A Block 3 JF-17 outguns the Chilean F-16 from the box.
Collins Aerospace to upgrade U.S. Air Force F-15 fleet with ACES 5® ejection seats

Collins Aerospace ACES 5 seat provides MIL-HDBK-516C safety while meeting Government requirements to include a qualification schedule planned within Air Force program objectives and equal or lower life cycle costs. Most recently, the seat was selected for the U.S. Air Force’s T-7A Red Hawk trainer.
ACES 5 has already been selected for the T-7A Red Hawk, and will also be installed on the F-16, F-22, B-1, and A-10 fleets.

Hardly a handful
F-18, F-35, T-38, Goshawk, T-6 Texan II. Quite a few aircrafts have the MB seats.

Last edited:
Have you seen how much the British are begging Americans for a trade deal ever since they left the EU

Yeah, but I don't think it's fair to equate the two. US will always swoop in to save UK's hide. They've been doing that since WW1

Yeah I forgot about Collins and Raytheon, my bad.

I think AShM will be one of the justifications the Argentinian government will make to convince the general public.

Agreed, but since every door is closed, they'll have to go to a different house.

Those LIFTS I mentioned (Yakolev, L-15, Aermacchis and others) are supersonic in theory.

Who has a relative mastery over the F-16 platform.

And AFAIK they don't have the capability to launch AMRAAMs, and the best BVR they have in their arsenal has a range of 50KM.

What I'm trying to say is, if US doesn't allow Chileans to have BVRs, they definitely won't let Argentinians. So what's the point of buying an asset your rival already has?
A Block 3 JF-17 outguns the Chilean F-16 from the box.
The Chileans requested the C7 AMRAAM in 2009 and were approved.

The Chileans requested the C7 AMRAAM in 2009 and were approved.
My bad, again.
Only in the 10 newer Block 50s, not the MLUs. If I remember correctly.
My bad, again.
Either way, points still stand. Why buy something your rivals know inside out.

Here this may help your lack of knowledge

Of course things aren't black and white, US had its reasons to join WW1, completely in its self interests. But the result was it saving UK. Same in WW2, same in Cold War, same in giving assistance during Falklands.

My bad, again.

Either way, points still stand. Why buy something your rivals know inside out.
MLU's will be able to use the AMRAAM (the aircraft were ex RNAF aircraft and were MLUd by them. )
The reason for Argentina to buy it would be this COST COST COST. The FAF will get Western jets and a vast boost to capability at a relatively low cost. It will not cause any foreign policy headaches. The US can sell the Argentines the syetems as they have already done so with Chile so no regional instability will be caused. Politics will trump capability of the aircraft in this matter.

MLU's will be able to use the AMRAAM (the aircraft were ex RNAF aircraft and were MLUd by them. )
The reason for Argentina to buy it would be this COST COST COST. The FAF will get Western jets and a vast boost to capability at a relatively low cost. It will not cause any foreign policy headaches. The US can sell the Argentines the syetems as they have already done so with Chile so no regional instability will be caused. Politics will trump capability of the aircraft in this matter.
Yeah good luck getting 12 F-16s, their training, spares, upgrades, armament and the whole lobbying and whatnot under $600 Million.
Yes you are right, politics will play a role, but then it can go both way as well. After all, Argentinian government has to sell their narrative to the people as well. And regardless of where the Chilean and Argentinian rivalry is, Falkland for them is a raw nerve.
And if Chinese are desperate to make space in South America, they'll definitely counter the American bid through subsides or more flexible funding options.

Yeah, but I don't think it's fair to equate the two. US will always swoop in to save UK's hide. They've been doing that since WW1

They will swoop in to save them but what you are asking for is not saving them. the UK has 0 leverage on US.

Back
Top Bottom