What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

What is it, 300kg or 300lbs? you know they two different measures.

View attachment 609750

So all the green color skin are
Composite and in B model there is more composite compared to single seater to reduced weight B model normal take off weight is about 300 pounds more than a single seater ~9000 kg vs 9300 kg pretty good as there is additional cockpit plus seat and pilot weight included also more fuel so taking out mechanical flyby wire and more composite did the job
Just 300 lbs is nothing

What is it, 300kg or 300lbs? you know they two different measures.

Normal take off weight is ~9000 kg or ~20000 lbs with full internal fuel and wingtip missile only not sure about gun ammo which is not a big number anyway and max ~13500 kg or ~30000 lbs

Empty weight is ~6400 kg or about ~14500 lbs

That's not an inlet. That is a vortex generator.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_generator

IMG_5600.JPG

So you need a cover ?

read your post (that i referred to) again

Normal take off weight is ~9000 kg or ~20000 lbs with full internal fuel and wingtip missile only not sure about gun ammo which is not a big number anyway and max ~13500 kg or ~30000 lbs

Empty weight is ~6400 kg or about ~14500 lbs

Aircraft is flying at high altitude, that contrails is coming from the engine as the warm air exiting comes in contact with cold air outside
What a shame. The carefully designed LERX and wing roots of Blocks 1 and 2 that resulted in a circumspect contrail were a hallmark of the Thunder and contributed to its low observability. I hope this contrail we are seeing is just an edge case and not the normal occurrence.

Aircraft is flying at high altitude, that contrails is coming from the engine as the warm air exiting comes in contact with cold air outside

That would imply leftover water vapors in the engine exhaust. An alternate explanation is a higher bypass ratio setting in the new control software. In any case, the contrail is not desirable.

Such contrails are visible for jet engined aircraft in what is known as the Contrail Belt i.e. at altitudes b/w 25000ft to 40000ft.

Back
Top Bottom