What's new

JF-17 Thunder still under evaluation by the PLAAF

right but But whay are they investing so much if JF17 is not good enoughf for china air force the ah alot of finace and plus it can also replace there large fleet of F7 an other 3 gen fighter jets i think they are wating got Block2 version it would be 4.5 gen may be with some plus feature then as 4.5+++ and they would induct it JF17 block 1 is good light weight fighter but its hardpoints is holding it back JF17 should atlest have 9 hradpoints and one dedicated for pods WS13 would take to long to get mature.

The whole idea of the JF-17 is cost effectiveness, Please understand that concept first then you shall understand why the JF-17 program is going as it is.

can we built a good fighter jet our selfs ?
can we finance a JF17 fighter jet our self and built it?
i dont think soo we would ha built JF17 our self like in 20 years and would have the some story as LAC
china as invested in it not to make money make pakistan china relasion ship strong and they will use JF17 for them selfs if the other contries are willimg to buy it whay not china
I don't think so PLAAF weill ever go for JF-17...

One of the most imp reason is terrain..

The airfield are located at tibet and other high altitude... JF-17 can't carry the load at such a high terrain...even j10 finds it difficult to carry high payload from such high altitude. PLAAF has her won valid reasons.

Fairly presumptuous of you and how highly incorrect.
The JF-17 was tested at Skardu which lies on the same level as the airfield in tibet. The perforamnce was much better than satisfactory.
Please state facts or assumptions that can be attributed with some faith as being possible.
I cant comment completely on the Tejas.. and I doubt you have any authority to make concrete statements on the JF-17.

The PLAAF is interested in the Jf-17 for this reason as well, as it allows it to have a light attack capability that the Q-5's could not give from those locations.

The reason why the PLAAF is not immediately getting the Fc-1 is the same reason why it is not being exported.
Most of the PLAAF light fleet is new, their F-7G fleets are younger compared to our mirages and their Q-5's are also younger.
Their most outdated equipment was becoming their early J-7,J-6 and J-8 interceptors which were targeted for replacement by J-10's,J-11's while their strike element which previously was all based on the Q-5 has been upgraded by Su-30MKK's.
The final niche for their light multirole fighter will be filled by the FC-1 when the rest of the fleet upgrade is complete.

What would you rather drive if money is not a constraint.. One BMW or 3 Toyota Corollas ?? ;)

Bhai jan it depends what is my requirement ... If I need more then one car in this budget I surely go for Toyota as per my requirement as I don't want a style statement in fact I want a utility ... But If want to do some aiyashi I may go for BMW ...

Going a bit offtopic here, what happened to the Serbian evaluation of JF-17, any info on that yet?

Going a bit offtopic here, what happened to the Serbian evaluation of JF-17, any info on that yet?

Nothing more than what is on that thread.
I personally think it was "interest" and not evaluation.
Brochures perhaps since Serbia is interested in rebuilding its military but does have the funds to do as it wishes.

heard they had put 1 billion euros for a squadrons of aircrfts..
jf-17 does have a chance there..lets see whats happen

i think we would see atleast 100 aircrfts in PLAAF once there newest F-7 are retired in next 5 years.

cthose who think Fc-1 has no place due to range should understand that china has to defend its coastal cities where such issues as range are not important.

Fairly presumptuous of you and how highly incorrect.
The JF-17 was tested at Skardu which lies on the same level as the airfield in tibet. The perforamnce was much better than satisfactory.
Please state facts or assumptions that can be attributed with some faith as being possible.
I cant comment completely on the Tejas.. and I doubt you have any authority to make concrete statements on the JF-17.

The PLAAF is interested in the Jf-17 for this reason as well, as it allows it to have a light attack capability that the Q-5's could not give from those locations.

It is a well established fact that 4 out of 6 contenders were not able to performed satisfactorily at leh and ladhak region of india during evaluation which also included F-16 and Superhornet. As per your own admission jf-17 is a cheap effective solution. I highly doubt plaaf will compromise on this imp aspect in indo-china scenario.

jf-17 is as cheap as LCA which i am sure would perform excellent.
point is its cheap because its indigenous and fact that Chinese stuff are cheaper than either russia or america. an export value would definitely be in 30 million range, which by russian standards isnt cheap..thats why mig29 is seriously contending jf-17

I think russian equipment/engine would do good in high altitudes, as we designed it ourself we had all points in our mind.

one reason why contenders didnt performed well in all environments of india is because neither of one were designed by india itself

one reason why contenders didnt performed well in all environments of india is because neither of one were designed by india itself

Other than Gripen, everyone performed in all environment of India. Gripen failed its tests in Ladakh.

Other than Gripen, everyone performed in all environment of India. Gripen failed its tests in Ladakh.

Who said that ? Only F18 failed its test in Ladakh - there are reports that even Mig had problems - not sure if its related to Ladakh. Gripen in fact was very successful in Ladakh.

The only reason Gripen got disqualified is because of Radar technology.

Who said that ? Only F18 failed its test in Ladakh - there are reports that even Mig had problems - not sure if its related to Ladakh. Gripen in fact was very successful in Ladakh.

The only reason Gripen got disqualified is because of Radar technology.

F-18 was rejected mainly on the ToT issue, it never had any problems throughout.

And as far as Gripen is concerned, they failed to bring in the NG version to India for evaluation, and bought the C/D variant. Its lower thrust engine failed to perform at higher altitude and hence disqualified.

It is a well established fact that 4 out of 6 contenders were not able to performed satisfactorily at leh and ladhak region of india during evaluation which also included F-16 and Superhornet. As per your own admission jf-17 is a cheap effective solution. I highly doubt plaaf will compromise on this imp aspect in indo-china scenario.

What aircraft? MMRCA contenders?
How does their performance compare to the JF-17's.
How does the JF-17's COST EFFECTIVENESS take away from its capabilities?

What aircraft? MMRCA contenders?
How does their performance compare to the JF-17's.
How does the JF-17's COST EFFECTIVENESS take away from its capabilities?

come on dude.... you get what you paid for..

American jets are proven one still they failed at high altitude. The assumption that you are taking is aakash can beat Ipad.

come on dude.... you get what you paid for..

American jets are proven one still they failed at high altitude. The assumption that you are taking is aakash can beat Ipad.

No.. assumption you are taking is that if Aakash is bad for its cost so must all others be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom