What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

You are still not listening---. There is not you "two" left in the world---. There is a plethora of enemies around maybe 50---60---70 miles away.

Getting on six means that you are entirely focused on getting behind the enemy and you have used all your resources and energies to get behind the enemy---and while doing so have made yourself a target as well---.

From your post and posts of others---I can guarantee that none of you guys have ever had a target lock or a target affixiation---I have been thru it and i can tell you with a guarantee---you hear nothing---and you see nothing else other than maybe 20 degrees maybe 30 degrees in front of you---. All your peripheral vision is gone---all you listening capabilities are gone---you only see the 'fish' in front of you.

Now---you want a cannon for a dedicated ground strike aircraft---okay---that is understandable---no denying that---. But to put one on a air superiority fighter---is a wastage of space and load---.

With all due respect, I think there is something you don't want to accept (I am sure you know it) that in this forum majority is of people (like me) who are here because of their interest and don't have good technical knowledge and not related to forces. So there comments needs to be treated like that meanwhile you respond and expect everyone like they are experts and when you see a childish post or reply you respond bluntly. You are an expert but not everyone in this forum. Little humble and polite reply as a teacher / senior expert would be something Mr. The Eagle is talking.

Regarding Gun use, what I learned from your and others post is that, for fighters use as multirole, it's better to have gun pod meanwhile air superiority fighters can use that weight with something better. Am I right?

By the way how much weight and space this gunpod takes?

Last edited:
Regarding Gun use, what I learned from your and others post is that, for fighters use as multirole, it's better to have gun pod meanwhile air superiority fighters can use that weight with something better.

Hi,

Possibly way over 250 KG or more---.

With all due respect, I think there is something you don't want to accept (I am sure you know it) that in this forum majority is of people (like me) who are here because of their interest and don't have good technical knowledge and not related to forces. So there comments needs to be treated like that meanwhile you respond and expect everyone like they are experts and when you see a childish post or reply you respond bluntly. You are an expert but not everyone in this forum. Little humble and polite reply as a teacher / senior expert would be something Mr. The Eagle is talking.

Regarding Gun use, what I learned from your and others post is that, for fighters use as multirole, it's better to have gun pod meanwhile air superiority fighters can use that weight with something better. Am I right?

The gun on the JF17 weighs 50 kilos plus weight of ammo. Total weight 90kg

RD93.jpg
f404.jpg

Very interesting data,RD33 has better performance than F404 at high speed and high weight

Back
Top Bottom