What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Come on, by that logic, the JF-17 would be be ahead of the F-35 but the MiG-21 will be way ahead of the JF-17, since it was already combat proven at a time, the JF-17 was not even in its infancy.

Hi,

Look at this proven system---.

Now as a white guy may have written this---the Rafale becomes proven---and proven against what---???

At least the JF17 came across 3 1/2 and 4th gen aircraft---.

" The Rafale has already proven itself in three different wars. In Afghanistan, it performed numerous ground strikes against the Taleban, sometimes with GBU-12 Paveway II bombs used against Taleban caves. In Libya, it successfully evaded Qaddafi’s woefully obsolete 1960s-vintage Soviet air defense systems and led the fight against his regime. Most recently, in Mali, the Rafale flew long distances to perform strikes against Islamic insurgents".

You are comparing two different generation of jets with different combat philosaphy
Bear in mind gripen and fc-1 have been develpod for the same purpose and are both 4th gen.
Their combat role are similar to an extent .fc-1 was developed with the capabilities of gripen in mind .

I know, but why should one aircraft be better, ahead or whatever you call it - within the same generation - only since one was used in combat and the other one not? That's a lame argument.

Hi,
... If a WHITE ANALYST had stated that---you would be okay with it---.

And plaese do me a favour and leave this white, black, muslim or whatever BS ... regradles who rates aircraft by this system is wrong.

There are so many "while" analysts I rate big idiots in the same way Minnie Chan from the SCMP is plain stupid or do you rate her reports more reliable only since she is a Chinese?

I know, but why should one aircraft be better, ahead or whatever you call it - within the same generation - only since one was used in combat and the other one not? That's a lame argument.

And plaese do me a favour and leave this white, black, muslim or whatever BS ... regradles who rates aircraft by this system is wrong.

There are so many "while" analysts I rate big idiots in the same way Minnie Chan from the SCMP is plain stupid or do you rate her reports more reliable only since she is a Chinese?

Yes exactley there is no 1 vs 1 in reality its but you analogy was a bit off and I never expected you to say such a childish reasoning.
Aircrafts work together with their supporting elements and not some kind of game..

I request senior posters to refrain from bringing race, color, religion into a technical thread. Two senior posters have been targeted thrice in space of a few posts and that is just deplorable.

No doubt, Rafael is good system but examples qouted above to prove its capabilities are against inferrior and old systems. A plane must prove itself within same class and against modern AD systems.

We wish to see comparative features and some extra punch in FJ 17-Block-3 to tackle with upcoming Rafael in IAF.

Retired now.

Baji Sahiba,

Aap tau palak jhapaknay mein safaiya kar deti hein---. Pharka diya---.

man-playing-dhol-picture-id132676286

No doubt, Rafael is good system but examples qouted above to prove its capabilities are against inferrior and old systems. A plane must prove itself within same class and against modern AD systems.

We wish to see comparative features and some extra punch in FJ 17-Block-3 to tackle with upcoming Rafael in IAF.
Funny thing is...jf17 has proved itself in combat and still we question the PAF and its strategy. Do u not think that when PAF is designing its future aircraft it takes threats into consideration. Sitting at home judging and demanding answers wont get answers. Much of what PAF does remains a secret and rightfully so. That's why we can surprise the enemy in broad daylight

Hi,

If the cannon is removed---a mount can be added on each side for a BVR missile along with center line---. So---3 bvr's in the middle---2 on the wings makes it 5

The reservoir for the cannon shells and belt can be used for either a small fuel tank or other electronic module---.

Hi,

If the cannon is removed---a mount can be added on each side for a BVR missile along with center line---. So---3 bvr's in the middle---2 on the wings makes it 5

The reservoir for the cannon shells and belt can be used for either a small fuel tank or other electronic module---.
You just keep going on about removing the cannon. Frankly that's a waste of time and I am willing to argue that. Have you not heard about repeating the mistakes of the past?

You just keep going on about removing the cannon. Frankly that's a waste of time and I am willing to argue that. Have you not heard about repeating the mistakes of the past?
that was past, vietnam / korean era is stone age by the technology level of mordern times.

cannons have a limited use and would deplete the ammo in one burst even if in a rare case of today's warfare the enemy jet does come in the shooting rage of a JF-17 cannon
the dead weight of cannon can be substituted for a probe or an off bore short range missile

that was past, vietnam / korean era is stone age by the technology level of mordern times.

cannons have a limited use and would deplete the ammo in one burst even if in a rare case of today's warfare the enemy jet does come in the shooting rage of a JF-17 cannon
the dead weight of cannon can be substituted for a probe or an off bore short range missile
what about its use for warning shots and CAS...most of interceptors will need this..

what jf17 needs is CFTs and better engine(93ma) so it can use the other 2 hard points for SD10s rather than fuel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom