What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

oxiRKvq.jpg

Not sure what are we looking at ?

Maybe some sort of stealthy weapon store tanks .. Just like the F18 concept ??

Very interesting development. this adds a semi stealth fact to JFT just like SH F/A 18. a very cheap way of entering near stealth plain market

Where did u got this pic from

Semi stealth version of JF-17 just like F-18 .
Picture confirm the development of stealth version of JF-17 .

I spot IRST

Presented by the JF-17 fans for Sino-Pak friendship at the end of Zhuahi Airshow 2016.....

In defence-blog : Azerbaijan seriously rekindles its interest in purchasing JF-17 Thunder aircraft and most probably in 2017 a significant deal would be reached regarding the issue.

-It seems the 2017 is Very important year for Jf-17 project.

-But one important question, Export version of Jf17 use Rd-93 engine or WS-13E engine ?

On Pakdef it has been reported with reference to Jane's that "RSAF is looking to invest and procure 155 JF-17 Block III with wide array of Chinese, Russian, South African and British weapons". (credit: H Khan)

take it with a grain of salt just like the AK MBT deal with KSA a few years back.

In defence-blog : Azerbaijan seriously rekindles its interest in purchasing JF-17 Thunder aircraft and most probably in 2017 a significant deal would be reached regarding the issue.

-It seems the 2017 is Very important year for Jf-17 project.

-But one important question, Export version of Jf17 use Rd-93 engine or WS-13E engine ?

AFAIK the RD93 export license has no limitations.

Should not be too long. My only thought is whether they would wait till 23march for the "token" first flight. But it should be about ready any day.
A
It was supposed to have its first flight by the end of last year with first unit delivered in April 2017. Someone would've spotted it at Chengdu had it been flown. I am getting impatient.:frown:

It was supposed to have its first flight by the end of last year with first unit delivered in April 2017. Someone would've spotted it at Chengdu had it been flown. I am getting impatient.:frown:
exactly that's what i heard too.

True for Myanmar, not so for Nigeria per se.

However, supplying weapons also creates leverage and that can be useful.

I am conflicted in case of Myanmar, because I can not overlook their help in evacuation of our personnel after Dec 1971. But it really hurts to see them persecuting Rohingya Muslims. In any case there is a great deal of pressure on Myanmar, and JF-17s are unlikely to be used against civilians. If anything JF-17s are invaluable to Myanmar particularly for their anti-Navy weapon suite.

It will allow Pakistan some influence on them and with Chinese support we may be able to bring relief to Muslims there.

so we have completed approx 33 jets from block 2, this year for sure block 2 production will be completed

Back
Top Bottom