What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
rd-93MA, dark toned nozzle, ws-13 has two patterned nozzle, and rd-93 is wellknown. Note that dimensions in all three are pretty similar.

RD33outputontherise.jpg

ws-13

WS-13.jpg

rd-93

936006_197062053811345_1744929987_n.jpg

more on rd-93MA
Take-off Magazine : RD-33: output on the rise

Hi guys,
I read a few tread back that PAC can produce a fixed number of JF17s yearly/monthly, so I want to know if they are currently operating at full speed (if at all), so by that what would be the total number as of today?

rd-93 ma left, ws-13 right

Vg0UB.jpg

ws-13

View attachment 26394

if they have put ws-13 on pt-04, what are the chances to see ws-13 in block 2 rather than block 3!. and rd-93 MA is another interesting development with its vastly improved thrust. if its ready PAF should definitely try for RD-93MA

rd-93 has black nozzle, ws-13 has two toned petals
Do you think PAF will encourage WS13 integration ASAP when its testing is complete....... or wait.
It will probably be the first time PAF will use an engine that has not been produced and used en masse before.

Top speed is something not well understood. How long does it take to get from 0.6 M to the Max 2.2? I can say a lot longer then most think. One travels long distance and huse lots of fuel. And one needs to be clean. I mean special fueltanks or even better no fuel tanks. Certainly not a2g... Flying that gast one needs altitude... And what about countering sams? Flying that fast means not able to counter anything.

So using the max speed as important variable is not perfect

A high sustained rate of climb would perhaps be more important in practicality, wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom