What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. The WS-13/17 is expected around 2016.

Yup. But expect more time. We still dont have a Mach 2.0 plus machine in our arsenal. We need twin engined jets and it will be inevitable in the future. If the WS series works through then our headache of acquiring Chinese twin engined jets will be a lot less.

Clearly to be seen the newly added antenna on the back (yellow)....

I think it is the link with the ZDk03. I know that the block 1 (the first 50 planes) does not have any link. Since the block 2 will have that I guess the are testing an older frame so that later on PAC can upgrade the first 50 with standard procedure.

I think it is the link with the ZDk03. I know that the block 1 (the first 50 planes) does not have any link. Since the block 2 will have that I guess the are testing an older frame so that later on PAC can upgrade the first 50 with standard procedure.
7B6Qp7q_zpsd9284e13.jpg

the one popping upward in the middle is the datalink antenna. So there is a reason to believe that some data link might be present. But what kind? is debatable.

7B6Qp7q_zpsd9284e13.jpg

the one popping upward in the middle is the datalink antenna. So there is a reason to believe that some data link might be present. But what kind? is debatable.

The one in the middle is Rohde und Shwarz UHF/VHF communication antenna. You can see that on the PAF Mirages, F7's, C130 and even or Turkish F5 or their Awacs... Not a link... Voice communications.

The one in the middle is Rohde und Shwarz UHF/VHF communication antenna. You can see that on the PAF Mirages, F7's, C130 and even or Turkish F5 or their Awacs... Not a link... Voice communications.

Encrypted Voice communications I believe since it's a SDR?

@Oscar your previous posts led me to believe Rohde SDR was a main data link hardware. But Munir post implying otherwise. So additional hardware will be installed in JF-17 for data links?

Last edited:
Encrypted Voice communications I believe since it's a SDR?

@Oscar your previous posts led me to believe Rohde SDR was a main data link hardware. But Munir post implying otherwise. So an extra set of equipment will be installed in JF-17 for data links?

Indeed encrypted. I thought that is normal in military aviation. I am pretty sure we do not have links in the system we are using right now. It is basically F16a with only WVR and dumb bombs. Block 2 will be jumping tnear block50 (not the plus).

Yup. But expect more time. We still dont have a Mach 2.0 plus machine in our arsenal. We need twin engined jets and it will be inevitable in the future. If the WS series works through then our headache of acquiring Chinese twin engined jets will be a lot less.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the F-16 and the F-7 are both Mach 2.0 birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom