What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encrypted Voice communications I believe since it's a SDR?

@Oscar your previous posts led me to believe Rohde SDR was a main data link hardware. But Munir post implying otherwise. So additional hardware will be installed in JF-17 for data links?

Nope, R&S are the tactical radio, the data link is different. the R&S Radio is a SDR(and my own rating of it is pretty poor in terms of voice clarity when compared to Have quick series on the F-16).
R&S®M3AR Software Defined Radios (Rohde & Schwarz - Products - Secure Communications - Software Defined Radios)
The system's offer for a datalink may not have been considered because of bandwidth considerations(and security).

As are the Mirages, in fact the French air craft is a Mach 2.2 machine. Having said that the twin engine F/A18 for example only has a top speed of Mach 1.8.
Top speed is something not well understood. How long does it take to get from 0.6 M to the Max 2.2? I can say a lot longer then most think. One travels long distance and huse lots of fuel. And one needs to be clean. I mean special fueltanks or even better no fuel tanks. Certainly not a2g... Flying that gast one needs altitude... And what about countering sams? Flying that fast means not able to counter anything.

So using the max speed as important variable is not perfect

Top speed is something not well understood. How long does it take to get from 0.6 M to the Max 2.2? I can say a lot longer then most think. One travels long distance and huse lots of fuel. And one needs to be clean. I mean special fueltanks or even better no fuel tanks. Certainly not a2g... Flying that gast one needs altitude... And what about countering sams? Flying that fast means not able to counter anything.

So using the max speed as important variable is not perfect

Besides in this day and age, when missiles can travel at Mach 5+, the aircraft speed becomes only symbolic as agility and countermeasures become more essential into it's survival. Consistently Maintaining the given Mach number is also not possible, the likes of MiG-25 Foxbat could only give short bursts at Mach-3.

Besides in this day and age, when missiles can travel at Mach 5+, the aircraft speed becomes only symbolic as agility and countermeasures become more essential into it's survival. Consistently Maintaining the given Mach number is also not possible, the likes of MiG-25 Foxbat could only give short bursts at Mach-3.

And after that it needed desperately 2 new engines. Indeed. It is all about DRFM at the moment.

The antenns in Turkey..

IMG_0014-1.jpg

And our Mirages....

PAFMirageIIIIFR13.jpg

Last edited:
Any news on when the next Squadron of JF17 thunders is joining Pakistan Airforce this year?

As are the Mirages, in fact the French air craft is a Mach 2.2 machine. Having said that the twin engine F/A18 for example only has a top speed of Mach 1.8.

The wing span of F-18 affects its speed ... F-18 wings are more flat, straight and wide as compared to F-16, JF-17 etc.

See the engine nozzle, suggests it is being tested with ws-13

Chinese engine nozzles are more like western accounts, having shiny metallic touch. Even the Al-31's Chinese copies have different nozzles.
It is black and dull, its simply the RD-93.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom