JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mirage 2000 c engine in JF 17?

Discuss.. :coffee:

M53-P2

Pakistani developed IRST pod 2 decades before

27197413007637811754742.jpg

^ I brought it up, because I read somewhere that this was a possibility for the thunder. Probably the cancelled French deal.

As far as technology goes old is gold. ( old doesn't mean it's a bad engine )

Produces 95 kN of thrust with after burners. How it will suit the thunder of course is debatable.

I do agree however that moving away from the west is a good idea. They can stop the flow of spares anytime.

Great discussion.

^ I brought it up, because I read somewhere that this was a possibility for the thunder. Probably the cancelled French deal.

As far as technology goes old is gold. ( old doesn't mean it's a bad engine )

Produces 95 kN of thrust with after burners. How it will suit the thunder of course is debatable.

I do agree however that moving away from the west is a good idea. They can stop the flow of spares anytime.

Great discussion.

it can be gold or diamond, but thats not the question, will it be sufficient in numbers ? no it wont . & the most important question is what about the life expectancy of this engines after serving the mirage lll/V for nearly 3 decades how many hours of life expectancy are left there ? the answer is not much & insufficient so think before posting such immature suggestion
a better suggestion would have been if possible we should try our hands on reverse engineering of the mirage engines , expand & setup an engine making plant & fighter jet engine related R&D's at PAC kamra with Chinese assistance

it can be gold or diamond, but thats not the question, will it be sufficient in numbers ? no it wont . & the most important question is what about the life expectancy of this engines after serving the mirage lll/V for nearly 3 decades how many hours of life expectancy are left there ? the answer is not much & insufficient so think before posting such immature suggestion
a better suggestion would have been if possible we should try our hands on reverse engineering of the mirage engines , expand & setup an engine making plant & fighter jet engine related R&D's at PAC kamra with Chinese assistance
Lmfao! You think I'm actually suggesting to put old engines in new JF-17s?
If a person posts f100 engine + JF 17 that doesn't mean it's happening or a suggestion, but simply a discussion.
This is a discussion forum and I'm simply discussing.
Instead of your childish rants and attempts to put me down simply discuss like an adult not as a child by making fun of the poster.

Relax I was just trying to get more information about the engine.
I'm pretty sure if the French avionics deal went through they weren't going to put 30 year old engines in.

Singapore Airshow 2012: China sees JF-17 exports 'within five years:

Author:
James Hardy- Asia-Pacific Editor, Singapore:

Last posted:

2012-02-16

China is aiming for major exports of the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC)/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder aircraft over the next five years, the president of the China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC) commented at the 2012 Singapore Airshow on 14 February.

Ma Zhiping said that China expected to sell up to 300 of the multirole aircraft to "Middle East and African" countries in the next five years. The platform, which China co-builds with Pakistan, is significantly cheaper than Western or Russian alternatives while providing a similar capability.

Ma compared the single-engined JF-17 to the single-engine Lockheed Martin F-16, saying that "for the same capability we can compete on price". The JF-17, costing around USD30 million, is perhaps more comparable to the Boeing F-15 Strike Eagle, which costs about USD100 million per unit.

China has yet to enter a fighter aircraft in an open competition. If it does achieve overseas sales of the JF-17 beyond Pakistan, it will likely achieve them through a direct military sale.

it was reported in November 2011 that the Pakistan Air Force programme team at PAC in Kamra are finalising the design for the Block 2 version of the JF-17. The main features of the next iteration of the aircraft include a new advanced avionics suite and an air-to-air-refuelling capability, as well as the development of a two-seat variant. There is also a new version of the aircraft's China Electronics Technology Corporation (CETC) KG300G electronic warfare suite that expands the coverage of its frequency band.

CATIC also believes it can make substantial sales of the L-15 single-engined light attack fighter, which it also produces and markets as an advanced jet trainer. Ma said that six countries had tested the L-15 and he expected its first export sale this year, perhaps at November's Xuhai Airshow. "We'll have an international contract this year," Ma said.

The L-15 is in the same class as the Korean Aerospace Industries T-50 - also on the export market as a light fighter as the T/A-50 - and the Alenia Aermacchi M-346.

China's burgeoning unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) industry is also seeking export customers, with CATIC again highlighting the medium-altitude, long-endurance Wing Loong UAV at Singapore. Reportedly cleared for export since 2009, the Predator-class UAV was developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Design and Research Institute and is in service with the People's Liberation Army, according to Ma.

Ma added that the UAV, which has an operational ceiling of 5,000 m, range of 200 km and endurance of two hours, had attracted interest from "traditional customers", predominantly African and Middle Eastern countries looking for next-generation capabilities on a budget.

IHSJ

With the present security situation, I do not expect PAF to be forthcoming with details of newest developments. The third squadron is probably functional, but PAF has not announced it as of yet. Notice the drying up of most leads from PAF about any developments.

The best we can do as of now is to base opinions on chatter and an odd sighting or too. PAF is doing its job, which is not to keep us fanboys well-supplied with gossip.

With the present security situation, I do not expect PAF to be forthcoming with details of newest developments. The third squadron is probably functional, but PAF has not announced it as of yet. Notice the drying up of most leads from PAF about any developments.

The best we can do as of now is to base opinions on chatter and an odd sighting or too. PAF is doing its job, which is not to keep us fanboys well-supplied with gossip.

Finally a conspiracy theory with a positive spin :)

first batch of 50 (51) completed a while ago, most likely October/ November 2012, now concentration is focused on blk 2 first batch induction which is expected by mid - late 2013. Formal induction ceremony is likely to occur in a month or two.

first batch of 50 (51) completed a while ago, most likely October/ November 2012, now concentration is focused on blk 2 first batch induction which is expected by mid - late 2013. Formal induction ceremony is likely to occur in a month or two.

Thats very good news.
The wheels are turning....

^^kindly go through the thread.. even going 5 to 10 pages back would give u ur answer.. its just been answered too many times here..

would it not be more practical (makes more sense to me anyway) to replace the mirage VPA3s at masroor with IFR equipped (a.k.a block-II) JF17s.. would give them more loiter time over the waters and even extend their range to hit targets further via refuellers..

so if PAF is going along these lines and some members reporting the next squadron going to masroor, maybe PAF has absorbed the remaining block-I fighters into the No.16 and 26 squadrons (with reportedly all having been produced) and raising the next squadron of JF17s consisting of Block-IIs. it could be the reason for the delay in the raising of the next squadron.

can we get some pics of the induction also a bit more info about the blk 2 progress its been a while we we saw new
jf-17's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom