What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely!

Blk 1 is also IFR compatible, due to a new weapon system induction with plenty of work to be done, they kept the IFR for blk 2 instead of blk 1.

If they can stuff IFR in a 40 year old Mirage when the need was felt, why cant they do the same on blk 1? Just when need arises.

Precisely!

Blk 1 is also IFR compatible, due to a new weapon system induction with plenty of work to be done, they kept the IFR for blk 2 instead of blk 1.

If they can stuff IFR in a 40 year old Mirage when the need was felt, why cant they do the same on blk 1? Just when need arises.

Dude what are the design limitations of the JF-17 ? Which is to say at what point in time would further payload upgrades be not possible without a radical redesign of the original concept ?

Dude what are the design limitations of the JF-17 ? Which is to say at what point in time would further payload upgrades be not possible without a radical redesign of the original concept ?

Guess is, 200% stress load was tested on this frame, so more goodies may be added in later batches. New engines are already being tested.

I think newer, more powerful engines, more hard points, or as Oscar said dual carriers for upto 6 BVRs and some infusion of FLIR/IR on the aircraft rather than as a pod will significantly enhance JF-17. I hope it can get AESA as well.

Orange is a highly visible colour and always used in sea survival applications. If a jet decides to take a dip in the blue, orange helps to locate and rescue Pilots.

deep blue would look much better than orange uniform

deep blue would look much better than orange uniform

the color have more to do with utility then with aesthetics

Orange suite in sea survivability courses and even in maritime missions ensure that the rescue helicopters/teams can spot the downed man in sea easily. Orange color will be easily visible from distance. On other hand, a man in deep sea blue jacket drowning in sea will probable go down unnoticed.

the color have more to do with utility then with aesthetics

Orange suite in sea survivability courses and even in maritime missions ensure that the rescue helicopters/teams can spot the downed man in sea easily. Orange color will be easily visible from distance. On other hand, a man in deep sea blue jacket drowning in sea will probable go down unnoticed.

that means he will be easily visible to be spotted by the attacking enemy fleet n their Helos as well as A/C and will be killed or taken as a POW.

that means he will be easily visible to be spotted by the attacking enemy fleet n their Helos as well as A/C and will be killed or taken as a POW.

such chances will be minimized...
well orange means we are telling PN pilots that you would be shot down.....:unsure:
it is a bad effect on thinking power...
They should be convensed that they have to fullfill their mission and return...
no second option to be killed...
soo I prefer Blue...
or if bright clr is required than light green would be cool...
in those uniform they look like guyzz on shell petrol pump to me..:rofl:

321458_520322957989649_1923234897_n.jpg

And black smoke ruined the pic.

But IFR's were installed in Mirages too? Can't they be installed in BLK 1 like mirage installation

@Mafia I think the smoke is coming because of the rockets being fired.

what's your guess, is it from safron bandit exercise?

Smoke is from Gun being fired..
There are no rocket lauchers visible

OH Common man :hitwall: You all are seniors .... Can't u differentiate b/w a PS & real image ?
Its a PS people.
1 - Why Flares are going upward, while dispensers were located downward ! In fact, there are no Flare dispensers in JFT at the moment.
2 - Landing gear bay doors are opened ?
3 - I see complete figure of the panther ?
4 - No hardpoints, while it is firing rockets !
5 - Guns don't smoke like this. I can show many pictures.

The jet is taken from Dubai Airshow.

Last edited by a moderator:

dear this is SOP.
what you suggest hide him from enemy eyes by camouflage and let him drown?

Life is important then the machine.

Anyways, have to guys noticed the undervaluation aircraft also use bright color schemes.
since its a JF-17 thread so:
images

dear this is SOP.
what you suggest hide him from enemy eyes by camouflage and let him drown?

Life is important then the machine.

Anyways, have to guys noticed the undervaluation aircraft also use bright color schemes.
since its a JF-17 thread so:
images

No @Arsalan, that is not the reason. That aircraft is not fully painted yet. Prototypes are left like that so that any superficial surface distortion or damage etc in proving flights can be quickly noticed.

The color shade is coincidental, it matches Zinc Chromate primers which are used as a substrate for further coatings.

You are correct about the rest, its better to ensure that a pilot survives (even as a POW) than to let him just perish.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Common man :hitwall: You all are seniors .... Can't u differentiate b/w a PS & real image ?
Its a PS people.
1 - Why Flares are going upward, while dispensers were located downward ! In fact, there are no Flare dispensers in JFT at the moment.
2 - Landing gear bay doors are opened ?
3 - I see complete figure of the panther ?
4 - No hardpoints, while it is firing rockets !
5 - Guns don't smoke like this. I can show many pictures.

The jet is taken from Dubai Airshow.

JF-17_flares-pt-04-01a.JPG

This is a PS. And yes JF-17 does have flares which was discussed and proven long back - multiple times.

Ya Sure. I would agree to that just for the sake of the thread. Plz don't start it again .. plzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom