What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i Disagree See almost all the new fighters have seperate FBW screen .... so in jf17 u have to change the channel suppose to see payload than u cant see FBW level ... Ok seriously That is really important in my opinion that JF17 should have a small on right mid before hud a screen for FBW!!

NO... The f-35 does not, the Gripen does not.. Its not a necessity.
Those fighters that do have separate Attitude indicator displays have smaller LCD's as well.
the JF-17's large LCD's have a lot of room to display multiple data.
The idea is to Reduce the pilots needs to look all over the place for situational data.. not have him bouncing his eyes around from screen to screen.

Just take a look at that picture.. to the left the pilot sees his flight data long with engine status.. that keeps him apprised of EVERYTHING he needs to know about his aircraft.
The center screen offers sensor data and merges them into a single display.. therefore everything he needs to know about his aircraft mission input and readiness is there.
The right one holds the moving map .. which also has threats and other important SA data superimposed on it. The pilot now knows what is going on in the fight.
The left and right displays can be swapped.. whichever the pilot is comfortable with.

This is the trend for future fighters.
f35-cockpit.jpg

Not increasing clutter.

Im really happy to announce that Jf17 Block 2 will have 5000kg of External Payload and currently it is 4650kG of payload which well enough and with ejector racks it will make it carry 2 missiles in one Hard Point !! so Who Ever thinks that Jf17 AtoA payload is 4 Sd10's and 2 Sraams Think again IF war Comes u will see it carry atleast 6 Sd10's and 2 Sraams
interesting !! but still we have to see duel rack for SD10s on our JFT ......already the Duel rack snaps of JFT with Free Fall Bombs is available but nothinh abt Duel rack SD10s or the SRAAM .....
Hopefully we shall see some of Duel rack snaps when the BII comes out !!!!!

No i Disagree See almost all the new fighters have seperate FBW screen .... so in jf17 u have to change the channel suppose to see payload than u cant see FBW level ... Ok seriously That is really important in my opinion that JF17 should have a small on right mid before hud a screen for FBW!!

Look at the Right side MFD.it has full color display like Rafale,Gripen,Su 35,rafale,EFT.i didnt knew this before,,i thought LCA and JFT both dnt have full color display bt JFT has full color display

Just Recently came to know that JFT has ful color display on cockpit MFD's like Gripen,Rafale,EFT,Su-35,F-16 unlike our neighbour LCA which dnt even have ful color display and talking high about AVionics/Elta jammers
Proud of my cute JFT
cockpit4.jpg

Lol, my little delusional kid.

What MFD has to do with Jammers or Avionics or Electronic countermeasures?

Another News To share IS JF17 has DAS WHICH HAS THE CAPABILITY TO Evade At some what instance " ALL KNOWN RADARS " (airborne) it's EW suite is inboard at the top tail which protects it in 360* coverage !! According Paf Official the EW was used against the F16 Block 15 ocu and result was EW of JF17 was again again cancelling the f16 lock on Jf17 furthermore it did so good performance that if even block 52+ lock can be cancelled but a lil more time than old f16 would take .

Another News To share IS JF17 has DAS WHICH HAS THE CAPABILITY TO Evade At some what instance " ALL KNOWN RADARS " (airborne) it's EW suite is inboard at the top tail which protects it in 360* coverage !! According Paf Official the EW was used against the F16 Block 15 ocu and result was EW of JF17 was again again cancelling the f16 lock on Jf17 furthermore it did so good performance that if even block 52+ lock can be cancelled but a lil more time than old f16 would take .
if what u say is true than the real test ll be against PESA or AESA that the opposing forces are employing.

I would again say that PAC and CAC have the chance to use composite along with IFRB(retractable one) as well as RD-93B in PT-6 which they didn't more over after it successful flight test they can go for the dual seat one for the first block-I and can produce it in numbers like 100 in phase one, also some 30-50 dual seat for Risalpur as a LIFT in phase one then continue to produce with the available blocks.

I am thinking composites might be low on the list … … I could be mistaken … … but if you consider that they want an affordable but capable plane, it should be cheaper to have the RD-93 give you an extra tonne of thrust than remove a tonne of weight off the plane. Klimov are already advertising 96kN (or is it 98kN?) on the RD-93. I bet you, this makes more economic sense that redesigning and using composites.

I would again say that PAC and CAC have the chance to use composite along with IFRB(retractable one) as well as RD-93B in PT-6 which they didn't more over after it successful flight test they can go for the dual seat one for the first block-I and can produce it in numbers like 100 in phase one, also some 30-50 dual seat for Risalpur as a LIFT in phase one then continue to produce with the available blocks.

at mianwali for OCU

if what u say is true than the real test ll be against PESA or AESA that the opposing forces are employing.
Electronic warfare / ECM is An seperate counter measures in jf17 on tale it has nothing to do with JF17's KLJ-7 Pulse Doppler radar so i think It can be used against PESA or AESA

Electronic warfare / ECM is An seperate counter measures in jf17 on tale it has nothing to do with JF17's KLJ-7 Pulse Doppler radar so i think It can be used against PESA or AESA

As a starting point, I believe the internal jammers on the JF-17 are based on BM/KG 8601/8605/8606 radar jammers . See BM/KG 8605/8606 smart noise jammers (China) - Jane's Avionics and BM/KG 8601/8605/8606 radar jammers (China) - Jane's Radar and Electronic Warfare Systems

Description
Over time, the Southwest China Research Institute has developed a range of airborne, self-protection, radar jamming systems for fixed-wing aircraft applications. Of these, the BM/KG 8605 is noted as operating in the I/J-band (8 to 20 GHz) and as being a smart noise jammer that produces a hybrid output that incorporated elements of both noise and deception modulations. The BM/KG 8606 equipment is reported as operating within the I-band (8 to 10 GHz) and as making use of orthogonal and dual circularly polarised jamming techniques. Both BM/KG 8605 and KG 8606 are described as being configured for integration with chaff/flare dispensers. BM/KG 8601 type repeater jammers are reported as operating in the E/F- (2 to 4 GHz) and G/H- (4 to 8 GHz) bands and as being suitable for strike and fighter/bomber aircraft applications. BM/KG 8601 repeater jammers are noted as having a high power output, minimal repeater delay times, threat management through radio frequency channelling, a wide antenna coverage and multijamming techniques

I should have a bit more info and will post in the evening.

Some Pix of the the JF-17 Model i took in Cadet College Hassan Abdal.

Apologies for the low quality [light was bad]

Me and my Thunder.

copyjft.jpg

SAM_0476.JPG

SAM_0474.JPG

SAM_0473.JPG

SAM_0472.JPG

SAM_0466.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom