What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
price issue is very simple but memebers are getting confused.
The base line cost is approx 18-19 million for the first deal for PAF ( 42 aircrfts for 800 million).
Today, adding inflation of approx 6-8% for 4 years and upgrades cost , we expect the price to be somewhere around 25 million.

now these figures are for PAF, export customer will have to pay at least 4-5 million more.

nabil-
Work on JFT EW began in Pakistan even before other avionics, WMMC, radar, MFDs etc. The reason for asking French for a customized version of SPECTRA that i disclosed here was because we, and Chinese, are already working on similar technology, advanced algorithms to significantly reduce incoming threats, RCS, heat plumb etc. This EW system is ready to be tested and will be incorporated in second batch onwards. It is not as complicated as SPECTRA but significantly reduces the threat to JFT. Even current block has a better version of complete EW, very similar to what the Chinese J-10a uses, SE-2 (JFT Missile Approach & Warning System) is absent in J-10a but visible in J-10b, J-11b etc. I can tell u that JFT has least RCS among all PAF fighter fleet inventory, cant go any further on this .
If you look closely at DSI shape, you will notice that they are designed as a blunt, engine covering surfaces, yet they provide ample airflow to the engine at very high Angle of Attack. They play as much role in JFT's agility as does its LERX and Digital FBW. Particularly to reduce/absorb radar rays in an efficient manner (its no way near stealth). Its surface is as rounded as it could be done. This plays a pivotal role in reducing the frontal RCS. Also, the engine is not visible through DSI and one has to see closely to locate engine blades. Its heartening to see how it has evolved..

Its airframe is designed to pull 9Gs. Zhuhai performance confirms this although it was less than what it can do in real combat scenario. Instantaneous as well as Sustained turn rate is higher than the f-16 for sure judging from airshow videos even though it was at around 400-600 kts at best. It is showing more promise than, at least i thought, for a main stay fighter. Other day, i saw praise for it on an Indian forum which is a rare event indeed.

It has pushed to 9Gs more than 2 dozen times during PAF trials since 2008-2010 and its airshow performance is an ample proof of this. Regarding rd-93, neither it is under powered nor the most powerful around and it gives JFT the ability to make vertical climbs even at nominal speeds. Those quick turns and climbs are more than a proof of its strong airframe capable of sustained 9G performance. I recommend you to see the JFT Zhuhai videos closely and repeatedly, concentrating on every turn and maneuver and especially those long smoke, moisture trials seem attached to the wings almost every time it maneuvers, to understand what i am talking about. Not everything can be proved on a public forum, having a little improvisation with rational thought never hurts.

Smoke is only visible when throttle is pushed which results in access fuel in the engine chamber which results in smoke and this is the case with all turbofans out there including the Pratt & Whitney, GE, Snecma, RDs, Salyuts etc to name a few , notice the smoke only comes out when the aircraft is in need of thrust otherwise there is no smoke trail. Educate yourself on how the aircraft engine works than argue.

For those who think JFT has mechanical controls in roll or yaw, watch the Zhuhai videos to see its FBW performance especially low speed roll after recovering from vertical climb. It revolves on its own axis and maintains position, instead, if you look at Mirage or f-7, they lose their actual position while rolling. F-16 also rolls similar to JFT.

35 PAF engineers part of JFT development team from the beginning of project. They didnt go there to watch and learn, but to contribute their share of expertise, the idea of DSI, extended lerx, ecm housing, full glass cockpit, high performance mission computers (we have been using them on ROSE mirage and F-16s for many years and we got tremendous boost to our avionics development capability by contributing with French, Italians for last 15 years) quad fly-by-wire, all in pt 04, is the brainchild of our engineers..

For JF-17 Kamra.

• S9100 Test Station.
• S8862 in Circuit Test Station.
• LASAAR Software. M/s Teradyne, USA
2 Development tools for JF-17 Kamra. M/s Windriver, USA.
3 Power Generators 150KVA M/s FG Wilson, UK
4 Load Cells M/s Futek, USA.
5 Standby Batteries M/s Hawker, Enersys France.

After reading the above discussions i find difficult to hide the JFT RCS i came to know, but let me just say for now, it is the most difficult aircraft to spot on the radar in PAF inventory at the moment and this includes the blk 52 too! No exaggeration here, plain facts..

PAF tested both ALQ131 and KG300G on JFT. the latter was found more efficient and supports more jamming modes, algorithms having true multiple mode jamming capability. It comprises of a mixture of Chinese, Israeli and Russian jamming technologies and is based on all digital circuitry. First entered service in 1997 and since than improved twice over its service life in Chinese Arm Forces, next variant is considered in the class of more advanced jammers/ ecm pods available in the world today.

Without going into details, JFT's KG300G, internal jammer has proved itself as a very efficient multi band jamming sensor and will make JFT a hard nut to crack in intense combat scenarios..

what happend to the 3rd squadren which was to take place in Feb.....delayed again..??

any news abt it..??

what happend to the 3rd squadren which was to take place in Feb.....delayed again..??

any news abt it..??

Speaking of squadrons I was just looking at my old google earth place marks(and we all know Google Earth is no benchmark of activity but still) it seems odd that JF-17's are not as visible at their bases as just a while ago. I mean only one visible jf-17 at kamra and none where they are actually stationed.I remember seeing more than a few at kamra and peshawar just out side their bunkers and even on the tarmac only a short while ago. May be my eyes are playing tricks on me or PAF has improved Camo techniques.

But if I have made correct observation then Is it due to some revised SOP or austerity measures or just plain luck?

Single engine
4gq71e.jpg

4gq71e.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but how come the JF-17 has a greater combat radius than the F-16
What am I missing ?
Photo courtesy: farhan_9909

4gq71e.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but how come the JF-17 has a greater combat radius than the F-16
What am I missing ?
Photo courtesy: farhan_9909

This data is very much INAPPROPRIATE. I see too many errors like, JF-17 Speed and a 4+ gen fighter, LCA Super Cruse & Mach 2.2, F-16 range .. etc

more like the JFT B model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom