What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contribute a couple of million dollars to the program.. it might just happen.
Such a system uses a lot of space for Cooling.. how will that be done with the JF-17's nose?

Almost 10millions are contributed to the JFT II over JFT I 15millions

ten millions are alot of money

Almost 10millions are contributed to the JFT II over JFT I 15millions

ten millions are alot of money

so if blk 1 is for 15 million, then why is blk 2 for 25 million?

You are right, 10 million dollars in addition is quite a lot of money.

I hope that 10 million is not jut used in avionics and radar. I hope to see some of: structural changes i.e with conformal fuel tanks, new engine, composite use, IFR probe, IRST, AESA radar...:woot:

Hard points
1-Pl-5EII
2-2xMk82
3-2xSD-10B
4-drop tank
5-2xSd-10B
6-2xmk82
7-Pl-5EII

4xBVR=800kg
4xmk82=900kg
1 drop tank=900kg
2xpl-5eii=300kg

total=2900Kg
f16 has 7000kg of payload but i havent seen it carrying even 5000 kg of weaponry .... can u tell me anyway that if the 4 bvr's, 4 mk82 and 2 pl5 can be carried and still gonna have a great performance cuz i heard sometimes plane cant do good maneuvers with loads of payload ?

f16 has 7000kg of payload but i havent seen it carrying even 5000 kg of weaponry .... can u tell me anyway that if the 4 bvr's, 4 mk82 and 2 pl5 can be carried and still gonna have a great performance cuz i heard sometimes plane cant do good maneuvers with loads of payload ?

4 BVR, 2 PL-5, and 4 mk-82 is a joke all at once. If we are defending, then only missiles are needed, not bombs like MK-82... That heavy payload IMO all together could be used if we are looking to strike in our enemy's land, for special missions. I doubt we can afford to do that against India right now. I'm not sure about the maneuver part though...

That depends from Plane to plane.. The F-18 Superhornet does all its airshows with two missiles and two JDAms. Its a show of the plane's performance. The F-16 has G limits imposed on it depending on the amount of load its carrying and its FLCS is adjusted with that rating. So a fully loaded F-16's is computer limited in its roll and pitch rates by its computer.

4 BVR, 2 PL-5, and 4 mk-82 is a joke. If we are defending, then BVR is needed, not MK-82 bombs... That heavy payload IMO all together could be used when we strike in our enemy's land, for special missions. I'm not sure about the maneuver part though...

You are missing the point completely.. the ability to carry Mk-82's in lieu of potent air to air weaponry shows the aircrafts ability to defend itself while carrying out a mission. And "defense" is not just fighting BVR in the air...It could involve close air support for the Army , an Anti-ship strike.. and an offensive counter air strike to slow the enemy's advance down..
All for defense.

Im not getting you?? :confused:

BEIJING:

Pakistan hopes to take delivery within the next six months of 50 JF-17 fighter jets manufactured jointly with China, Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar said on Friday during a visit to Beijing.

Mukhtar made the comments on the sidelines of a meeting between Chinese President Hu Jintao and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.

“We think there is a good deal,” said Mukhtar, who put the price of each JF-17, or Thunder, aircraft at $20-25 million “as compared to $80 million for the F16”, a US-built jet also used by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

China to expedite delivery of 50 fighter jets to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

the 2nd batch cost 25millions per JFT and we know the JFT I for pak cost even below 15million.

so those 10millions must have few goodies in it

JF-17Thunder061-2.jpg

Contribute a couple of million dollars to the program.. it might just happen.
Such a system uses a lot of space for Cooling.. how will that be done with the JF-17's nose?

With due respect, if you say couple million dollars......and it actually turns out to be "couple" million dollars...then it is very cheap for Pakistan....considering we would get our hands on AESA system!!!

Close.. those 10 million buy you an IFR probe, updated avionics.. costs of R&D..and production line changes. All of that comes in those 25 million.
the R&D for avionics might cost only for the first time
Production line changes are almost the same.
IFR probe wont even cost 0.3Million alone

i suspect those greater use of composite things are coming true

there must be new avionics as 10 Millions is a huge amount

Italian
And Can be very easily bought from italy
Also IT is a small radar wont need alot of nose redesigning
scaled.php

Italian
And Can be very easily bought from italy
Also IT is a small radar wont need alot of nose redesigning
scaled.php

That radar could be prone to sanctions given the fact it has European technology

The Vixen 1000ES radar is a wide field of regard system optimised for multi-role/ swing role operations. The system features comprehensive mode suite for both A/A and A/G including interleaved operation, ensuring high availability and reliability. The Vixen 1000ES, a collaborative programme with SELEX Galileo, SAAB Microwave and SAAB Aerosystems, builds on established technology from the European leaders in AESA radars and has a clear route map to future capability.

That radar could be prone to sanctions given the fact it has European technology

The Vixen 1000ES radar is a wide field of regard system optimised for multi-role/ swing role operations. The system features comprehensive mode suite for both A/A and A/G including interleaved operation, ensuring high availability and reliability. The Vixen 1000ES, a collaborative programme with SELEX Galileo, SAAB Microwave and SAAB Aerosystems, builds on established technology from the European leaders in AESA radars and has a clear route map to future capability.

May be.
Bt all over f-7/mirages has Grifo S radar from italy under TOT.manufactured at Karf.its been 20 years we are doing it bt even after teh N test they done nothin

beside this we have bough Spada sam system recently from italy and Falco UAV co-production
Italy is a reliable partner
and there were news that Pak has been offered the italian vixen AESA.

May be.
Bt all over f-7/mirages has Grifo S radar from italy under TOT.manufactured at Karf.its been 20 years we are doing it bt even after teh N test they done nothin

beside this we have bough Spada sam system recently from italy and Falco UAV co-production
Italy is a reliable partner
and there were news that Pak has been offered the italian vixen AESA.

That is true i was reading that on wiki about the Project Rose deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom