What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the future prospects of another joint venture?

I think the possibility is high.

The reason for this is because the Sino-Pak friendship is tested by time and it is unshakable.

Sino-Pak cooperation has been a important experience for both nations. Increased cooperation could only bring benefits and no disadvantages.

This as a result would also bring Sino-Pak relations even closer and stronger.

I think the PAF wants to enhance the JF-17 Thunder, under the project designation as the JF-Thunder 2.

So I would presume this would be the next Sino-Pak cooperation.

I think the possibility is high.

The reason for this is because the Sino-Pak friendship is tested by time and it is unshakable.

Sino-Pak cooperation has been a important experience for both nations. Increased cooperation could only bring benefits and no disadvantages.

This as a result would also bring Sino-Pak relations even closer and stronger.

I think the PAF wants to enhance the JF-17 Thunder, under the project designation as the JF-Thunder 2.

So I would presume this would be the next Sino-Pak cooperation.

Are you aware of next fighter requirements or what it could probably have?
Would it include design changes.. or a totally new 5th generation concept?

Are you aware of next fighter requirements or what it could probably have?
Would it include design changes.. or a totally new 5th generation concept?

I am not sure about the requirements, but I think it would revolve around the F-22.

The F-22 would probably serve as a base for other countries to produce 5th generation jets.

I don't think the JF-17 Thunder 2 would be 5th generation as I believe China is still inexperienced.

China is currently attempting a 5th generation fighter under the designation J-XX.

Some rumours states that the J-XX is actually two parallel projects. One is the enhanced version of the J-10 known as the Super-10.

The other project would be in the F-22 class.

The JF-17 Thunder is truely a good fighter.

This shows the results of good Sino-Pak cooperation.

China appreciates Pakistan's contribution to the project and hopes this fighter would enhance the PAF capabilities.

Is China inducting JF-17? Last time i heard, PLAAF rejected it. Any updates on that?

Is China inducting JF-17? Last time i heard, PLAAF rejected it. Any updates on that?

I think people should use common sense while judging different contents in the areas of defence.

Why would i spend 50% of my investment in something, where i wouldn't get nothing out of it?

But i think you should just wait, to see it. ;)

Webby i too havnt read anything that stated PLAAF was to induct JF-17. When there is so much news going around abt PAF getting them, why the same enthusiasm isnt mentioned wrt PLAAF?

Is 250 million really something today's China, flush with over a trillion dollars in reserves, would be concerned about? If they can afford to, would it not be likely that they induct only the J-10, SU-30's etc.?

Obviously when the program was initiated their economic situation was not what it is today, and perhaps a lack of interest in the aircraft now is only because they have the money to spend on more expensive toys?

JF-17/FC-1 was always considered as an export JV to offer as replacement for the 2nd and 3rd generation fighters which are now getting obsolete. remember all nations cannot afford 4th and 5th gen fighters, so a big 3rd world market will be available and the JF-17/FC-1 will be a attractive proposition (cost effective) for them to buy from china.

I am not sure whether China would induct the FC-1.

This is because China has the J-10 and would prefer to induct those over the FC-1.

This is understandable since the J-10 is indigenous and more superior and satisfies the needs of the PLAAF.

However, I still think China would possess a batch of FC-1 for other purposes and roles.

I concur with the above.....I think the JF-17 as more upgradability than say the J-7 and will probably replace a large chunk of them (when the older airframes are retired) Due to the large number of aircraft required, the JF-17 would be a better option due its lower cost.

I've noticed something recently with the Chinese procurement practices. They're not ordering any more new batches of 2nd rate toys.

I've noticed something recently with the Chinese procurement practices. They're not ordering any more new batches of 2nd rate toys.

And what would you classify as a second rate toy? After all of you look at tank procurement it is not likely tht the only tank will be the type 99. the lower spec type 96 will fill out most of the tank units.

I concur with the above.....I think the JF-17 as more upgradability than say the J-7 and will probably replace a large chunk of them (when the older airframes are retired) Due to the large number of aircraft required, the JF-17 would be a better option due its lower cost.

I agree with this, China would probably induct the FC-1 to replace older fighters currently in the PLAAF inventory.

This would contibute to the modernisation goals of the PLAAF.

I agree with this, China would probably induct the FC-1 to replace older fighters currently in the PLAAF inventory.

This would contibute to the modernisation goals of the PLAAF.

I dont think China will take JF-17. I think PLAAF is looking to J-10 and J-11 to replace ageing j-7s.

And what would you classify as a second rate toy? After all of you look at tank procurement it is not likely tht the only tank will be the type 99. the lower spec type 96 will fill out most of the tank units.
38 and 39 GAs will be flushed out with the 99. Those are the main heavy units of any concern. The non-RRF units, most noteably those brigades facing south are receiving the 96 but thus far, the LZ MR has not received any of the 96s and with the movement of the 39 back away from Korea, it would seemed that the 99 may be destined there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom