What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Murad, In addition to what you said and if India really place order for its new jets in US pocket and as you said it perhaps will prove last nail in the couffin of Indo-Russia relationships and considering the fact that Russia is re-surging.
I guess Indian defense relations with US will also taint Pakistan's trust and faith on US.
In order to gain US trust India might have to pass some further litmus tests on issues like Iran.
In this way India will be lone power in the continent aligned with US and will become totally isolated from any road links to the entire continent.

My question is does this geographical isolation also have any strategic impact, specially when India will be sitting in one corner.
Can this be also dangerous for Pakistan by any means because I see India the most probable place of any proxy war between Russia-US or China-US in both cases Pakistan and Afghanistan has fair chances to get engulfed in hostile situation.

Yeah that is the 2008 PAF Calender, humm why did they put their water Mark on the photos.

They put the watermark because they scanned it :P, joking aside Usman may have got the images directly from the DPR-PAF.

Hi,

The jobs that pakistan does for the US, not many other countries will do for the US. Does the U S really need india----not as much that india would want the world to believe. But it has to maintain its game face and do the make belief. Only if india could swap its geographical position with pakistan, then truly india could be an irreplacable ally. But pakistan being where it is, it will not lose its position of strength, the only thing that would happen would be that U S would want to pro long its stay a bit longer.

They would still want to keep pakistan in their block, otherwise russia would like to come back sooner rather than later. It would be comming with a different game face---not that of millitary but that of economics. Pakistan, afghanistan, iran, the ex russian republics and russia itself-----americans didnot know what they wre getting themsleves into. There is so much confusion going around in the american barracks. They are truly clueless at this time---they don't have any clear picture of what to do now.

America is facing some major problems at this time, George W would not want to compound upon the issues by picking up sides.

the SCO (russia, afghanistan, CIS, china) with iran and pak as observes is evolving into a military grouping as NATO starts to expand its influence into asia. heard of NATO-East?. well US wants india and pak as part of Nato-East plus Thailand, malaysia and singapore to counter china. so the great game is on!!!

webby-nice pic thx but should have used a local scenery background.

webby-nice pic thx but should have used a local scenery background.

I couldn't find any picture. If you find, send me. I will do it. I would prefer minar-e-pakistan or quaid-e-azam ka maza in the scenery.

wilco! as soon as possible

How far are we from solving the smoke issue regarding the RD-93? It was mentioned in some other forums aswell as wikipedia that it is reduced to some extent but not completely. Having smoke coming out from the engine wouldnt it will make the IR signature more visable to enemy SAM in hostile area and also in air to air combact.
There is another news that RD-93b is being developed by russia with added thrust. This shows that russia although indirectly but does not want to let go the engine contract from their hands for the JFs. As it seems clear that as china does not want to induct the plane for now and only pakistan will do so means that the engine is developed keeping pakistan in view. A question rises here that if it is indeed like i stated above, then why cant pakistan go in direct negotiations with the russians over the engine issue, secondly why does pakistan want more thrust added to the engine? The plane can achieve mach 1.8, its not underpowered in any way, the rate of climb is very impressive, so what benefit will the more thrust engine give?

icecold- the smoke (exaust) issue according to my knowledge is solved. RD-93B may possibly be the VT (variable/vector thrust) technology. pls correct me if my info is wrong?

icecold- the smoke (exaust) issue according to my knowledge is solved.

Thanks sir for the info.

RD-93B may possibly be the VT (variable/vector thrust) technology. pls correct me if my info is wrong?

Well sir there wasnt any info about it to be TV. All it mentioned was that 10% more thrust is being added to it. Anyhow i'll try to dig out more, see what i can get about this engine.

Regards

IceCold

icecold- the smoke (exaust) issue according to my knowledge is solved. RD-93B may possibly be the VT (variable/vector thrust) technology. pls correct me if my info is wrong?

I think thats the RD-33MK used on the MiG-29K/35, not the RD-93B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom