What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

Although as an outsider and being with no evidence, I still think it is quite possible and the delivery could come with JF-17 Block III. PL-10's long shooting range and infrared imaging seeker is extraordinarily lethal and I hope JF-17 can get some of them. Another solution could be developing a new PL-5 variant with an imaging seeker as PL-10 might be too heavy to JF-17.

I actually think that block III should prioritize integration with PL-15 so that it could take advantage of the range advantage of the KLJ-7A radar.

Hello all...………..
Speed up JF-17 block III please and Stealth Colour on all of block IIIs make them more deadly...……

MK, This has been a 3 decade struggle involving hundreds of professionals at different stages which is still in progress. Besides don't forget Russian timely assistance which is still an essential rrquirement. Perhaps this is why 2nd aircraft was conveniently dropped-off from the press conference!!
Madam ,,,,,, Interesting read...……. Thanks a lot :enjoy::cheers:
Madam , one question , Can PAF use Stealth colour coating(RAM) on JF-17 Block III and will that help ? Just like USA and China did wither their 4++ Gen birds

Last edited:
Hello all...………..
Speed up JF-17 block III please and Stealth Colour on all of block IIIs make them more deadly...……

Madam ,,,,,, Interesting read...……. Thanks a lot :enjoy::cheers:

I am not sure what is stealth colour or may be your referring to radar absorbent material, however that wont help much unless the plane is designed to be stealth which is no easy feet.

I am not sure what is stealth colour or may be your referring to radar absorbent material, however that wont help much unless the plane is designed to be stealth which is no easy feet.
Yes I mean RAM …….. Just like F-15 and Chinees Jet...….. Yes we need some extra changes to make it pure stealth but what about Only RAM...….. How much will this help...…………. RAM on fuel tanks and payload …..

Yes I mean RAM …….. Just like F-15 and Chinees Jet...….. Yes we need some extra changes to make it pure stealth but what about Only RAM...….. How much will this help...…………. RAM on fuel tanks and payload …..

Its a very complicated thing, the plane is designed keeping that in mind and radar absorbing paint/material is one part of it. Its not as simple as painting few bits here and there.

Its a very complicated thing, the plane is designed keeping that in mind and radar absorbing paint/material is one part of it. Its not as simple as painting few bits here and there.
You did not answered the question , I know it is complicated ………. I am sure F-15 was also not designed ,,,, to keep that thing in mind,,,,, but R&D and they changed it, they made it work...……
My question is simple ……. Can RAM work ? and How much will it help ?????????

You did not answered the question , I know it is complicated ………. I am sure F-15 was also not designed ,,,, to keep that thing in mind,,,,, but R&D and they changed it, they made it work...……
My question is simple ……. Can RAM work ? and How much will it help ?????????

I already answered it, unless something is designed grounded up with stealth in mind, a coat of paint wont help it. If that was the case US/China or Russia for that matter wont be spending billions on Stealth fighters, they would be coating their already existing jets.

I already answered it, unless something is designed grounded up with stealth in mind, a coat of paint wont help it. If that was the case US/China or Russia for that matter wont be spending billions on Stealth fighters, they would be coating their already existing jets.
You missed it again...….. I am sure F-15 was not designed stealth in mind...… But we saw F-15SE..... Even Chinees did it with there J serious (J-11 or J-16 or J-15 I forgot) …..
A 'Stealthy' F-15 ‘Silent Eagle’: Smart Idea or a Waste of Money?
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/stealthy-f-15-‘silent-eagle’-smart-idea-or-waste-money-29127

J-16 fighter jet stealth-capable, able to carry all types of Chinese air-to-surface weapons
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1137399.shtml

You missed it again...….. I am sure F-15 was not designed stealth in mind...… But we saw F-15SE..... Even Chinees did it with there J serious (J-11 or J-16 or J-15 I forgot) …..
A 'Stealthy' F-15 ‘Silent Eagle’: Smart Idea or a Waste of Money?
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/stealthy-f-15-‘silent-eagle’-smart-idea-or-waste-money-29127

F-15SE was built up to be stealth, the keyword here is built up. As far as I remember the project is already cancelled. So stop beating the bush.

F-15SE was built up to be stealth, the keyword here is built up. As far as I remember the project is already cancelled. So stop beating the bush.
What about J-16 ?????????? Why you getting upset ????? If you don't know then stop answering...…. I clearly ask one question . RAM on JF-17 help or not …….and you start whole lecture ……..
Will RAM help to reduce RCS of JF-17 block III…………….. If yes then why not have it...…. Why not do some R&D in that regard … Simple ……… I am sure PAF will not stop on block III we will see block IV and V ……… (initial report said PAF will have 200 to 250 JF-17s)
Edit: If RAM can make our JF-17 upcoming blocks more deadlier and stealthier (Low RCS) why not go for that . Cheaper way to have stealth in Air force .. We cannot afford 100+ 5th Gen Bird … Our economy wont allow us..

Last edited:
What about J-16 ?????????? Why you getting upset ????? If you don't know then stop answering...…. I clearly ask one question . RAM on JF-17 help or not …….and you start whole lecture ……..
Will RAM help to reduce RCS of JF-17 block III…………….. If yes then why not have it...…. Why not do some R&D in that regard … Simple ……… I am sure PAF will not stop on block III we will see block IV and V ……… (initial report said PAF will have 200 to 250 JF-17s)

Unless there is a major redesign, it wont turn into a stealth fighter. Regardless of your wishes, needs define purpose. Period.

Unless there is a major redesign, it wont turn into a stealth fighter. Regardless of your wishes, needs define purpose. Period.
I edited my post ……. As you said putting RAM here and there wont make it stealth fighter ,,, I don't want to make it stealth fighter …… My point is Putting RAM on JF-17 future blocks without major redesign !!!! Will this make JF-17 more stealthier ( Means Low RCS) ….. If yes so why not put some money on R&D in this regard ……
I am not saying turning JF-17 into 5th Gen bird …… Rest I am sure PAF and PAC will do the best for upcoming blocks of JF-17 ……. I will love to see RAM on JF-17 ….. Yes you can call it my wishes.

Back
Top Bottom