What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

What!!!!!!!!!!!!
agm-65cutaway.jpg

Concentrate on the front..
You will that much like your Professional Cameras.. The main Camera Lens has a added layer of glass(or other material) on top which forms the "window" for the lens to look out from. And just like your good old camera.. these "windows" are prone to scratches, dust and all those things that ruin Image quality. While that may be OK for your Camera.. it can be disastrous for your seeker in a targeting pod.

Man i really appreciate your work but don't agree with those Chaff and Flare Pictures.
I was expecting close up images like other old chapters.
Something like this

jf-17_thunder_avionics_shelve-201x300.jpg

jf-17_thunder_baggage_01-194x300.jpg

Or like this
FlareDispenserFuseTopStbd.jpg

suu-25-DFST9204375_JPG.jpg

i ve never seen any aircraft flying with covered Flare holes. Please Please Please .. provide Images like above ....

I wish something likes these are shared with me. Generally people become silent on topics related to weapon configuration:(. Inside PAF, Project JF-17 is nothing less than a stealth aircraft project:D

CAC improved the Xiaolong wing static test: 200% load still intact

May 18, 03 of the "Fierce Dragon" aircraft left wing in the Central Laboratory in the aircraft industry to fly into the successful completion of the static test of the 200% load case reached the customer, which marks the improved aircraft wing strength application requirements.
The results showed that, in the state of a given load, the wing structure is not destroyed, in line with the design theory. The trial for the further improvement of the kind, the wing structure to provide a full and reliable data.
Fly Technical Center laboratory in accordance with the design and testing requirements in order to ensure the smooth progress of the trial, as detailed and full preparations before the official start of the trial, many times 40% load pre-test.
The experiments were carried out 100%, 150%, 200% load of the three kinds of loads.
The trial period, China Aviation Industry, deputy chief engineer Yang Wei went to the site and assumed personal command, an expert on Pakistan , the relevant departments of the aircraft industry, and relevant members of the unit on-site participation throughout the trial. (Shen Feng Xu Boshe shadow reports)

oq2zl.jpg

http://mil.chinaiiss.com/html/20125/29/a4e480.html
http://news.qq.com/a/20120528/000962.htm

成飞完成枭龙机翼静力试验:200%载荷下仍然完好

5月18日,“枭龙”飞机03架左机翼在中航工业成飞技术中心试验室顺利完成200%载荷工况的静力试验, 这标志着改进后的飞机机翼强度达到了客户的使用要求。

试验结果表明,在给定的载荷状态下,机翼结构未发生破坏,与设计理论相符。此次试验为该型机机翼结构的进一 步改进提供了翔实可靠的数据。

为保证试验的顺利进行,成飞技术中心试验室按照设计和试验要求进行了细致充分的准备工作,并在试验正式开始 前,做了多次40%载荷的预试。

此次试验共进行了100%、150%、200%三种载荷的加载。

试验期间,中航工业副总工程师杨伟亲临现场并坐镇指挥,巴基斯坦方面的专家、中航工业相关部门以及相关成员 单位现场参与了整个试验。

Above, below: Luoyang PL-12/SD-10A on JF-17 pylon launchers, exported to Pakistan (image © 2010 Air Power Australia, via Zhenguan Studio).ausairpower.net/Zhuhai-2010
SD-10A-PL-12A-AAM-APA-1S.jpg
SD-10A-PL-12A-AAM-APA-2S.jpg

PLA Air to Air Missiles
anyone got the complete pic including the jft? can anyone compare the wheel in the pic and judge if its j10 or jf17

JF-17 Pioneers

Group Captain – Ahsen Rafiq – JF-17 CPD - CO of TEF of small batch production JF-17's.
Wing Commander Khalid Mahmood – OC 26 Sqdn
Wing Commander Hakim – OC 16 Sqdn – has more flying hours than any other JF-17 pilot.
Wing Commander Ronald – flight leader 26 Sqdn
Wing Commander Rashid – flight leader 16 Sqdn
Sqn Leader Hussain (Shaheed) – flight leader 26 Sqdn

KLaNd.png
GVFjn.jpg

All JF-17 are capable of flying at night
You may call me crazy for dragging the Thunder in to PLA Navy carrier. Briefly,one of the simmering issue at present is how far J-10 can be improved and upgraded. J-10 is reaching a point where further upgrades may not be possible even though it is a great aircraft. JF-17 is not only inexpensive but has a lot of room to grow. A lot of talks and rumors are circulating, not necessarily that they are all true but they point to ideas that may or could be incorporated. I may state a few of them:

1. The single tall vertical tail may make way for twin tail to make it more stealthy. Also as Chinese have not designed and produced a twin tail yet, there seems to be a desire by the Chinese to introduce their own designed twin tail and introdece it for FC-1/JF-17
2. Twin tail will also reduce the weight
3.Change the circular rcs to diamond shaped cross section to improve stealthiness.
5. Keep the iconic DSI but make modify it due to changes in the nose
6. Increase the rounded edges on the wing. This will not only enable Thunder to perform better at low speed and at low altitude flying
This will also increase the wing tank capacity and increase range
7.Change the spine design and raise the cockpit for a better flight vision
8.Increase the take off weight.

Rest later. My eyes are hurting now.

Thank you so much for the respect shown by many on this forum and others. I am grateful. It is a bonus for old peorson like me to enjoy it at a time when respect for elders by youngsters is wanning in the new world.

P.S. MuradK not his true name, and i joined PAF on the same day but left at different times. He stayed with PAF and I went on to work in Defence industry in UK and USA in 1970s.

tidbits by sir pshamim

jf17jdwdec79jy.jpg
SHXxV.jpg
RNRAd.jpg
2gSSH.jpg

oldies

WS-13 engine. The exhaust petal looks similar to RD-93 engine

WS-13.jpg

Im in doubt WS-13 can be a game changer for PAF JF-17 thunder and provide enough thrust like F-16 Block 60 in UAE airforce ???

And when we expect to see Block 2 in PAF or even with WS-13 ??? because we are already in the mid of 2012 and no signs of these birds coming

Im in doubt WS-13 can be a game changer for PAF JF-17 thunder and provide enough thrust like F-16 Block 60 in UAE airforce ???

And when we expect to see Block 2 in PAF or even with WS-13 ??? because we are already in the mid of 2012 and no signs of these birds coming

Buddy, JF-17 is a light weight fighter and Blk-60 is a medium weight jet, comparing them and their engine power is not the correct way. So, don't compare their engine thrust. Even though at the start of JF-17 F-100 series engine was one of the contenders to be tested and even now it can be accommodate in it, the 105-6kN thrust version.

WS-13 is atleast 3-4 years away, till it matures enough to win PAF confidence.

Gents I guess this is an information pool, not a discussion thread

I have extracted these from a report by a student who was at Kamra on placement in 2010. $1.4m for the radar and $3m total for avionics.

The report is here: Visit Report

rhF9Q.jpg

dzEla.jpg

lE5wy.jpg

oCMdE.jpg

Posted by Hongjian on CDF.

3QfaB.jpg
some info posted by tempest

We are slowly agreeing = GOOD.

We have a Russian executive telling the press that “it does not make sense to refuse either China or Pakistan technologies they can get elsewhere.” If the RD-93 was not made available, someone else engine was, or the WS-13 you have been given higher urgency.

It could send the “wrong message” but that is exactly what the Chinese are doing. China have been saying they want to offer customers options and choices. See the 3 engines available and on offer for the K-8. The radar choices and missile options on the F-7s. The two radars on offer for the FC-1. Even their APC and tanks are coming with German and Russian engines.

Running your engine on afterburner reduces life, but air forces do it when necessary. Cost/Benefit analysis. I agree it will reduce life, but the PAF, if over-clocking makes the JF-17 win battles, then they will over-clock it. It will fight and kill the enemy and come to back to base with a ruined engine but it has not only survived, but would have successfully defended the country. Engine life or spares availability becomes secondary. What engine life is there to conserve when you are a few seconds away from someone putting a missile into your exhaust?

Please check SIPRI data: SD-10 missiles and WMD-7 EO pods were delivered to the PAF. By the end of 2010, 25 x SD-10 and 22 x WMD-7s had been delivered. Please note that each JFT is coming with 4 x SD-10 and a WMD-7 of its own. i.e. they are not sharing. Note that guided weaponry (LS-6 and C-802) have been delivered too for the JF-17.

¡°èÉÁú¡±06¼Ü·É»ú½øÐб궨ÊÔÑé

Xiaolong 06 aircraft calibration test

google translation:

On August 8, the aircraft industry to fly 06 Xiaolong aircraft began a comprehensive calibration tests, the goal is to test the aircraft in the air under load. The trial will be fully verify the strength of the loading of the "Fierce Dragon" aircraft parts, aircraft design optimization and improvement for the next step to provide a detailed and reliable data.

Back
Top Bottom