What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

stress testing , looks like more sensors are added aswell ?
vY56i.jpg

wCqu7.png

thanks to nabil

The last and final chapter of short book on JF-17 Thunder has been uploaded. The chapter includes information of JF-17 configuration of weapon load, range/mission profile and illustrations/digital art-work. I would need members help in proof reading the book before uploading its full and final Pdf version.

Enjoy the read!

JF-17 Thunder Weapon load

complete book here:
PAFwallpapers Blog: JF-17 Thunder all round view

The last and final chapter of short book on JF-17 Thunder has been uploaded. The chapter includes information of JF-17 configuration of weapon load, range/mission profile and illustrations/digital art-work. I would need members help in proof reading the book before uploading its full and final Pdf version.

Enjoy the read!

Najam, whats this .. :blink:

jf-17_thunder_raptor_1_h-2_jsow_missile.jpg

Kentron (South Africa) built Raptor-I/H-2 Stand Off Weapon (SOW), is a lethal TV-guided glide bomb produced under license by Air Weapons Comlpex (AWC), Pakistan. H-2 has can strike a target upto 60 km (37.5 miles). H-2 has a Circular Error Probable (CEP) of 3m, hardened nose and timed fuse giving it the capability to penetrate Hardened Air Shelters (HAS) before explosion. Raptor-II/H-4 is a Beyond Visual Range Air to Air Missile (BVRAAM) with rocket motor.

jf-17_thunder_h4_weapon_load.jpg

few months back we thought thunder can carry four MRAAM on four underwing pylons(inner and outer), now it seems it can carry four with dual rack under two pylons..i wounder which is true or if both are wrong?

Najam, whats this .. :blink:

Thanks for the post. I have edited the typos error. Which is the other point you are pointing out? I hope you are not mixing up H-2 and H-4, the latter is not a A2G weapon. You can find its brochure on Denel dynamics official website.

few months back we thought thunder can carry four MRAAM on four underwing pylons(inner and outer), now it seems it can carry four with dual rack under two pylons..i wounder which is true or if both are wrong?

Weapon load is not about carrying maximum but required/efficient weapons. The inner most pylons are for fuel tanks, pylon 6/7 will carry MRAAMs whether on single rail our dual rails.

Thanks for the post. I have edited the typos error. Which is the other point you are pointing out? I hope you are not mixing up H-2 and H-4, the latter is not a A2G weapon. You can find its brochure on Denel dynamics official website.

H-2/4 are Stand Off Weapons, Bro. The BVR missile you are confusing with H-4 was named something else.
AFM High Marks edition Alan Warns reported that Mirage-3 fired a H-2 (SOW) from an approx distance of 60km away and it hit the target in front of audience.
PAF Artists have drawn H-4 as well which was tested by Sqn. Cobras in 2002-3.

So as of my info,

H2 is
jf-17_thunder_raptor_1_h-2_jsow_missile.jpg

H-4 is
h4.jpg

Note: If further Discussion is required then Quote my post in JFT thread, just to keep the POOL CLEAN, shell we :D

Weapon load is not about carrying maximum but required/efficient weapons. The inner most pylons are for fuel tanks, pylon 6/7 will carry MRAAMs whether on single rail our dual rails.

oscar said sometime before that inner pylons were wired for SD-10 too, i was referring to that..plus there was an airshow armament photo showing MRAAM on inner pylons.
is there an authentic source(web or your personal) that dual racks have been applied and tested ion jf-17?

oscar said sometime before that inner pylons were wired for SD-10 too, i was referring to that..plus there was an airshow armament photo showing MRAAM on inner pylons.
is there an authentic source(web or your personal) that dual racks have been applied and tested ion jf-17?

JF-17 / FC-1 has been tested and seen carrying normal 250KG bombs on dual rack pylons, thus it can be safely assumed that there is no limitation that dual rack can not be fitted on JF-17.

There is no big issue in fixing a dual rack pylon, its tested already with dumb bombs, and the weapons mgt computer / hardware can support it and it was thought about during the testing stages.

JF-17 can carry weapons on all its pylons.

Can anyone identify what type of unguided bombs those are? Those bombs seem to be smaller than Chinese 250kg LDGP's.

250kg Low-Drag General-Purpose Bomb - SinoDefence.com

Yeah, these are Chinese origin general purpose bombs on a dual rack ejector.

Chinese have made even 100Kg & 50KG variants of these bombs.

Below link can provide you a very good idea on how large are these bombs and what their shape is. They seem to be 250lb version of some Chinese rigin bomb.

To me the size seems kind of equal to a Mk-82 bomb.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...irole-fighter-thread-4-a-246.html#post2276640

^^ Excellent!

BTW, does the H-4 really look like that? I don't think we have seen a real picture of it.

Guys, this is not a questions/comments thread --- If you need to discuss something posted on this thread, quote it in the main jft thread4 -- please abide by this simple rule so that we can keep this thread informative and to the point

Back
Top Bottom