What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

Check the coordinates at the end of the video.

Possible Afghanistan theater coming.

Natural grounds for JF-17 ops.

Not to mention 80's era Soviet/Afghanistan scenarios.

Just saw the growling thunder video and was about to post it, trying to find the right thread to put it in, when I saw your post.

Yeah, a Bagram map; considering the JF-17 model, it’s the closest thing to our region. Good for simulating base defenses for our FC with rapid reaction JF-17 or a Helicopter gunship.

I wonder how long it will take to update DCS World with Block III that has 5 x PL15s and PL-10s with HMCS ... will turn the odds in JF17 favour too much in the sim!!!

So I am posting this here, because an F-22 vs JF-17 scenario pushes Thunder to its absolute max. The guy making the video is laughing at the Thunder, but if you look at the flight envelope it is astounding what a light combat aircraft with Russian engines is able to pull off. @SQ8 you have always criticized TVC and its role in modern combat. Checkout what TVC allows the F-22 to achieve here

I wonder if this was a 1 F-22 vs 2 JF-17 fight how it would turn out.

Last edited:
So I am posting this here, because an F-22 vs JF-17 scenario pushes Thunder to its absolute max. The guy making the video is laughing at the Thunder, but if you look at the flight envelope it is astounding what a light combat aircraft with Russian engines is able to pull off. @SQ8 you have always criticized TVC and its role in modern combat. Checkout what TVC allows the F-22 to achieve here

I wonder if this was a 1 F-22 vs 2 JF-17 fight how it would turn out.
1v1 yes
But the JF isn’t equipped with a HOBS and it is up against a F-22!!
I flew 1v1 against a simulated MKI in DCS and evenly took it out by keeping it 1 circle within the first turn and then going 2 circle to negate the Archer shot.

there's gotta be something wrong with the mod, I mean, each plane fired off 3 missiles each at each other and they all missed and only the 4th one reached? doesn't sound right, too much of a coincidence...

DIY homemade pit

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX4X47gB1HE/?utm_medium=copy_link

1644398789880.jpg

Back
Top Bottom