What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

yes and there were lot of other things supplied to china along with the partial algorithms which they must have implemented in their other systems

If it's not 100% match in hard and software, then it's not a copy.
Technology gained (either by theft or purchased), studied, worked over, implemented. Every company in this world follow this path for their new products. No one event new alphabets.

Well that's an opinion of an Indian...so it doesn't affect the reality. But the difference between China and India is that even if Chinese copy, they know their stuff and are able to do it successfully but you Indians fail and fail terribly...the classic example is Tejas
and by the way what Chinese do is technically called reverse engineer; a highly complicated and advance field in engineering.
im an ex IAF ie israeli air force and no chinese don't make anything original not a single weapon system is original que the copy of soviet flanker , israeli La'avi and F-35 blatant copies and thinking adding canards would make it appear different say what you will stealing is stealing.

If it's not 100% match in hard and software, then it's not a copy.
Technology gained (either by theft or purchased), studied, worked over, implemented. Every company in this world follow this path for their new products. No one event new alphabets.
well paintjob is different but do you think a different paintjob makes it different?

im an ex IAF ie israeli air force and no chinese don't make anything original not a single weapon system is original que the copy of soviet flanker , israeli La'avi and F-35 blatant copies and thinking adding canards would make it appear different say what you will stealing is stealing.
What would you say DF21 which your American masters acknowledge that nothing like that exists

Well that's an opinion of an Indian...so it doesn't affect the reality. But the difference between China and India is that even if Chinese copy, they know their stuff and are able to do it successfully but you Indians fail and fail terribly...the classic example is Tejas
and by the way what Chinese do is technically called reverse engineer; a highly complicated and advance field in engineering.
also they were sold the algorithms too i wonder how much reverse engineering they actually did

well paintjob is different but do you think a different paintjob makes it different?
I quoted your own wording, when you said partial algo was supplied. Now you are twisting your own words and declaring it a paint job
Indians :enjoy:

if it's anywhere near the level of the performance of ELM 2052 it will be much better than the block 52 radars its range or might i say raw range might be less in terms of distance but AESA has much more clear picture of the battlespace and its highly prone to jamming or electronic warfare which mechanical radars absolutely gets outmatched against so yeah it will be a really good addition in pakistani arsenal though i would say selex would be a absolute game changer if you guys can partner with them.

if its built with JF17 in mind it will fit but but thats not everything will there be enough power to operate it and enough cooling to optimize its performance thats another question.
can you share 2052's specs and range.
is IDF using it on any of its own jet or is it just an export product.
its highly prone to jamming or electronic warfare
:o: if i remember correctly wasn't it was other way around aesa being more resilient to jamming than mechanical radar

Chinese in most of the Chinese defense forums are so happy of this wonderful news for our Pakistanis brothers, unfortunately when we brought this news here, we're met with doubts, most of all an Indian troll has been allowed to insult Chinese copy this copy that to have a trolling field day right here, thanks bros once again

Take it from someone who works in an aerospace company that you can't make an AESA radar without exposed T/R modules. #Electronics101.
take it from someone who actually works with the company that it is a AESA perhaps this is just a model not a production unit maybe though but man does it resemble the 2052.
can you share 2052's specs and range.
is IDF using it on any of its own jet or is it just an export product.

:o: if i remember correctly wasn't it was other way around aesa being more resilient to jamming than mechanical radar

http://www.iai.co.il/Sip_Storage//FILES/7/41417.pdf

obviously these are not the exact specs.

sorry my bad i apologize i forgot to add not prone.

Last edited:
Chinese in most of the Chinese defense forums are so happy of this wonderful news for our Pakistanis brothers, unfortunately when we brought this news here, we're met with doubts, most of all an Indian troll has been allowed to insult Chinese copy this copy that to have a trolling field day right here, thanks bros once again
We're happy bro as for the trolls just report them and ignore them. :-)

I quoted your own wording, when you said partial algo was supplied. Now you are twisting your own words and declaring it a paint job
Indians :enjoy:
partial algorithms are enough nobody provides you the exact algorithms after all its our bread and butter we are not even providing the indians the exact algorithms and they will have to extrapolate and develop much of their own too nothing wrong its just business and it relies heavily on the know how.

shooting stationary planes with ballistic missiles good luck with that without the complicated satellites DF-21 can't hit a island let alone a moving ship and if they did manage to hit get ready for a full blown nuclear strike US considers their aircraft carriers as moving US territory thus it warrants a full blown NATO nuclear response i would say chinese would be wise to attack american mainland before launching DF-21. just my 2 cents.

https://www.navy.com/about/equipment/vessels/carriers.html
Dont't be an idiot and lie here...and try to deflect the topic to war and politics a typical Indian troll trait.
You don't even know that where it will be used idiot.
.that is for anti-ship role especially anti-ACC and US experts have acknowledged that nothing of that sort exists and China has a lot satellites and Beidou and Russian Glonass to support it

Last edited:
that's such a blatant copy of our ELTA radar even the LRUs design and placement is exact i bet even the number of screws would be exact gotta say though with begrudging respect but you chinese are one heck of a plagiarists.

also the description is implying it is equal to the radar on F-35????? is that so????
jalous?

Though this "copying" is prevalent to an extent,
Unlike the Indians the Chinese actually produce their own military equipment.
And they have been helping us too.

Back
Top Bottom