What's new

JF-17 Block II, A Final Thunder & The FC-20 - Updates

I want to ask a genuine question I think it could have answered many times but as a newbie I want to know whether china is also going to have JF-17 -2 in its inventory as people are saying it would be like typhoon - f 16 combo . Regards

It can turn both ways. But less likely as J-11s, FBC-1 (JH-7A), Su-30MKK are also there as choice beside J-10s for PLAAF.

I want to ask a genuine question I think it could have answered many times but as a newbie I want to know whether china is also going to have JF-17 -2 in its inventory as people are saying it would be like typhoon - f 16 combo . Regards

lol if you are quoting my post then it was for PAF and not for PLAAF , secondly jf-17 block 2 is not out yet so no one can decide as of now about them being inducted by PLAAF . but in past we have heard the statement coming out from some Chinese officials that PLAAF will induct FC-1 to replace F-7s and A-5s but JF-17 block 2 will be a bit different story housing more sophistication

It can turn both ways. But less likely as J-11s, FBC-1 (JH-7A), Su-30MKK are also there as choice beside J-10s for PLAAF.

If I am not wrong they also have a lot of outdated plane of mig series. They would like phase them out with jft-17 which is quite cheap, lethal and having in house production. It makes complete sense to go for JFT-17.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

lol if you are quoting my post then it was for PAF and not for PLAAF , secondly jf-17 block 2 is not out yet so no one can decide as of now about them being inducted by PLAAF . but in past we have heard the statement coming out from some Chinese officials that PLAAF will induct FC-1 to replace F-7s and A-5s but JF-17 block 2 will be a bit different story housing more sophistication

I have quoted you because I think you are one of the most senior and trusted member on the forum. And I was specifically asking about JFT-17 which as per you is in the rank of very best. It is a very cheap option to phase out the oldies as you rightly said fro PLAAF of course.

What is wrong with all of you? Stay on topic!

I have quoted you because I think you are one of the most senior and trusted member on the forum. And I was specifically asking about JFT-17 which as per you is in the rank of very best. It is a very cheap option to phase out the oldies as you rightly said fro PLAAF of course.

well thanks for you flattering comments i am completely overwhelmed :) but yes on a serious note PLAAF can still think for inducting FC-1 as a cheap and effective replacement for it F-7s and A-5 but for which variant they will go is bit ambiguous, will they induct the current variant and later the next variants like PAF or will they directly jump onto the next variant . Another thing to see is the priorities PAF has far far less budget compared to PLAAF also PAF is a defensive force with minimum offence while PLAAF is other way round so the induction will depend upon their own priorities as they vary with different air-forces but nonetheless its an aircraft with good potential for not only PAF but for many other countries .

Regards

Zia

Your 100% correct on the LCA leading to wasted time and money on mirage2000 & mig29.

But here lies the problem USA sanctioned INDIA post pokhran nuke tests which lost india/hal 5 years.

I agree today if not 200 IAF certainly could have had 100 mk1 tejas already and getting ready for next 100 mk2 tejas.

This is where THUNDER has been a much better move for PAF in terms of getting a CUSTOM made fighter for you by CHINA.

You will get induction at a good time frame and china know how will be very useful in setting up your license build and future maintenance plants.

For the record the RUSSIANS did offer the same deal to india a SU55 single engined fighter as a custom built single enginede muti role fighter financed by india rather than LCA

but the indians are thinking long term AND one good thing from LCA is the MASSIVE INFRASTRUCTURE that india/hal now has for future projects in place already.
HAL's performance is nothing short of disappointing, I can remember at a time when IAF decided to complete the MKI order by buying it of the shelf from Russia. Its has just been burdened with almost everything, earning a nick name of HAE (Horrible At Everything)

HAL's performance is nothing short of disappointing, I can remember at a time when IAF decided to complete the MKI order by buying it of the shelf from Russia. Its has just been burdened with almost everything, earning a nick name of HAE (Horrible At Everything)

Competitors matter alot , currently HAL enjoys the monopoly so its upto them how they perform and what they do , nobody is going to ask them due to sheer patriotism and a love of indeginization . But privatization of HAL may work out for india as usually in our part of the world companies owned by govt are least productive , another option will be bringing up more and more direct competitors in the market so that may catalyse HAL to work more efficiently in minimum time span using minimum resources . Competition b/w boeing and LM has taken the best out of them similarly in Russia there is sukhoi and mig

New 50 JF-17's China is giving us is block 2 JF17 and will be delivered to us in 6 months that combined with some updates on FC-20/J-10B's.

More powerful weapon mission management computer, store management system, powerful Defense Aid System including MAWS new version SE-3, superior avionics, communication suite, improved full spectrum of electronic warfare suite, radar could be small AESA of J-10 or KLJ-7B version with more range, modes, anti jamming, composite will increase from 8 to 30 or 40% allowing weight reduction and chin mounted hard point (s), IRST is there most likely. It is an overall improvement of first batch

HAL performance has been down but the real reason is politics not HAL..LCA was delayed only a few years by sanctions but a decade by mere politics of inducting it. india had a free excess to french material in early 2000s for engine and had full excess to american equipment by 2002..

PAF was struggling to get its sabre2 project done..it also lacked any facility to develop a fighter craft with china PAF was able to comeup with design tailerd made according to its requirement ..and an excellent learing experience. who knows if our econmicy goes well . we may be able to use this experience to put a solid aero capability

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

lets stay on topic...........whats the update on so called diamond nose of jf-17..?

New 50 JF-17's China is giving us is block 2 JF17 and will be delivered to us in 6 months that combined with some updates on FC-20/J-10B's.

More powerful weapon mission management computer, store management system, powerful Defense Aid System including MAWS new version SE-3, superior avionics, communication suite, improved full spectrum of electronic warfare suite, radar could be small AESA of J-10 or KLJ-7B version with more range, modes, anti jamming, composite will increase from 8 to 30 or 40% allowing weight reduction and chin mounted hard point (s), IRST is there most likely. It is an overall improvement of first batch

Source Please?

Evil death,

Please put some worth while effort please----why is it that with my pakistanis brethren--every time there is a discussion started---it has always got to go back to page 1------. Do you know how to run a relay race.
Yes! I did run relay race once in my lifetime.:smokin:

Unfortunately for the team one member always finds it convenient to run backwards....!!
Just to appease his ego that no matter how but i have to be different from the lot!!

Unfortunately for the team one member always finds it convenient to run backwards....!!
Just to appease his ego that no matter how but i have to be different from the lot!!

Either that.. or its better to avoid a crowd mentality..
Since a crowd has the collective intellectual capacity of a five year old.

However.. it could be either reason.. depends on the arguments presented and the logic behind them.
The one with the ego.. will eventually falter and resort to pointing you out in a demeaning manner.
The crowd however.. will react the same way a 5 year old does when you tell them they cant have ice cream.

" NO! NO! NO!"...

Back
Top Bottom