What's new

JF-17 block-3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon, but that statement is against all logic: If all reports say - just look at page one of this tread - Block III is still in development, why should then an image that is a few months old and showing a prototype be a proof for a Block III??

We know images of the Y-20 prototypes at Xi'an that are there longer than 12-18 months ... are they proof that they are already testing the WS-20??

Come on guys, I can fully understand your high hopes but you should stay realistic. Unless a true insider does not tell a Block III prototype is already manufactured - and so far all reliable sources say exactly the contrary - there's no reason to believe this is a Block III.

Often the most simply answer to an unconfirmed issue is the correct one ... so IMO it's just a B.
Yes, everyone is getting up in arms, let it be; we will know in a few months or next year. trying to guess and make stress is not worth. PDF members need to be professionals in their outlook not amateur kids.

To admit I appreciate You post, but it was clearly an offensive post by MasterKhan and also clearly against me; I only do not understand why? Asking questions concerning an unlikely statement even from a senior member is and should not forbidden - therefore a forum - and without any proof or at least an explanation I do not rate his statement as a fact.

Maybe @Quwa can help?
I think MastanKhan thought Bharwana had a legit/official source for his observation (re: the photo) and mistakenly thought you were trying to fish him out for it (where in truth you were just trying to verify the claim).

It's not block 3
They haven't even finalize frame composition yet

Pardon, but that statement is against all logic: If all reports say - just look at page one of this tread - Block III is still in development, why should then an image that is a few months old and showing a prototype be a proof for a Block III??

We know images of the Y-20 prototypes at Xi'an that are there longer than 12-18 months ... are they proof that they are already testing the WS-20??

Come on guys, I can fully understand your high hopes but you should stay realistic. Unless a true insider does not tell a Block III prototype is already manufactured - and so far all reliable sources say exactly the contrary - there's no reason to believe this is a Block III.

Often the most simply answer to an unconfirmed issue is the correct one ... so IMO it's just a B.

The Block III's configuration was finalised only a few months ago.

There's no way a prototype will be ready in just a few months.

IT IS TIME TO STICK CHINA, FORGET ABOUT OTHERS COUNTRIES.

Reactions: Mrc
We need a few sukhois or migs if we can get em somehow. To keep our belligerent neighbor in check.

"Being in development" doesn't mean it can't be in physical form especially when it is not a brand new design. We all know Block III is basically an advanced version of block II with some minor changes in the design probably adapted from two-seat version.

Major changes are going to be in the sub-systems that are not visible from the outside. Two-thirds of 2018 have already gone for Block three to start serial production in 2019, a block III prototype/Tech demonstrater should be going through testing for some months.

Do not expect JF-17 Block-3 before March 2019 because both RD-93MA and improved WS-13 will be ready after March 2019.

And it is very likely PAF will keep the airframe design under wraps till its flying and it will request Chengdu for same as well. Delay in JF-17 Block-3 is because the sub systems are all brand new and under development. Its not a air frame construction delay.

37358738_2155640874673258_135016132355555328_n.jpg
Its look like f16

I think MastanKhan thought Bharwana had a legit/official source for his observation (re: the photo) and mistakenly thought you were trying to fish him out for it (where in truth you were just trying to verify the claim).

My source was the image. I saw the image and quoted @Deino for clarification. He asked me to provide date and I asked dafeng for info but before he can reply a forum member provided the date.
Yes @MastanKhan thought that I had other source that is why he questioned.

IMG_0179.JPG

Expecting this configuration as block 3 end of story

Basically with this Config jf will have swing/multi role capability within same mission ;)

4 stations for a2a and 5
Plus for a2g

Inspiration for your block three should be the gripen ng

That means changing alloy airframe to composites
Adding aesa radars
Adding a full Hmd/hobs capability
Next generation strike weapons
Electronic warfare suite in class of spectra
Finally a better more efficient engine than Russian rd93.

That many changes will give you a truly capable mid fourth generation fighter.

It would still suffer the handicap of bigger loads and range that can only be achieved by medium weight fighters but over your own airspace it will keep you safe up-to 2040.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is recent article or an old one

http://aviationweek.com/awin/pakistan-s-jf-17-export-plans-may-bear-fruit

Pakistan’s efforts to sell its indigenous JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighter aircraft are getting a boost with the government’s vow to push defense exports. The Pakistan government is said to have given a positive response to a proposed initiative by the Pakistan air force (PAF) to export the JF-17 to prospective buyer states. The JF-17 was developed as a joint venture between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) of ...

Not sure if this is recent article or an old one

http://aviationweek.com/awin/pakistan-s-jf-17-export-plans-may-bear-fruit

Pakistan’s efforts to sell its indigenous JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighter aircraft are getting a boost with the government’s vow to push defense exports. The Pakistan government is said to have given a positive response to a proposed initiative by the Pakistan air force (PAF) to export the JF-17 to prospective buyer states. The JF-17 was developed as a joint venture between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) of ...
It's from 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom