What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Hmm looks like Argentinians are idiots not going for the block 3 option if capability is truly what they have in mind. Unfortunately, military sales are about geopolitics as much, if not more than actual capabilities.
True. They can't go against the wishes of the US sitting next to them. Ironic.

Hmm looks like Argentinians are idiots not going for the block 3 option if capability is truly what they have in mind. Unfortunately, military sales are about geopolitics as much, if not more than actual capabilities.
Hi,

They did not have any choice---.

Americans twisted their arms to a break point---.

Hi,

I have an interesting question for the members---.

As you guys know in the past---Paf has integrated the short range aim 9 missile to non US aircraft.

Now---how about the current aim 9 missile that paf uses on the F-16---is it integrated with the JF-17---?

Hi,

As you guys know in the past---Paf has integrated the short range aim 9 missile to non US aircraft.

Now---how about the current aim 9 missile that paf uses on the F-16---is it integrated with the JF-17---?

Have not seen. Probably because:

In the past, PAF only had non-BVR options, so perhaps they wanted to use the capable & longest range (WVR) missile on its platforms. AIM9 has significantly more range then PL-5A (10km) or PL-5b(16 km).

JF-17s came loaded BVR capability and SD-10s, So perhaps there wasn't any major need or requirement to do so.

Latest Jeffs are anyway going to use HOBS missiles.

Hi,

May be not, integration was easy at that time due to technology not as complex as it is today, due to advancement today it can be protected much better from such Integration.

Now i really don't know how did they do in the past. If we could know, it may be easy to answer your question.

May be not, integration was easy at that time due to technology not as complex as it is today, due to advancement today it can be protected much better from such Integration.

Now i really don't know how did they do in the past. If we could know, it may be easy to answer your question.
Hi,

Ukraine is using some of the aim9 missiles as surface to air missiles---.

JF17- Block 3 ( / FC1 ) has come on a LONG way from the original photos we all used to "lust" over when those two tiny MFD's were considered state of the art form the original pictures of cockpit mockups.

What a journey. It has been a slow journey, but the thunder finally got there in the JF17- Block 3 ..

Attachments

• PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 1.jpg
    PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 161
  • PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 2.jpg
    PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 125
  • PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 3.jpg
    PAC & CATIC FC1 Cockpit 3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 138
JF17- Block 3 ( / FC1 ) has come on a LONG way from the original photos we all used to "lust" over when those two tiny MFD's were considered state of the art form the original pictures of cockpit mockups.

What a journey. It has been a slow journey, but the thunder finally got there in the JF17- Block 3 ..
the cockpit hasnt changed much since block 1.
1698583123453.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom