What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Hi,

Ukraine is using some of the aim9 missiles as surface to air missiles---.

they are being assisted by the supplier to use as surface to air, otherwise why were they supplied.

this is rubbish that they convert themselves to the said mode.

US is doing some war experiments, what better chance they can get to test the technology in real war scenario than Ukraine war.

Would China offer the WS-19 ? Can the JF17 airframe handle a new engine with ~20% increase in thrust without airframe changes and associated FBW changes ?

The current Block III is most lilely the definitive final version of the plane, with the focus turning to procuring a stealth plane I suspect. Commerically it has not sold that many outside of the PAF and the transition to Stealh becoming the focus of most serious air arms now. It took PAF and China too long to get to the Block III variant, which has affected its commerical opportunities as that would have been the variant that most were interested had - had they got their 5 years ago.

WS-19 is their latest and most likely destined for their J-35 series of jets with their initial production runs.

Agree that Block-III is the last major upgrade to the FJ-17 in its current airframe configuration. However there may be many incremental updates packed as Block-IV etc.

There will be many 3rd world failing states who would love to purchase the relic in years to come... E.g. somalia, Afghanistan, malaria land.... Etc.

they are being assisted by the supplier to use as surface to air, otherwise why were they supplied.

this is rubbish that they convert themselves to the said mode.

US is doing some war experiments, what better chance they can get to test the technology in real war scenario than Ukraine war.
Hi,

Son---keep your rhetoric down---.

The iranians converted hawk SA missile to air to air missiles for the F-14's.

Ukranians may have help---but they are a weapons producing nation.

Do you know any ukranians---.

I do---I know them to be technically and scientifically extremely astute people---.

And so are the pakistani scientists----.

What do you think is going to happen to the pakistani aim120 missiles after a few years---!!!

The visual ques and help is great but ultimately it is the Pilot who interprets the signals
And handle G effects of his turns, and come up with split second decision to make choices

For BVR Engagements , no doubt the new missiles will pack a new punch

Hi,

Son---keep your rhetoric down---.

The iranians converted hawk SA missile to air to air missiles for the F-14's.

Ukranians may have help---but they are a weapons producing nation.

Do you know any ukranians---.

I do---I know them to be technically and scientifically extremely astute people---.

And so are the pakistani scientists----.

What do you think is going to happen to the pakistani aim120 missiles after a few years---!!!

i totally agree with you on Ukranians.

what give me a little doubt is in such short span of time as those were delivered somewhere in september , they converted them to surface to air, there must be some assistance to speed up the process, rest they can do as they are quite sharp.

JF17 Thunder Block 3 will be In the Dubai Air Show between 13-17 November 2023.
1699213047665.png

the cockpit hasnt changed much since block 1.View attachment 966337
Hi,

And it still is one of the most advanced display in any aircraft in its category or close to its category.

The cockpit was designed originally for what was to come in the coming years---and to accommodate what the current usage was at the time of the built---.

On its own merit---the JEFF is an extremely formidable aircraft in all spectrums minus the 5th gen aircraft---once it gets HOBS missile and the PL15---.

Those who use it---can shed better light ---.

Have not seen. Probably because:

In the past, PAF only had non-BVR options, so perhaps they wanted to use the capable & longest range (WVR) missile on its platforms. AIM9 has significantly more range then PL-5A (10km) or PL-5b(16 km).

JF-17s came loaded BVR capability and SD-10s, So perhaps there wasn't any major need or requirement to do so.

Latest Jeffs are anyway going to use HOBS missiles.
Hi,

Agreed that they use the chinese hobs---but what is stopping them from using the Aim 9---

Dubai Airshow23 witnesses the inaugural participation of JF-17C Thunder Block-lll serial no. 22-308 in an international airshow, along with JF-17 Thunder Block -II on static display.
PAF may continue to Tweek JF-17 subject to need/ funds/Light - heavy mix requirement with J-10C..

1699749974701.png

Back
Top Bottom