What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

(All his sources are Twitter pages and fan edits that are regularly incorrect)
Exactly. And most is just a regurgitation of what we discuss on this forum, picked up by these “defence analysis/OSINT” people and then we get full circle when these bot like accounts on PDF whose real agenda is something else post it back as “facts”.

For example, look at the post#12400 up on this page and then look at what @arslank03 posted earlier below:
Just saying, i am still confident in that we will see a block 4 JF-17, i have been saying so since 2021 and still believe as such, lets look at it logically:

It's pretty clear that the PAF is seeking further indigenization of the JF-17, Block 3 received home-grown EW systems designed from scratch alongside SDR's, the same team designing these systems was also in charge of the fighter radar. AFAIK, they were moved from the radar onto these projects so i assume that would have meant the radar program was shelved, but i don't think that was the end of that.

Aside from that, it will be very expensive for the PAF to let AMF run idle, so either they will continue to order block 3's or a new iteration as a whole before AMF transitions to NGFA production.

Alongside this, its pretty clear the JF-17 has yet not reached the level that the PAF envisioned, uprated engine, IRST, more diverse weapons etc. While none of this sounds significant, this is all summarised, i have pretty strong reason to believe we will see a block IV.

The PAF will keep the production line running, using Block 3's to fill it until the funds are available and development is complete. Currently, funds are low, hence the block 3 order was cut and the production rate has been lowered to keep the line from idling, once funds are there, i anticipate another 20/25 aircraft and then the line will transition to a block IV, domestic AESA, new cockpit, domestic AAM's, improved IEWS, a guess is potentially some more advanced materials as PAC starts to prepare for transitioning to more advanced production processes, new engine, improved national TDL/IFF etc, these will also trickle their way down to MLU JF-17s IMO, i dont think they'll receive KLJ-7A but thats just a guess on my part, i think the PAF will try and standardise the fleet around their own domestic radar and further develop that

lets see what happens

Source please?
Much of it is available on the net, although some dispute the liquid coolant Galium arsenide(GaA) is not used and consider KLJ-7A a GaN based air cooled radar.

I tend not to answer many queries mainly due to lack of time. One of my cousins who has recently retired as an Air commodore spent some time in China in the early days of the JF17 project. The interest in PAF runs in the family.

Much of it is available on the net, although some dispute the liquid coolant Galium arsenide(GaA) is not used and consider KLJ-7A a GaN based air cooled radar.

I tend not to answer many queries mainly due to lack of time. One of my cousins who has recently retired as an Air commodore spent some time in China in the early days of the JF17 project. The interest in PAF runs in the family.
Specs quoted are wrong. It's 100NM for rcs 5, not 90NM. Roughly 195km. The other contender, LKF radar, could do 170km for Rcs5.

IMG_20230819_122625.jpg

PF-X JF-17D Block-IV will benefit from indigenous systems as well as Turkiye sharing cooperation in design activities of KAAN as well as Part Production infrastructure.
This will enable the idling JF-17C Line to reach an indigenous KAAN variant with maximum common infrastructure.
1692558315967.png

State Bank received USD5 billion in loans after SBA with IMF is settled, during the first month of the fiscal year 2023-24.

USD3 billion from Saudi Arabia and UAE,

whereas China disbursed USD500 million for JF-17 B project funded by CATIC as per link below:

it must be for block 3 so far as i understand, isn't it?

tribune.com.pk

Over $5b received for project financing, building reserves | The Express Tribune

Massive jump in foreign loans comes after deal with IMF
tribune.com.pk
tribune.com.pk

Excerpt from the news:
"China disbursed $508.4 million for the JF-17 B project funded by China National Aero-technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), according to information released by the Ministry of Economic Affairs on Monday."

On this day of boundless pride, as the sky dons its shades of freedom, the wings of our nation soar higher. Happy Independence Day. Let the echoes of our resolve resonate through the winds, as we vow to guard our aerial realm with unwavering courage and unyielding devotion.
View attachment 945891
Thenkyou China our iron brother for all the support & cooperation...:pakistan::cheers::china:

State Bank received USD5 billion in loans after SBA with IMF is settled, during the first month of the fiscal year 2023-24.

USD3 billion from Saudi Arabia and UAE,

whereas China disbursed USD500 million for JF-17 B project funded by CATIC as per link below:

it must be for block 3 so far as i understand, isn't it?

tribune.com.pk

Over $5b received for project financing, building reserves | The Express Tribune

Massive jump in foreign loans comes after deal with IMF
tribune.com.pk
tribune.com.pk

Excerpt from the news:
"China disbursed $508.4 million for the JF-17 B project funded by China National Aero-technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), according to information released by the Ministry of Economic Affairs on Monday."
The country is literally broke.

So no all those funds are not for military projects.

The country is literally broke.

So no all those funds are not for military projects.

you want to say funds acquired will not be used for the purpose announced?

so we lied with the purpose given to get those funds.

so whats the highest serial we have identified for the Block III? is it 12?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom