What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Everything points towards that yet they are refrain from calling it MA version for some reason it seems.
I have not seen an official mention of 94kN on the JF-17 officially. Please share if you have that

I have not seen an official mention of 94kN on the JF-17 officially. Please share if you have that
1669424785096.png

Tbh, the wet thrust value varies between 79 kN to 98 kN. It even reached at 104.5kN as @messiach have stated before.

As for official data, doubt any would be much reliable even if I could have and share any.

"The most significant difference being the repositioning of the gearbox along the bottom of the engine casing." The Klimov poster at Zhuhai 2010 airshow gave the thrust range of the engine to be 79 kN Dry to 98 kN Wet. This was designed specifically for FC-1 with increased thrust and relocated gearbox compared to base RD-33's. Although the increase of thrust decreased the service life of RD-93 to 2200 hours from RD-33's 4000 hours. According to Air Commodore Mehmood engines are solid and reliable: “We’ve flown 7,000 hours with the engine and we haven’t had any problems”, he said

All I know is that MTBO has decreased.

Attachments

• rd 93 J.M.pdf
    729.7 KB · Views: 36
View attachment 900446
Tbh, the wet thrust value varies between 79 kN to 98 kN. It even reached at 104.5kN as @messiach have stated before.

As for official data, doubt any would be much reliable even if I could have and share any.

All I know is that MTBO has decreased.
It clearly states Maximum Engine Thrust is 19000lbs = 84.5KN. Same as it was on the previous blocks.

Back
Top Bottom