What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

F-16 definitely has a better EW suite than the JF-17. Thought the JF-17 has more variety of munitions available. The Thunder's advantages outweigh its short comings undoubtedly.

JFT is our own baby while F-16 is our adopted baby ... in case of war if uncle sam decides to stop "child support" that would hamper our sorties and usage of vipers since we will have to make use of resources available to us while with JFT there no such restrictions.

F-16 definitely has a better EW suite than the JF-17
How did you come to this conclusion? Have you flight-tested both side by side yourself? Did you watch the UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor? Just like noone would have predicted the outcome in favor of Khabib, dont take JF-17 out of the race just because the competitor is tested and good! The new EW suite in Blk 3 might be a dark horse already! There is a reason why the US is unnerved by the Chinese the world over in technology and otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about flight characteristics. The F-16 EW package has proven Raytheon pedigree. There is a reason PAF wanted the DRFM perk with the F 16s. The JF-17 avionics are still going through a gestation period while the F-16's avionics are fully realised banking on experience from more evolved USAF and USN programs. But like I said I'd still put my money on the JF-17.

Any chance of PL-15 being under utilized because of KLJ-7A's less range?

Can KLJ-7A completely guide the PL-15?

I'm not talking about flight characteristics. The F-16 EW package has proven Raytheon pedigree. There is a reason PAF wanted the DRFM perk with the F 16s. The JF-17 avionics are still going through a gestation period while the F-16's avionics are fully realised banking on experience from more evolved USAF and USN programs. But like I said I'd still put my money on the JF-17.
I agree with you that F-16 and its subsystems are proven systems and thats what i mentioned above as well. But F-16 being a proven system doesnt automatically make the new system inferior. Gestation period is for new technologies not for new products. New products might use existing technologies hence might or might not need a 'gestation period'. Example: Huawei is a much late entry in the market of communications yet it has developed 5G faster, better and more reliable than Nokia Siemens, Cisco, Ericsson and likes. The EW suites borrow from the existing technologies present in the market. Hence it is wrong to say that the EW suite in JF-17 Blk 3 is anyway inferior to the one in F-16 Blk 50/52 without this coming from a pilot who has both the systems tested himself. This is precisely what our CCS is doing!

Last edited:
I agree with you that F-16 and its subsystems are proven systems and thats what i mentioned above as well. But F-16 being a proven system doesnt automatically make the new system inferior. Gestation period is for new technologies not for new products. New products might use existing technologies hence might or might not need a 'gestation period'. Example: Huawei is a much late entry in the market of communications yet it has developed 5G faster, better and more reliable than Nokia Siemens, Cisco, Ericsson and likes. The EW suites borrow existing technologies present in the market. Hence it is wrong to say that the EW suite in JF-17 Blk 3 is anyway inferior to the one in F-16 Blk 50/52 without this coming from a pilot who has both the systems tested himself. This is precisely what our CCS is doing!

yes we in the west working in tech are in a shock at their speed of innovation.. even as we speak, i was dicussing that wth my leadership as Huawei is our main competitor, and now they will be jumping into quantum communication in this decade.

My 1991 Mazda Miata also had great pedigree. But didn't have the electronics of any modern car even a Chinese branded one.

One has to understand that in the world of EW, time travels 10x faster.

WHO know jf secret? PAF is not stupit.... jf if paks. Safe tunnels

yes we in the west working in tech are in a shock at their speed of innovation.. even as we speak, i was dicussing that wth my leadership as Huawei is our main competitor, and now they will be jumping into quantum communication in this decade.

What company you with?

Well after seeing JF17 block 3 pictures i see no IRST can you guys tell me is is there any chance of IRST in JF17 block 3.

Well after seeing JF17 block 3 pictures i see no IRST can you guys tell me is is there any chance of IRST in JF17 block 3.

No inbuilt one. Given the structural changes required for an integrated IRST, we would have seen it on the Block III prototype if it was going to have one.

Back
Top Bottom